Windows 10: One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy

Discus and support One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have configured a policy on a user OU for blocking certain application say 'firefox'. Tested it, it was working fine. Then requirement came for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Aslam_Khan, Oct 23, 2018.

1. One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy

I have configured a policy on a user OU for blocking certain application say 'firefox'. Tested it, it was working fine. Then requirement came for blocking another application say 'chrome'. I created another similar policy to block 'chrome' and applied on the same OU. But when I see resultant set of policy, earlier blocked application was removed and only 'chrome' was present in the list of blocked applications. I was also able to run 'firefox' while I had blocked it using previous policy.

Kindly help me with the correct configuration of the policy. I am using 'Don't run specified Windows applications' settings. Does configuring multiple policies with same type of settings create problems?

:)

Aslam_Khan, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

You can change Group Policies by opening Group Policy Editor first. You can open it by following these steps:

• Log in an administrator account. If you are already logged in as an administrator, proceed to step 2.
    • Press Windows + R to open Run.
    • Type gpedit.msc and press Enter.

After opening Group Policy Editor, you can now make the necessary changes that you want.

Should you have more concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Oct 23, 2018
  3. GROUP POLICIES IN WINDOWS 10

Just what i needed thank you.

johnapplegateVV, Oct 23, 2018
  4. One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy

Accessing Password Policy in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you would like to set Password policy. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to know what happened when you try to change the policy. Did you get any error message?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

You must log in as administrator to access these settings.

• Press Windows key + R and type secpol.msc
      and press enter.

• The Local Security Policy window will open. Now from the left pane, choose
      Password Policy from under Account Policies.

• On the right side, choose Maximum password age.

• If you wish the password to never Expire, set the value to
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy

1. One Policy Overriding the other same type of policy - Similar Threads - Policy Overriding same

2. group policy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  3. group policy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    group policy: Not run edit group policy.msc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/group-policy/ebcb26df-8243-4a75-ba90-bf27ce8c3b90
  4. execution policy

execution policy: on my computer I checked the execution policy. these are the results I got:-MachinePolicy Restricted - UserPolicy Undefined - Process Undefined - CurrentUser Undefined - LocalMachine Unrestrictedis it ok that the localmachine is set to unrestricted. Note: I changed the group...
  5. Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version: Good afternoon,I am comparing the effective state of my PC against the Windows 11 22H2 baseline and I noticed a line called Windows Firewall Policy Version. The baseline suggests value 538, while the actual value is 542. Does that mean my policy version is newer and that's ok...
  6. Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version

Policy Analyzer - Windows Firewall Policy Version: Good afternoon,I am comparing the effective state of my PC against the Windows 11 22H2 baseline and I noticed a line called Windows Firewall Policy Version. The baseline suggests value 538, while the actual value is 542. Does that mean my policy version is newer and that's ok...
  7. Do policies set in gpedit (Win Pro) override Regedit entries?

in Windows 10 Support
    Do policies set in gpedit (Win Pro) override Regedit entries?: Win 10 1909 Pro (18363.778) Long story short, but I'm one of the many affected by the May 2020 HP desktop KMODE BSOD and bootloop. This is apparently caused by Defender clashing with HP software, and the temporary fix is to disable Defender entirely through adding the keys...
  8. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Customization
    Group Policy: Hello, I am trying to update/alter a group policy for my work network (20,000 endpoints) remotely through a distribution platform (BigFix). When I have tried to change GP through the registry it gets overwritten. What would be the easiest way to change GP on all endpoints...
  9. Enroll certificates via InTune > Group Policy overrides MDM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enroll certificates via InTune > Group Policy overrides MDM: Hello, We want to deploy User Certificates via Intune. Our certification authority is active, the template is ready for issuing and a profile configuration is created. But the enrolment failed. The error in Intune is "Group Policy overrides MDM". The computer is not...
  10. Group Policy

in Windows 10 Support
    Group Policy: Hello. I have just had a virus that disabled My Firewall through Group edit. Problem is, I don't have group edit. With the store being broken, its bad. Any suggestions. 43965