Windows 10: One of two WIN 10 USERS unable to LOGIN after power loss??

Discus and support One of two WIN 10 USERS unable to LOGIN after power loss?? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My five yr old? HP ENVY 15 LAPTOP runs 64 bit WIN 10 HOME, VER 1909 and there are two USER ACCTS. Recently, USER 1 was active when the display went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PWURL, May 21, 2020.

1. PWURL Win User

One of two WIN 10 USERS unable to LOGIN after power loss??

My five yr old? HP ENVY 15 LAPTOP runs 64 bit WIN 10 HOME, VER 1909 and there are two USER ACCTS.

Recently, USER 1 was active when the display went black...no warning. USER 1 noticed power plug was not inserted and immediately did so, she also quickly turned LAPTOP OFF we've been keeping the LAPTOP connected to power cause the battery was lasting less and less.

I used HP ON-LINE DIAGNOSTICS and it determined I needed a new battery. Since this occurrence,USER 2 is not affected and has normal access and use, so I didn't think the battery was the "problem", but I replaced it cause I needed one.USER 1, however, cannot login because the BOOT UP does not proceed past where the HOME SCREEN ICONS are being populated. The ICONS populate normally but then very quickly blink and continue to CYCLE the ICON POPULATING.

I'd appreciate thoughts or experience. I am researching how best to maintain USER 2, and remove USER 1 while retaining her DESKTOP, files, folders and APPS, but it appears - so far -

that I may have some resetting and reinstalling to do...I own all APPS and have back-ups and can reinstall, but I think the problem is a "glitch" in the start up caused by the power loss, etc., and I am thinking I simply do not have the experience to bypass it by removing and reinstalling USER 1.

:)

PWURL, May 21, 2020

2. Win 10 - no admin

Hello,

I suggest you to boot the system in Safe Mode and check if you are able to login. If you are able to login to Safe mode boot, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X keys and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below and press Enter.
    net user administrator /active: yes

If the command line completes successfully, login to the built-in Administrator account and create a new Administrator (user) account.

To boot the system in Safe Mode, follow the steps provided in the link below:

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

If you are unable to login to Safe Mode, then perform a System Restore by following the steps provided below:

• In the login screen, hold the “Shift” key and click on
      power icon and click on Restart.

• Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.

• Click on System Restore and follow the prompts to restore the system.

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly
      possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring. During System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also
      lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important files as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2020
  3. Unable to login via microsoft account or local user in windows 10

Hi Ankur,

I suggest you to perform a System Restore by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• In the login screen, hold the “Shift” key and click on power icon and click on
      Restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options.
    • Click on System Restore and follow the prompts to restore the system.

Note: Though it is said that System Restore does not affect your personal information such as email, documents, photos, videos, etc., but there is highly possible that some of your personal files are deleted while system restoring. During
    System Restore, there may be errors and such errors may cause damage to the files that are present in the system. And, computer shutdown during restoring process may also lead to file loss. Sometimes when System Restore is failed, it may lead to loss of important
    files as well.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Thank you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 21, 2020
  4. One of two WIN 10 USERS unable to LOGIN after power loss??

WIn 10 Starts with wrong user.

Hello,

I understand the inconvenience you are facing. We will help you.

I suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you make any recent changes prior to the issue?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, May 21, 2020
Thema:

One of two WIN 10 USERS unable to LOGIN after power loss??

1. One of two WIN 10 USERS unable to LOGIN after power loss?? - Similar Threads - USERS unable LOGIN

2. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  3. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  4. User profile unable to load after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    User profile unable to load after login: I cannot enter through my system, when I try to login and it gives me an error "the user profile service failed to sign in, user profile cannot be loaded".I need some fix with this. Thanks....
  5. Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login to Win 10 after upgrading from Win 7: I had a Win 7 Dell Laptop . I wanted to upgrade it to Win 10. In the laptop, updated all the drivers & all the latest Windows Updates available to date. Downloaded Win 10 Media creation tool & selected "Upgrade this PC". After complete upgradation I was using it in Win 10...
  6. Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Two log-in choices at Win 10 start - Only one user: Wife just got a new PC with Win 10 Home ver. 1809 build 17763.805. Somehow there ended up two log-in users when Windows first starts. One user has her photo, the other has no picture. The one without the photo gives an "Incorrect User ID or Password", while the one with the...
  7. Win 10 user with two microsoft accounts - need to remove one

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win 10 user with two microsoft accounts - need to remove one: Hi I have a win user account wich has TWO microsoft user accounts under "Accounts used by other apps" I need to remove one of them (the account is closing down), but there is no REMOVE on it - only at the other - but that is the one I want to keep. It's an...
  8. Unable to Login Win 10 on one of my PCs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to Login Win 10 on one of my PCs: I'm able to login to Windows 10 on home PC. I keep getting password is incorrect. I logged in earlier today with no problems, so I did restarts, Shut off, etc. Tried onscreen keyboard also but it still did not work. I'm able to login my other PCs at home no problem so I...
  9. Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user options in login screen, need to remove one?: Here's a pic of what I'm seeing at my login screen. https://goo.gl/photos/WVjueypwyHM338MV7 [img] But when I go to user account through netplwiz I see 5 accounts. Administrator Benjamin (myself) Default Account Guest HomeGroupUser$ Which one do I delete...
  10. Two logins -one wrong

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two logins -one wrong: When the Win 10 login page opens, my picture is there, but below it it says (approximately) "wrong password". In the lower left corner of the login screen two small boxes appear, one with just my name and a second one containing "myname at outlook.com" (my Microsoft account)....