Windows 10: One Polish character has stopped working Ł

Discus and support One Polish character has stopped working Ł in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I was just wondering if anyone who uses the Polish typewriter within Windows has come up against this problem and has a solution. To make the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidoBaird, Apr 30, 2020.

1. One Polish character has stopped working Ł

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone who uses the Polish typewriter within Windows has come up against this problem and has a solution.

To make the character Ł you would normally just hold down Alt-gr + L. But within the last month or so it has stopped working. All the other characters made using Alt-gr still work, so it's odd to lose just one.

I also got a new PC, and typing within that has the same error. Now I did sign in to it using the same account as the other PC so it was set up automatically with all the language options of the previous. So it seems to me that it must be something within Windows itself that has changed, perhaps after an update, rather than it being conflict with another programme or app as I don't have the same apps on both. I have had trouble when alt-gr and a letter were assigned to a function in another app. Alt-gr + n would open a new note in Evernote if that was running. But nothing happens at all with alt-gr + L anymore.

:)

DavidoBaird, Apr 30, 2020
  2. greytezza Win User

Polish characters

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet and I've changed to the Polish keyboard and used Alt Gr to get all the special characters and they all work fine except ziet - the z with a dot over it. Alt Gr + z gives a strange pop-up window. Any ideas?

greytezza, Apr 30, 2020
  3. moskitos Win User
    N95 - problem with coding chartes - UTF-7 and UTF-8 and Polish national characters

I'm using Nokia N95 SMS Text with Polish T9 dictionary. There is problem with coding charters.

In Sending options is: character encoding with options "full support" (UTF-8) and "Reduced support" (UTF-7). With Polish characters (ą, ć, ź, ż, ł, ó, ę, ś, ń ...) DOESN'T WORK REDUCED SUPPORT! With Reduced support ON phone is still coding in UTF-8 and i have
    only 70 characters. Of course without using national characters I have 160.

Device software V 11.0.026

I was using N73 and there this option was working good.

Where i should write with this problem? Who can help me? Nokia Poland is ignoring this bug!
    Message Edited by on 17-Jun-200711:40 PM

moskitos, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Paul PP72 Win User

One Polish character has stopped working Ł

On-screen keyboard closes when typing Polish characters

Hello.

I suffer with a problem previously described and not yet solved (please see On-screen keyboard closes automatically when pressing special characters (AltGR+...)),
    so I am raising it again.

When I am using Polish keyboard (Polish Programmer's layout), then the on-screen keyboard closes itself automatically after typing each Polish national character (AltGr + a, c, e, l, n, o, s, z, x) as well as after typing the € sign (AltGr + u).

It makes it very difficult and annoying to use the on-screen keyboard with Polish Programmer's layout.

As I am an experienced software developer, I think that the fix need just a few lines of code and therefore it's a shame that it is not yet done as a system update. I think that the issue affects many users of national keyboard layouts, especially Polish
    users as the Programmer's layout is the most commonly used in our country.

Regards,

Paul

Paul PP72, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

One Polish character has stopped working Ł

1. One Polish character has stopped working Ł - Similar Threads - Polish character has

2. Polish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Polish keyboard: Hello,I am trying to locate a Polish keyboard, hoping that ordering one from Poland will not be my only choice $$$.Thanks, Randy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/polish-keyboard/b5b23a26-f365-4be9-8de6-f3be2690be40
  3. Polish keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Polish keyboard: Hello,I am trying to locate a Polish keyboard, hoping that ordering one from Poland will not be my only choice $$$.Thanks, Randy https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/polish-keyboard/b5b23a26-f365-4be9-8de6-f3be2690be40
  4. Keyboard alphanumeric characters stop working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard alphanumeric characters stop working randomly: I have had this problem for some time already. Randomly, the pc stops anwering to alphanumeric characters; however, special keys enter, esc, shift, etc still work. I can't type anything on any search bar Windows or we browser or text editors I have only tried notepad, but I...
  5. One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø")

in Windows 10 Support
    One character not working in one keyboard language (Norwegian "ø"): I had a Windows 10 installation where there were 2 additional keyboard languages that I wanted to get rid of, but these were not showing up in the language settings in Windows 10. I wanted to fix the issue to not have accidental switches between the languages (I am normally...
  6. _______ has stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    _______ has stopped working.: So for the past few weeks, I have seemed to lose more and more functionality of my computer. I use a full-sized desktop, and recently more and more, I would open an application and all except a small minority would close after a few seconds of being open if that. I've...
  7. Polish diacritical characters not working in Windows PowerShell

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Polish diacritical characters not working in Windows PowerShell: Hello, Recently my business computer has been updated to Windows 10 1903. I've noticed that I can't type polish diacritical characters typed with AltGr + a, e, s, l, z, x, c or n. The only one that do work is AltGr + o. Usual tricks like using Ctrl + Alt or ~ do nothing....
  8. Polish characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Polish characters: I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet and I've changed to the Polish keyboard and used Alt Gr to get all the special characters and they all work fine except ziet - the z with a dot over it. Alt Gr + z gives a strange pop-up window. Any ideas?...
  9. Microsoft all-in-one media keyboard has stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microsoft all-in-one media keyboard has stopped working: I received a brand-new all-in-one media keyboard as a gift and the first time I used it it worked great. But after that, it has not worked at all. At first I thought it was the batteries, because the first time I used it I left the USB controller plugged in to my PC, but I...
  10. Windows Mail has stopped working for one user on PC (wife)

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Mail has stopped working for one user on PC (wife): Live tile no longer shows the word "mail" and does not seem to respond when clicked. Problem just started yesterday after app worked fine for several months. Event log seems to show the following info: Log Name: Application Source: Application Error Date: 10/2/2015...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. polish keyboard ł problem