Windows 10: One PC not visible to others on same network.

Discus and support One PC not visible to others on same network. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three PC's on my LAN homegroup, two laptops and one desktop that functions as a media server. The Desktop is also the one that created the home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by VegasChris, Aug 18, 2016.

1. One PC not visible to others on same network.

I have three PC's on my LAN homegroup, two laptops and one desktop that functions as a media server. The Desktop is also the one that created the home group. the laptops can join the homegroup and media streaming works between my Smart TV and the desktop, but neither laptop can see the desktop on the network or access shared folders.

I ran the Network Troubleshooter and proceeded through the wizard and received the message attached to this post. Something on my PC is performing Network Address Translation. Also, NAT is enabled on my router, and I want it to stay enabled. Unfortunately, nothing in the troubleshooter tells me where the other device is that's performing NAT on the PC nor how to disable it..

Any help would be appreciated.

Other things of note, All three PC's use a the ExpressVPN client with killswitch disabled. All three use Comodo firewall which is setup to function as the VPN disconnect killswitch. all three PC's use AVG antivirus. The problem persists even when the firewall, VPN client and antivirus software is disabled. Also worth noting, File sharing and network discovery are enabled on all PC's.

:)

VegasChris, Aug 18, 2016

2. My network is not showing to others on the same NETWORK

Hi,

There are several reasons why this issue occurred. We suggest checking this
    article
    and see if
    it helps.

Update us with the status. We will be glad to see you.

Justine Pel, Aug 18, 2016
  3. My network is not showing to others on the same NETWORK

My network is not showing to others on the same NETWORK , i think because i use PPPoE bradband connection for desktop and others are using Wifi connection . BUT all using the same Router same internet same Network .

how to let my desktop pc show to others ? i tried turning on all network features.

Y.Y şέčuяiTy, Aug 18, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

One PC not visible to others on same network.

Double Nat(ting) can be an issue , usually happens when you hook one Router to Another......

Do you have a BB (Broadband) Modem/Router too ? as well as your Own Router , if yes see if the BB Router allows you to Bridge Port 1 and use that for your Router.

Also check that Netbios Over TCPIP is Enabled on all computers , Win10 disables it on some systems , and you end up with some computers seeing but not seen etc on the Lan. ( its on the Advanced Tab of the IPV4 and IPV6 Protocol , on the Wins Tab.)

One PC not visible to others on same network. [​IMG]

Kbird, Aug 19, 2016
  5. It seems the problem originated in Comodo.  IPv6 Filtering was enabled. I remember setting that up specifically to avoid bit torrent clients from allowing IPv6 connections if the VPN went down, however after doing some testing, this doesn't appear to be happening with now even with IPv6 filtering disabled.

VegasChris, Aug 20, 2016
  6. premsoni Win User
    Try this...

A small registry hack is all it takes to get around the issue by creating a policy manually that overrides the default setting. Do this on the server that has the shares you want to access remotely:

• Click the Windows Start icon and search for “regedit”. Right-click and select “run as administrator”.
    • Expand the tree to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft\ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ policies \ system.
    • Create a new key (Right click -> New -> choose “DWORD Value (32bit)”).
    • Name the key “LocalAccountTokenFilterPolicy” and give it the value of “1”. Click OK.
      One PC not visible to others on same network. [​IMG]
    • Reboot the server to enable the setting to take effect.
    • Now when you try to access the administrative shares on the remote computer, it should magically work.
    Reply if this works for you!

premsoni, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

One PC not visible to others on same network.

1. One PC not visible to others on same network. - Similar Threads - visible others same

2. Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.: Hi,I have 2 network devices PLCs connected to a server running on windows server 2012 R. The ip address of my server is 192.168.0.100 whereas as the ip addresses of the 2 different devices connected to it are 192.168.0.251 & 252 respectively with gateway as 192.168.0.1. The...
  3. Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.: Hi,I have 2 network devices PLCs connected to a server running on windows server 2012 R. The ip address of my server is 192.168.0.100 whereas as the ip addresses of the 2 different devices connected to it are 192.168.0.251 & 252 respectively with gateway as 192.168.0.1. The...
  4. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  5. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.: Our office uses a Konica Minolta Bizhub printer they've been no help that is wired directly to our network. My computer is able to print and save documents to the User Boxes within the printer, but nobody else connected to our network can. Sometimes the printer won't even add...
  6. Printer suddenly not visible to others on network.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Home WiFi network not visible but other networks are!!!: Hi all, I'm having problems with my laptop not recognising my home wifi network often. When I turn on the laptop it shows that I'm not connected to any network but it still shows multiple other networks around my area, even though the laptop is only 2 metres away from the...
  8. One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network: I have three computers in the same workgroup, my main computer (Desktop), a barebones system (Server), and a laptop (Laptop). Desktop and Server are both are connected by ethernet to the same router, with Laptop connecting to it via WiFi. Server and Laptop both see each...
  9. One PC Can't find others on the same network

One PC Can't find others on the same network: I have 3 PC's and a laptop on a homegroup/network All computers were able to see and access files and external hard drives - until a power failure. Now, one computer displays the other 3 computers / by name under "network" However, when I click on any of the icons...
  10. Other PC not visible in my Network Places

Other PC not visible in my Network Places: Please help regarding, how to make visible other pc connected with same network. thanks 42207

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 1909 networking icons not showig up on network places

2. one pc not visible in network