Windows 10: One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

Discus and support One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have three computers in the same workgroup, my main computer (Desktop), a barebones system (Server), and a laptop (Laptop). Desktop and Server are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by spacedyemeerkat, Mar 1, 2019.

1. One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

I have three computers in the same workgroup, my main computer (Desktop), a barebones system (Server), and a laptop (Laptop).

Desktop and Server are both are connected by ethernet to the same router, with Laptop connecting to it via WiFi.

Server and Laptop both see each other without issue and can share files. Neither Server nor Laptop can see Desktop. It's the same the other way around, too: Desktop can't see Laptop or Server.

I've noticed in the network and sharing centre that Desktop is connected to 'Network 2' whereas Server and Laptop are listing the router's name as the active network (BTHub6-PGQP-5). It seems odd that the PCs would have different active networks listed, and I wonder if this is the source of my trouble?

One final note, I've tried pinging all the machines and the pings return fine for all PCs so they must be able to technically see each other if that makes sense.

:)

spacedyemeerkat, Mar 1, 2019
  2. wortex Win User

My PC is not listed in Network

Hi Eagle51 & thanks for quick response

I am very grateful for your help

1 was not enabled. I enabled it and restarted the HT-PC, but now the HT-PC is not visible in Network list on any computer.

...then i run 2 and both was true.

Next step?

wortex, Mar 1, 2019
  3. LB Waugh Win User
    W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible)

Reader's Digest version: Both of us are on the same network through an Asus RT-AC56R router. Both are running Windows 10, fully patched, checked w/ Belarc. My network is visible to her system and public files accessible. Hers, and the usb printer on her PC are NOT visible at all to my side of the network. It's as though her system isn't on the network.

Every setting in network sharing matches. I've checked several times to be certain both PCs have the exact same Advanced Network Sharing settings.

I am also running Linux Mint 64-bit as a dual boot. Needless to say, networking using Linux is PERFECT. Any suggestions?

Thank you One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network :)

LB Waugh, Mar 1, 2019
  4. e1e1u1 Win User

One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

my network pc no longer visible

my network pc no longer visible

e1e1u1, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network

1. One PC's files not visible to other PCs on same network - Similar Threads - PC's files visible

2. Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.: Hi,I have 2 network devices PLCs connected to a server running on windows server 2012 R. The ip address of my server is 192.168.0.100 whereas as the ip addresses of the 2 different devices connected to it are 192.168.0.251 & 252 respectively with gateway as 192.168.0.1. The...
  3. Other PCs on my Network???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Other PCs on my Network???: Hi guys, I've looked at my Network (This PC>Network) and have seen two other PC/Desktops that I don't recognise. What could this be and how can I find out? All help is appreciated! Thanks. submitted by /u/yeebaa [link] [comments]...
  4. PCs and other devices visible on Verizon router network, but do not appear on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    PCs and other devices visible on Verizon router network, but do not appear on File Explorer: I need to be able to transfer files easily between two Windows 10 computers. All the computers and other devices show up on the same mixed Wifi and Ethernet network on my Verizon G1100 router, and have IP addresses assigned, but when I look in File Explorer on either PC I...
  5. USB Device visible on other PCs but not this one. Other USB devices work fine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device visible on other PCs but not this one. Other USB devices work fine.: A USB device (Garmin Oregon 750t) does not show when plugged in to the laptop. I have had it connected many times to this laptop without trouble. The device works fine when connected to other PCs. The USB ports work fine for other USB devices (external hard drive). Please...
  6. PCs missing on one PC, there on others

PCs missing on one PC, there on others: Hi For some time now I've known about a problem with our home network in that various PCs cannot see other PCs whilst others can. We have a three PC network. Two working PCs and spare generally used once per week. However, now my husband has a problem he needs to use the...
  7. One PC Can't find others on the same network

One PC Can't find others on the same network: I have 3 PC's and a laptop on a homegroup/network All computers were able to see and access files and external hard drives - until a power failure. Now, one computer displays the other 3 computers / by name under "network" However, when I click on any of the icons...
  8. W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible)

W10 network works one way only (both PCs not visible): Reader's Digest version: Both of us are on the same network through an Asus RT-AC56R router. Both are running Windows 10, fully patched, checked w/ Belarc. My network is visible to her system and public files accessible. Hers, and the usb printer on her PC are NOT visible at...
  9. Other PC not visible in my Network Places

Other PC not visible in my Network Places: Please help regarding, how to make visible other pc connected with same network. thanks 42207
  10. One PC not visible to others on same network.

One PC not visible to others on same network.: I have three PC's on my LAN homegroup, two laptops and one desktop that functions as a media server. The Desktop is also the one that created the home group. the laptops can join the homegroup and media streaming works between my Smart TV and the desktop, but neither laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pc not visiable to other pc in network network id button greyed out

2. pc visible on one network but not the other