Windows 10: one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address

Discus and support one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; been at this for a couple hours and it is driving me nuts. using cmd, i can ping google, and it pings just fine... any site for thta matter, but there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by prey, Jul 2, 2020.

1. prey Win User

one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address

been at this for a couple hours and it is driving me nuts. using cmd, i can ping google, and it pings just fine... any site for thta matter, but there is one program that when i try to ping it, it comes up with nothing, if i try pinging it again by its ip address, i get packets back... i have tried other computers (win10, and win 7) and i am able to ping using the domain name just fine! i have checked my HOST file for any entries, and there are none. i have rebooted router, rebooted the pc with the issue, ipconfig /flushdns, rebooted again... nothing! what gives? i am unable to login to this software with this issue.. i am unable to use the IP to log in either, it quickly reverts to the domain name, and then of course fails... i do not know what else to check? i have checked my firewall... but see no obvious issues there. again, i can ping any domain name by name and get packets back on this... it is just one certain domain, and only on this pc. within my router i have access profiles, all MY pcs are in the same profile, i am able to ping the domain name just fine via the ROUTER as well. just this one windows10pc (pc is up to date with updates)
    any ideas?
    thanks!
    p

:)

prey, Jul 2, 2020
  2. sammy Win User

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Jul 2, 2020
  3. Unable to ping IP address from a specific LAN port

Hi All,

I am observing a issue in which I am unable to ping a IP address is my wireless connection is enable.

Setup:

in my LAN port "Local Area Connection" I have configured manual IP address: 10.146.0.59. subnet mask : 255.255.255.128. Gateway IP: 10.146.0.1

I have also connedcted my Laptop with wifi having IP address: 192.168.43.135. subnet mask : 255.255.255.0.

Now when I am trying to ping IP address : 10.211.119.2, request timeout is observed. But if I disable my wifi I am able to ping the IP address.

Kindly Help.

AMIT KUMARDas1, Jul 2, 2020
  4. one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address

I am unable to ping most ip addresses

Hi. I am trying to ping an ipv4 address, but I am only able to ping websites, and generic ipv4s like 8.8.8.8, 127.0.0.1 and 10.0.0.1. I cannot ping ipv6s directly, either.

I am using Windows 8.1

JeffreyShroades, Jul 2, 2020
Thema:

one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address

1. one site i am unable to ping by domain name, but can by its IP address - Similar Threads - site unable ping

2. My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer keeps pinging an unknown IP address: So we used Wireshark in class and found out that my computer has been pinging 168.95.245.1 every second in a ICMP protocol. I did a quick look up, and it returned Hinet which is based in Taiwan, I have been searching the internet about Hinet, but I am not receiving any...
  3. How to change IP Address of Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    How to change IP Address of Domain Controller: [ATTACH]As an IT administrator, you may be faced with the challenge of how to change the IP address of a Domain Controller on your network. The DC is a mission-critical IT infrastructure, you may be looking for best practices on how you can accomplish this task — this post...
  4. Sites Don't recognize my IP Address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sites Don't recognize my IP Address: Often when I try to log in to my websites, I get a reply that the site does not recognize my computer or my IP address. This happaned despite the fact than I logged in to the same sites from the same desktop PC only 2-3 days before. I am than asked to verify my identity in...
  5. Sites Don't recognize my IP Address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sites Don't recognize my IP Address: Often when I try to log in to my websites, I get a reply that the site does not recognize my computer or my IP address. This happaned despite the fact than I logged in to the same sites from the same desktop PC only 2-3 days before. I am than asked to verify my identity in...
  6. Sites Don't recognize my IP Address

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't ping default gateway IP address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't ping default gateway IP address: The client can’t access the internet. For troubleshooting, we ask her to ping default gateway, for example, ping 192.168.1.254. She gets general failure. What we have done:1. run netsh to enable autoconfig,Restart the computer.2. Run netsh to delete arp, for exampleRestart...
  8. SCCM and MDT Deployment - IP Address vs Domain Name

SCCM and MDT Deployment - IP Address vs Domain Name: Hello,I have found several answers to why the domain name is not working and that I need to use IP address, When i load my image - it says IP: 192.168.1.2 \boot\x64\images... which is all correct.Then When Microsoft Deployment Toolkit screen displays I get error:A...
  9. Unable to ping or see external IP addresses

Unable to ping or see external IP addresses: On a Windows 10 computer, I have good network connectivity and can access websites with no problem, but the "connect" window in Jamulus that's supposed to display all connected servers was empty. Comparing with others on the network, we discovered one apparent...
  10. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...