Windows 10: One partition suddenly inaccessible

Discus and support One partition suddenly inaccessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; 1909 [img] diskmgmt.msc also showed it to be healthy. diskmgmt.msc's properties was the only thing that revealed that all permissions were gone!.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by thename, Apr 27, 2020.

1. thename Win User

One partition suddenly inaccessible

One partition suddenly inaccessible [​IMG]

diskmgmt.msc also showed it to be healthy.

diskmgmt.msc's properties was the only thing that revealed that all permissions were gone!.

I was able to create ("Add") permissions in the properties' Security tap. Problem solved.

I am writing to ask whether anyone ever has encountered disappearance of all permissions
    to a partition. I never had.

:)

thename, Apr 27, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Apr 27, 2020
  3. URGENT HELP NEEDED! HDD suddenly became blank!

Hey there, @Shamonto Hasan Easha!

I'd try re-plugging the hard drive and checking if the cable is damaged. I'd also suggest to try plugging the drive in another computer and see if it gets recognized properly there. Is it a IDE or SATA drive you're using?
    If the drive is unallocated, this means that the partition has been lost after the power went down.
    Check out this thread for more ideas on how to solve the issue. There are some detailed steps there that might be useful for you:
    http://superuser.com/questions/5442...n-on-ssd-suddenly-became-unallocated-disk-spa

Hope this helped.
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Apr 27, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

BSOD - Inaccessible Boot Device

The reset save files equivalent if successful should be the quickest method to get you backup and running.

The backup files then clean install is the best option as you fix many problems and start fresh.

The command prompt commands are all trial and error.

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

Code:

zbook, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

1. One partition suddenly inaccessible - Similar Threads - partition suddenly inaccessible

2. Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Inaccessible hdd after cloning and resizing partition: I recently installed a new ssd into my pc and cloned the old hdd to the new ssd. I noticed there was a little bit of allocated space on the hdd so I used minitool to resize it. I then was not able to access the drive and there is a question mark next to it. I want to have my...
  3. Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?

Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?: Got new PC w/Windows 10, Office 365, etc. Created 2 other non-admin user accts. Partitioned the C: drive, adding D:, E:, F: and G: of equal sizes. Question: How come even in Admin user acct, I cannot in cmd-window do a change-dir cd from C: to any of the other partitions?...
  4. Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?: Got new PC w/Windows 10, Office 365, etc. Created 2 other non-admin user accts. Partitioned the C: drive, adding D:, E:, F: and G: of equal sizes. Question: How come even in Admin user acct, I cannot in cmd-window do a change-dir cd from C: to any of the other partitions?...
  5. Created Partitions Inaccessible to User Accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Inaccessible partition after the 1909 update: Hi, All, I updated from 1809 to 1909 one hour ago and upon restart, the boot screen said to click any key to skip a disk check, I skipped it. Then the Windows loaded, I noticed some missing icons on the desktop but didn't mind them. I opened Windows Explorer and saw that the...
  7. Suddenly found one of my partition formatted

Suddenly found one of my partition formatted: hello everyone I was waking up my laptop from sleeping, I found it Shutting down then I started the windows normally then I found one of my partition is disappeared in disk management, it appears as free space this isn't the first time, it happened with me before 2 months...
  8. Possible to make a partition inaccessible to OS?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Possible to make a partition inaccessible to OS?: Hello, Ok I have a clone of my OS on my original hard drive that I want to keep for warranty reasons since I installed an SSD, the only problem is when I have my original drive hooked up it causes all kinds of little problems because my PC receives commands from both OS's. So...
  9. One host inaccessible

One host inaccessible: Some advice, please, on this network problem: There are 3 Win 10 hosts on my home network: BOUDICCA, GILGAMESH and HIPPOLYTA. File Explorer/Network shows all three hosts from any other. All three hosts can ping one another, by name and by IP address. On HIPPOLYTA,...
  10. Explorer suddenly not showing free space for one partition.

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer suddenly not showing free space for one partition.: This has suddenly happened, explorer is missing the 'space' information from the display. The build up to this was simply creating a Windows disk image using W10's own utility. Mysteriously the space bar on the problem partition showed some usage, about 1.7Gb but nothing...