Windows 10: "One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show

Discus and support "One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am trying to setup a Windows 10 (1809 x64) VM in Virtualbox 6.0.2 on a Linux host. Everything seems to be working fine for a little while, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Androprise, Jan 20, 2019.

1. "One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show

I am trying to setup a Windows 10 (1809 x64) VM in Virtualbox 6.0.2 on a Linux host. Everything seems to be working fine for a little while, then several strange things start happening. Most notably I am not able to run anything as administrator. When a UAC prompt should show the screen gets dark as normal, then instead of showing the UAC prompt I get an error dialog like the one below. This occurs when trying to run anything (not just the 7-Zip installer) as admin. When this starts happening I am no longer able to open the settings app (it opens the splash screen but immediately closes). Search also stops working in Cortona/Start.

"One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show e03309d1-2fa7-435a-b385-92fc07acb721?upload=true.png

I have setup the VM multiple times (deleted the VM and installed windows from scratch) with no success. The only thing I have installed is VrtualBox Guest Additions.

I don't know if it is related but I see some events like the one below (with varying CSLIDs)

"One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show 181a5a01-793a-48b2-9089-45a3b0a5614b?upload=true.png

:)

Androprise, Jan 20, 2019
  2. ryanly Win User

GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Current /? (-?) or / help (-help) parameter is invalid

ryanly, Jan 20, 2019
  3. Problem with UAC in win 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

To disable UAC prompts, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• In the search bar, type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click on User Accounts and again click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change User account control settings.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt.
    • Drag the box from Always Notify to Never Notify and click on OK.
    • Provide password for the UAC prompt (if asked again).

Important: Turning off UAC reduces the security of your computer and may expose you to increased risk from malicious software. We do not recommend leaving UAC disabled.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 20, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

"One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show

UAC prompt really frustrating problem.

Hi Mitch,

For us to isolate what is causing the UAC issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue?
    • Can you provide us a sample screenshot of the UAC prompt?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jan 20, 2019
Thema:

"One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show

1. "One or more arguments are invalid" When UAC prompt should show - Similar Threads - more arguments are

2. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Gaming
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  3. FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    FDResPub. Error 0x80072726: Invalid argument: I am having a new problem with my internet. I can't make connection to any network. The computer can't be identified or that is what I think. After searching I guess that I have found the cause of the problem. The service Function Discovery Resource Publication isn't running....
  4. UAC Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  5. UAC Prompt

UAC Prompt: Hi,I will like to know what is the best practice User Access Control for end user in the case of their Laptop joined Domain.QNS:They still can access using local admin when their PC is joined to domain? How can i avoid there OR that is the nature of it?ThanksRaymond...
  6. UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.: I cannot change any settings nor can I install or uninstall any apps. As I try to do so the user account control dialogue box/prompt box does not show yes button.Please Help!...
  7. UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.

UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.: I cannot change any settings nor can I install or uninstall any apps. As I try to do so the user account control dialogue box/prompt box does not show yes button.Please Help!...
  8. UAC prompt not showing "YES" button.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  9. UAC Prompt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC Prompt: I am having difficulty accessing a website or PowerPoint document due to an issue with the UAC prompt. When the prompt comes up, I manually enter the username and password. *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Fakep@ssword1 The UAC prompt goes away for a split...
  10. Invalid Argument

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Invalid Argument: HI guys Ive got an issue with KODI and windows 10. Everything was A ok until a couple weeks ago when i started getting Invalid Argument VIA smb and a shared folder. Basically, everytime i try to access the shared folder i get the error from any device. So far ive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 one or more arguments are invalid fic

2. an argument is invalid windows 10

3. one or more arguments invalid

4. mediacreationtool1903 one or more arguments are invalid,
  5. virtualbox one or more arguments are not valid,
  6. vlc one or more arguments are invalid,
  7. one or more arguments are invalid,
  8. one or more arguments are invalid virtual box windows 10,
  9. windows 10 one or more arguments are invalid,
  10. cmd as administrator one or more arguments are invalid,
  11. one or more argumenrt is invalid,