Windows 10: "one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly"

Discus and support "one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello to everybody, After many attempts, the first of my Windows 10 Pro 1809 installations finally updated to 1903. Now I get "one or more devices... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanV64, Sep 15, 2019.

1. DanV64 Win User

"one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly"

Hello to everybody,

After many attempts, the first of my Windows 10 Pro 1809 installations finally updated to 1903.

Now I get "one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly" + a button to click "Install" showing the administrator shield (in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Security and Maintenance).

Expanding the Maintenance field shows: All drivers are working properly.

I checked the device manager: everything is working

I checked the reliability monitor: 37 successful driver installations, no failure.

Well, if everything is ok, what is this message for? Which is this mysterious "additional software"? Why ist Microsoft so secretive about it?

I checked this Community too. Seems as if the subject has been mentioned in 2015 with no solution at all. Somebody even said: "..., you can just hit install. There is nothing to worry about."

That's like putting the hand into a snake hole and hoping the snake will not bite.

Do you know where to find this information? Maybe I do not want to install this "additional software" when I know what it is.

It would be nice if you could help me.

Thanks in advance

Dan

:)

DanV64, Sep 15, 2019

2. HP 15-r029wm Notebook PC windows 10 keyboard not working properly

Hi,

I realize that the keyboard is not working properly. I will try to help you with this issue.

• Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?
    Suggest you to plug in an external keyboard to check if that helps.

Follow these steps to launch the On-screen keyboard:

• Press Windows key + R to get the run window.

• Type “osk” and hit enter to launch the On-screen keyboard and check if this helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Thank you.

Srimadhwa B, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Intergrated webcam not working properly

Hi Eric,

We understand the issue you are facing and will assist you.

Error: This hardware device is not connected to the computer (Code 45) will occur if hardware device is not properly connected to the computer. The only solution is reconnecting the device (web camera) to the respective port.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps provided below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “Hardware and Devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 15, 2019
  4. "one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly"

No sound as PC is connected to a bluetooth device.

Hi Samuel,

As per your description, I understand that there is no sound in your PC as it shows that it is currently connected to a Bluetooth device which you do not recognize.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

1. Have you connected your PC to Bluetooth speakers?

2. Do you recognize the device that is connected to your PC?

3. Does the Bluetooth device display under Control Panel > Devices and Printers?

For now, I suggest that you perform the steps below and check if you will be able to remove the device in question.

To remove the device from your PC, follow the steps below

• Select Start > Settings > Devices >
      Bluetooth.
    • Select the paired Bluetooth device that you want to remove > Remove device >
      Yes.

Your reply is very important to ensure that we provide the appropriate resolution. Do provide the above information so that we can proceed further.

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

"one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly"

1. "one or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly" - Similar Threads - more devices connected

2. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    your pc/device needs to be repaired: Hello, I am in great need of help, I’ve been experiencing troubles for a couple months with my gaming PC, with continuous freezes and the ethernet has trouble connecting to my internet, I have researched many ways to help that issue but I just let it play out, began getting...
  3. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    your pc/device needs to be repaired: Hello, I am in great need of help, I’ve been experiencing troubles for a couple months with my gaming PC, with continuous freezes and the ethernet has trouble connecting to my internet, I have researched many ways to help that issue but I just let it play out, began getting...
  4. your pc/device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: After getting Windows 10 installed onto a usb flash drive by a friend and plugging it into my HP laptop, I still get the error code instead of it booting to the Windows 10 installation screen. It tells me I’ll need to use recovery tools, although the recovery tool is already...
  6. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Hello, I received an error code after running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and was wondering what the issue could be. Feel free to ask an clarification questions. Thank you!RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedAn unexpected error has occurred.Error code:...
  7. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired?: I recently updated my laptop to the latest version of Windows 10, and now when I attempt to boot it I get taken to a blue screen that says the following:"RecoveryYour PC/Device needs to be repairedFile: \WINDOWS\system32\winload.exeError code: 0xc0000225You'll need to use...
  8. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired.: Hi My laptop started booting & running slow after an update. It crashed into a blue screen and returned with ”no boot device found”. So I took out the SSD and startup was normal and I decided to fresh install Windows on the HDD but while trying to boot from the usb i got:...
  9. Your Pc/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your Pc/Device needs to be repaired: Følgende kommer opp på skjermen: Recovery Your pc/Device needs to be repaired The operating system couldn`t be loaded because the kernel is missing or contains errors. File\Windows\system32\ntoskrn.exe Error code: Oxc0000221 You`ll need to use recovery tools. If you...
  10. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: Pc crashed last night. Could not even boot into safe mode or recovery. Only way to fix was to restore last image with Macrium Reflect. Anyone seen this before? [img] 56705

Users found this page by searching for:

1. One or more devices connected to your PC needs additional software to work properly

2. one ore more devices connected to your pc needs additional software to work properly

3. one or more devices connected to your pc

4. one or more devices connected to your pc need additional software to work properly,
  5. one or more devices connectedto your pc needssoftware to work properly,
  6. one or more devices connected to your pc need additional software to run