Windows 10: One site (Pinterest) no longer loads in Edge but it will load in IE11.

Discus and support One site (Pinterest) no longer loads in Edge but it will load in IE11. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; OS: Windows 10 Pro v.1607 Suddenly Pinterest.com fails to load in Edge; a few pins appear but then the page freezes. This same Pinterest account works... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jhcarver, Dec 29, 2016.

1. jhcarver Win User

One site (Pinterest) no longer loads in Edge but it will load in IE11.

Suddenly Pinterest.com fails to load in Edge; a few pins appear but then the page freezes. This same Pinterest account works fine in IE on this same computer and also loads fine in Edge on other computers. Here is what I've tried without success:

1. Clear browser cache and cookies
    2. Delete all files in Edge recovery folder
    3. Sign in with another Pinterest user account
    4. Sign in with local account instead of Microsoft Account
    5. Removed saved password for Pinterest
    6. Reboot computer

Edge performs perfectly with all other sites. This issue is apparently limited to this one site in this one browser on this one computer. Pinterest support suggested we use IE *really Of course, but I like to figure out what causes these things to happen. It may be irrelevant but this issue was first observed following a batch of Windows updates on 12/13/16. The only one that looked like a remote possibility was KB3206632, but that was a significant cumulative update that I really do not want to uninstall. Furthermore, that same update was applied to another computer which does not exhibit this issue. I'm out of ideas. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,
    John

:)

jhcarver, Dec 29, 2016

2. Site no longer loads on home wifi network, but loads on others

Hi,

• When you say “site” which website are you referring to?

• Have you tried using different browsers?

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

1. Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel

2. Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel

4. Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Hope this information helps!

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 29, 2016
  3. Site no longer loads on home wifi network, but loads on others

A site that I visit (regularly) just stopped loading on my home network, on multiple devices and multiple browsers.

But if I use my phone as a hotspot, the site WILL load on those same devices.

Not sure why a site would work on one network and not another.

Any ideas?

Mister_Who, Dec 29, 2016
  4. Bree New Member

You've tried all the obvious things I would have suggested, but there is one more you could have a look at, the 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List' setting. This is hidden on a 'Developer settings' page which you get to by typing about:flags in Edge's address bar. Are the 'working' Edge PCs also on 1607? If so, compare this settings page on the Edge that doesn't work with the settings for one that does and see if they are different. If only the 'non-working' Edge is on 1607, then try turning 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List' on or off and see if it makes a difference.

5. jhcarver Win User
    Thanks Bree. The 'working' Edge PCs have also been updated to v.1607 and KB3206632. The developer settings shown in about:flags are identical in all PCs. I turned off 'Use Microsoft Compatibility List' but the issue persists.

One other observation...when attempting to load Pinterest in Edge on the problem PC, the page loads a few pins but also displays a banner that says "please login to enjoy full benefits of site (or language similar to that). Subsequent attempts to login to either of our 2 accounts fails; a message appears that says "Oops, something went wrong". Cute but not helpful.

jhcarver, Dec 29, 2016
  6. Bree New Member
    I don't have a Pinertest account so can't test this myself, but until someone who does comes along I have a couple of suggestions to look at. First, have you installed any extensions for Edge on the PC that doesn't work?

Second, try using an InPrivate window in Edge (open one with Ctrl-Shift-P). This will have none of your cookies or cached pages, so you will be able to try Pinertest as if you'd never visited it before. Does this behave the same way?

Do you have any third-party anti-virus on the 'non-working' PC? If so, can you disable it and just run with Defender?

7. jhcarver Win User
    BINGO!
    There was 1 Edge extension installed...the Pin It Button. But it was turned off. I tried turning it back on...no luck. I then uninstalled it...still no luck. I thought for certain that was the cause of the problem. There is no 3rd party AV/Malware software installed.

However, your other suggestion regarding an InPrivate window WORKED! Login was successful and the site loaded as expected. I'm not sure how to proceed from here because it still fails when opened normally in Edge. I'll try again to clear all cache and cookies.

jhcarver, Dec 29, 2016
  8. jhcarver Win User

SOLVED!
    Although I had previously cleared Cached data and files, I had neglected to clear Cookies and saved website data. Doing so resolved the issue. Your suggestion to try an InPrivate window pointed me back in the right direction. I am a bit chagrined that this solution was staring me in the face from the outset. Thanks Bree for taking the time to help.

Regards,
    John

jhcarver, Dec 29, 2016
  9. Bree New Member
    Great! Glad to have helped you find the solution.

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. One site (Pinterest) no longer loads in Edge but it will load in IE11. - Similar Threads - site Pinterest longer

2. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  3. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    web sites are not loading: Web sites are not loading on my laptop. The circle in the tab just swirls.I use Chrome but have the same problem on Edge.I cleared cache, cookies, etc. I have restarted the computer. Connection is fine.I ran MS Diagnostics. It came up with nothing. I i finished updating some...
  4. web sites are not loading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. sites not loading well

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sites not loading well: when i go to a site and it loads, the icon continues to circle for quite a while. This has not happened before.Everything is up to date and I have cleared ALL of my cache, cookies, browser history etc.Do you have a suggestion or possible explanation for why this is happening....
  6. why is this site not loading

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is this site not loading: You don't have permission to access "http://sa.www4.irs.gov/irfof-wmsp/login" on this server. Reference #18.17d8d217.1616625860.accebc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-this-site-not-loading/579146bc-cf6d-4b15-be19-27d5d6887424
  7. web site loading

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    web site loading: my children played with my desk top and for some reason facebook will not load properly. all other web pages load only facebook has this problem however, facebook works fine on my phone and Ipad?...
  8. Site won't Load

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Site won't Load: I play on pogo.com and the site loaded and worked Friday afternoon however yesterday I keep getting this message signin.ea.com took too long to respond. I have clear cookies & cache, rebooted my rooter and nothing works. The game site says its a microsoft update problem...
  9. Unwanted site loading

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted site loading: Hope this is a good place to pose this question, forgive me if it is not, this is my first time in the Forum! Every time I load a site I am looking for another site which I accessed several days ago also loads in the background. I clearly have activated some option but I can...
  10. Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally

in Browsers and Email
    Edge and IE Not Loading Google and Other Sites Normally: I am having a terrible time trying to get google.com and my gmail hosted web-mail to load at a normal speed or to even load at all. I have tried both Edge and IE. I am trying to stick with these two to take full advantage of the new features in Edge. I am also having delayed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. pinterest page disappears after loading

2. pinterest loads then disappears

3. pinterest loads on but pictures disappear

4. pinterest load and disappears,
  5. pinterest loads and disappears,
  6. pinterest loads then disappears on outlook,
  7. pinterest no longer loading in edge,
  8. need solution pinterest loads and disappears