Windows 10: One PC on W10 home network will not show

Discus and support One PC on W10 home network will not show in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All three PCs have the same network sharing settings. Two are W10 Pro, one W10 Home. Have tried resetting network on all etc etc. Can see if addressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JeremyP99, Jul 26, 2019.

1. JeremyP99 Win User

One PC on W10 home network will not show

All three PCs have the same network sharing settings. Two are W10 Pro, one W10 Home. Have tried resetting network on all etc etc. Can see if addressed directly, e.g. //PC3/whatever - but the PC never shows up under Network in File Explorer. Why?!

:)

JeremyP99, Jul 26, 2019

2. Laptop won't show list of available networks

We suggest checking the list of available Wi-Fi networks on your laptop.

Please follow these steps:

• Click the Windows logo.
    • Go to Settings (gear icon).
    • Select Network and Internet.
    • Then Wi-Fi.
    • Make sure the Wi-Fi radio button is On.
    • Select Show available networks, then you'll be able to see the list of available Wi-Fi networks.

Update us with the outcome so we provide further assistance.

Robert Caw, Jul 26, 2019
  3. HarryY1 Win User
    Network list does not show up Iphone7

My router shows the device as being connected to my home network. But my network list (on my PC w10) does not show it.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

HarryY1, Jul 26, 2019
  4. Frn747 Win User

Network drive not showing in elevated apps

Hi everybody,

I am using W10 Home and I have just done a clean install and I am in the process of customizing the system to my needs.

The problem I step into is this:
    I connected a new network drive from within Windows Explorer and if I open:
    - Command prompt window: Drive exist and it is listed by NET USE
    - Admin command prompt window: Drive DOESN'T exist and it is NOT listed by NET USE

I also use FreeCommander. When I launch it the UAC asks for my confirmation and the network drive doesn't show either.

I know it sounds stupid but I can't figure out what happens... *Confused

Thanks!

Frn747, Jul 26, 2019
Thema:

1. One PC on W10 home network will not show - Similar Threads - W10 home network

2. Network will not show one PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network will not show one PC: Network error Windows 10 Version 2004 One PC can not be seen on the network. Net View shows “The network location can not be reached.” SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support has been added to Windows 10 Anti-Virus program suspended to rule it out. Now Net View...
  3. Network connectivity between PC's running W10 pro and home

Network connectivity between PC's running W10 pro and home: I have 3 PC's, all running the same version of windows 10 1909 except 2 are 'Pro' 1 is 'Home' The problem is that although both Pro versions can access shared folders on any of the 3 machines, the one running 'home' cannot access shared folders on the other 2. When clicking...
  4. 2 W10 PCs on home network

2 W10 PCs on home network: Hello all....can't connect over my home network after updating 1 PCs OS from 7 to 10 10 ProN 18363.476 Network... Everything worked prior to updating the OS on PC 1 Cable modem to netgear 7900 7900 to PC 1 7900 to netgear Proline to PC 2 Same workgroup both PCs are on a...
  5. Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network

Access files on W10 pc from a windows 7 pc on the home network: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc? ***Original Title: I have a Windows 10 PC, How do I allow a windows 7 pc on a home network access files on my W10 pc?***...
  6. W10 Home Network - File Sharing?

W10 Home Network - File Sharing?: after HomeGroup was removed in April 2018, I can't figure out how to share my files/folders over a network. I went into the [properties] of each of my drives > [Sharing] > [Advanced Sharing] > set [permissions] > [Apply] then what do i do? right-click file/folder, select...
  7. One PC is not showing in the network window

One PC is not showing in the network window: I have 4 PCs on my network. 3 of them show but one doesn't. I can reach that PC from any of the others by using \\pcname in the run window but it just stubbornly doesn't join the other 3 listed in the NETWORK window. All the PCs have the same version of Win 10. All are...
  8. W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network

W7 and W10 networking/sharing on home network: Unfortunately my laptop had to be rolled back to W7 due to driver issues after the version 1803 update. Now I cannot get my home networking sharing working. I can see both computers but get "you do not have permission to access>>>>" warning on both pc when trying to access...
  9. Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home

Suggestions on network sharing issue - W10 Enterprise and W10 Home: I had network sharing working between these systems until a recent update was pushed to W10 Enterprise. Ever since I no longer have access from W10 Enterprise to W10 Home. All other network sharing still works include between W10 Home systems and from Roku/Android to W10...
  10. W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer

W10-pro shows W7-home but NOT W10-home in Explorer: My W10-pro desktop does not show the W10-home on the multiboot laptop in Explorer whatever setting I use but it showed W7-home on that laptop as soon as I switched to it. I can Ping the laptop both in W7-home and W10-home. W10-home on the laptop however showes all shared...