Windows 10: One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file...

Discus and support One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I back up my photos, documents and Mozilla profiles a few times a year. Mainly when I download photos from my camera or phone. The last few times I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Mabel_666, Mar 29, 2019.

1. Mabel_666 Win User

One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file...

I back up my photos, documents and Mozilla profiles a few times a year. Mainly when I download photos from my camera or phone. The last few times I tried I resorted to copy and paste to a portable USB device via File Explorer. I tried this today and discovered that the attached devices/s did not show up as a drive, on ly the D DVD drive shows up. I checked in device manager and both were shown. When I plug in the device to my PC I hear a ping so somewhere it's detecting it.

Last year I looked at various backup programmes but found them all very complicated. I gave up. I just want to do one off backups and select the folders I wish to backup and then select the destination USB device. Simple. I used to be able to do it in Win7 but now I can't get it to work. I would like a simple programme without any complicated scheduling. Can anyone suggest one as I give up on Win7 backup.

:)

Mabel_666, Mar 29, 2019
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Mar 29, 2019
  4. One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file...

Sony Launches New SD Memory Cards with Backup Capabilities

Sony's newest SD memory cards can do more than just temporarily store and transfer content from digital cameras. The new Backup SD Card adds automatic back-up capabilities, eliminating the need for plugging in external drives each time users want to safeguard their data.

The new cards - available in 16-, 32- and 64 GB capacities - are the first to offer a dedicated real-time backup feature, so consumers can use removable memory as more than just "bridge media."

One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file... Sony_Backup_SDHC_01_thm.jpg

"Everyone wants their personal content and memories safely preserved and archived, but people usually put off data back-up because it involves extra steps like plugging in other devices and organizing the files into different folders," said Viviano Cantu, director of consumer media marketing for Sony Electronics. "Those extra steps are gone. As soon as you put the card into your PC to view your files, the backup process begins and it's done so you don't have to worry about it."

The first step is to insert the Backup SD Card into the empty SD card slot on a PC. Consumers then install the software that's pre-loaded on the card and select the folders they want to have automatically backed-up.

By keeping the card in the slot, backup copies of important business documents or family photos are automatically made. Backup copies are always updated, as the card's utility software automatically makes backup copies every time it detects changes - such as the creation of new files or changes to existing data. The software automatically starts making back-up copies, with marks showing "During backup" or "Backup completed" displayed on the file icons to let users easily see the status of the backup.

Since the card remains in the slot, users don't have to connect external HDDs each time they want to make backups. Users can choose to keep their data more secure with AES 256-bit file encryption, so copies of important files can't be opened or seen by others even if the card is removed from the slot.

Consumers can get information and download a free 30-day trial demo of the Backup SD Card utility software at http://www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_us/backupsd/index.html.

The new Backup SD Card will be available this month at the following prices:
    • SNBA16 (16 GB) - $27.99
    • SNBA32 (32 GB) - $52.99
    • SNBA64 (64 GB) - $99.99

Cristian_25H, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file...

1. One off backups - how do I do this if my copy to device does not show up in file... - Similar Threads - off backups copy

2. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn off and delete a backup?: I want to turn of this backup permanantly and remove this notification. How can i remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-and-delete-a-backup/d318062c-ddbe-4a36-a0cf-5d096e0dad8a
  3. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I turn off and delete a backup?: I want to turn of this backup permanantly and remove this notification. How can i remove it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-turn-off-and-delete-a-backup/d318062c-ddbe-4a36-a0cf-5d096e0dad8a
  4. How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?: If I go through the OD app and turn on "Backup" It says it's on. When I go to my account online and click on One Drive-Manage-Device Backup there is nothing there. Where do I find it the backup or how do I force OD to create a backup? I've Unlinked a relinked OD account,...
  5. How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix One Drive device backup not working?: If I go through the OD app and turn on "Backup" It says it's on. When I go to my account online and click on One Drive-Manage-Device Backup there is nothing there. Where do I find it the backup or how do I force OD to create a backup? I've Unlinked a relinked OD account,...
  6. CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER ON ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER ON ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?: CAN I BACKUP MY COMPUTER TO ONE DRIVE,AND IF SO HOW DO I DO IT?THANK YOU. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-backup-my-computer-on-one-driveand-if-so-how/e187a458-484b-49d7-aa89-997b648bfac2
  7. my pc laptop with windows 10 does not show up as one of my devices. How do I add a device?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    my pc laptop with windows 10 does not show up as one of my devices. How do I add a device?: I do not see one of my laptops listed on my devices list. Microsoft says: Signing in after setup Go to Settings Select Accounts > Your Info Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead OK. I go to Settings>Accounts> There is no "Your Info", but there is...
  8. How do I turn off and delete a backup?

How do I turn off and delete a backup?: I am constantly getting notifications that my backup has not completed. I cancelled the backup from Windows because I am using the backup software with my NAS. How do I turn off and delete the backup so I am not constantly notified that there is a problem? [ATTACH]...
  9. How do I backup files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I backup files?: I just got a MS Surface, How do I backup files? I was trying to download icloud but having trouble so does MS Surface have a file backup program & how does it work? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-backup-files/e51d527b-2700-4d26-8275-ede3fd0af5fc"
  10. How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?

How do I backup my laptop to One Drive?: How do I backup my laptop to One Drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/how-do-i-backup-my-laptop-to-one-drive/9b787ed1-2cc4-4a36-8032-3543009a3b30