Windows 10: One Particular Program Will Not Open

Discus and support One Particular Program Will Not Open in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently attempted to install a Japanese game/visual novel on my computer, which has Windows 10. I think I was able to install it as a shortcut was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beelzesnrub, Sep 26, 2019.

1. One Particular Program Will Not Open

I recently attempted to install a Japanese game/visual novel on my computer, which has Windows 10. I think I was able to install it as a shortcut was created, as was a folder in Programs with an application file. I had my region set to Japan at the time. The version of the visual novel/game was released for Windows 98/ME/XP and I installed it in compatability mode.

However, the thing simply will not run. I click on it, run as administrator, and the little circle thing spins around, and then: nothing. No error message or anything like that. Just nothing. When I right click the section for compatibility mode is greyed out and I can't alter it, but the box is ticked and it is set to the right version.

I'd really like to hear any suggestions as to what might be going on/what I'm doing wrong. I've run malwarebytes and such and malware/viruses don't seem to be an issue. This is also the only program I seem to be having this issue with.

Thank you very much!

:)

Beelzesnrub, Sep 26, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 26, 2019
  3. Can a file extension(.flv) be added to Default Program Associations.

Hi Fred,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues associating a particular file extension with a program on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "Default Program Associations", are you referring to the list of default applications in default programs settings?

I want you to be informed that all the file extensions is listed in the default program settings which is displayed under
    Associate a file type or protocol with a program.

In default program list, all the programs or application will be listed. Then we can select each program as default program for opening a particular file.

I suggest you to refer to the below steps to make default program for a particular file extension.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Default Programs and click on Choose Default for this Programs.

4. Select .flv file from the list.

Also you can try other steps to associate the a particular extenstion with the program.

1. Type "Control Panel" without the quotes in search box and click on it.

2. Click on Programs.

3. Then click on Associate a file type or protocol with a program
    and search for .flv extension from the list.

4. Click on .flv and then click on Change Program.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2019
  4. One Particular Program Will Not Open

Error- HTTP/1.1 200 OK on Edge and other browers goes blank when try to open particular websites

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Since from when are you facing this issue?
    • What happens when you try to access the same websites in other PC?
    I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it help you.

• Open the Microsoft Edge browser. Open a website.
    • Click on '. . .' select Open with Internet Explorer
      and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue doesn't resolve, try the below steps.

• Press Start, type Internet Explorer and
      select it.
    • Press Ctrl + Shift + P, it opens Internet Explorer as
      InPrivate mode
      . Try to access the website and check if the issue still persists.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

One Particular Program Will Not Open

1. One Particular Program Will Not Open - Similar Threads - Particular Program Open

2. On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...: On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular website. The websites use to have no problems now they will not open?Is there a setting that might need to be changed?Windows 10Browsers:ChromeBingDuck Duck GoFirefoxMicrosoft Edge...
  3. On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular...: On some websites when trying to open a video, they do not open! Not one particular website. The websites use to have no problems now they will not open?Is there a setting that might need to be changed?Windows 10Browsers:ChromeBingDuck Duck GoFirefoxMicrosoft Edge...
  4. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  5. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer: I have a laptop, computer A, and a brand new Lexar 128GB flash drive. When I plug the flash drive into computer A, it doesn't work. If I try to open File Explorer specifically to This PC, to show all drives or try to open Disk Management, both freeze, and neither window will...
  6. One particular flash drive is not working on one particular computer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Particular app not opening

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Particular app not opening: Hi all, I've a problem with an application not from microsoft though... After I've downloaded the latest update of video editing app "Hitfilm Express" it doesn't open, unlike the previous version. It says this: [ATTACH] I do not know whether the error is with the app or my...
  8. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  9. A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program

in Windows 10 Support
    A problem with "Open" menu context - affects one particular program: I made a mistake of using a program to clean up my system which I suspect has caused me the problem that I describe below and now I'm faced with a rather weird situation. One particular program will not open by right clicking on it in Windows Explorer and selecting "Open" or...
  10. Windows 10 Family safety issue with one particular program. OSU!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 Family safety issue with one particular program. OSU!: There is one particular program, OSU! which repels any attempts to control it. I have set up family controls and that works for the most part. Screen time, no problem. Other programs such as Overwatch, CSGo, Steam, etc. They all allow me to limit the available app time....