Windows 10: One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop

Discus and support One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1052. I've used the graphics manipulation program 'HyperSnap' for years with no problems at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Electrojim, Jul 21, 2021.

1. One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop

I'm running Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, OS Build 19043.1052. I've used the graphics manipulation program 'HyperSnap' for years with no problems at all. Recently a new version came out, so I did the update. Suddenly I couldn't save any of the image files created or modified in HyperSnap. In the case of a Save, the program simply closed; a Save-as would bring up a screen notification that the "File cannot be found...", which doesn't make sense, since I would have been creating a file within the target folder. At this point I uninstalled HyperSnap and re-installed the older version. Oops, same problem exactly now. Can't save. However, I can save to the Windows Desktop just fine, and from there I can transfer the image file back into the proper folder where it belongs. So at least I'm back in business, just have to add a step in the file-saving process. No other program on this computer has this problem at all. I can Save or Save-as into any folder from Word, Paint, or any other software I have installed. What's more, another Win10 machine running the same version of 10 works just fine with the HyperSnap program. So it's something on this machine, but only with this software program. I don't know if this is a 'permissions' problem, or why the Desktop as a file destination would look to HyperSnap as different from any other folder under C:. But I'd sure like to get to the bottom of this. Many thanks in advance for any ideas.

:)

Electrojim, Jul 21, 2021
  2. Nick89 Win User

Program that saves the location of Desktop icons?

Are there any programs that will save the locations of my desktop icons? every time I play a game or my computer goes to sleep they get all f*&^ed up and its pissing me off.

Thanks in advance.

Nick89, Jul 21, 2021
  3. Helli Win User

This nice little Tool will do what you want:

DesktopOK

Helli

Helli, Jul 21, 2021
  4. fenurch Win User

One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop

It would kind of make-sense if in a game you used a lower resolution than your desktop.
    However, the sad news is that I have no idea how to fix it, whether there is a program that saves all your icon locations or why this is happening when your computer goes to sleep.

fenurch, Jul 21, 2021
Thema:

One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop

1. One software program can Save or Save-as only to Desktop - Similar Threads - software program Save

2. I can't save only save as

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't save only save as: I have a notepad file I'm allowed to change and I changed it but then when I go to save it, it goes to "Save As". I have looked to see if anyone else has had this happen to them but can't find anything...
  3. I can't save only save as

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't save only save as: I have a notepad file I'm allowed to change and I changed it but then when I go to save it, it goes to "Save As". I have looked to see if anyone else has had this happen to them but can't find anything...
  4. I can't save only save as

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Load saved desktop with programs open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Load saved desktop with programs open: Part 1: How can I boot or at least load a custom saved desktop that includes loading certain programs in certain locations on my screen?For example in an older version of windows I had a 'custom launch' so that every time I rebooted a couple of programs would load to my...
  6. I need Software that can save backups to one drive account

I need Software that can save backups to one drive account: I need Software that can save backups to one drive account: I have two computers and one one drive account. I want software that will allow me to back up to one drive account for each computer in separate folders on the one drive account...
  7. Program to create a save state of current desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program to create a save state of current desktop: A friend of mine likes to use separate desktops for work and play (the ones you can access using win+tab). However, since he doesn't have a great PC, he was having performance issues that probably had something to do with his RAM usage being too high as a result of having...
  8. How can I save a PROGRAM

How can I save a PROGRAM: How can I save a program to my computer. It got backed up to my One Drive. I know how to save a docment to my computer but not a PROGRAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-save-a-program/a4c44642-44cf-46e1-a033-e2c718079214
  9. One Note save to PC only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One Note save to PC only: How to disable one note in order and save to PC in office 365 latest version? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-note-save-to-pc-only/f354929b-7acb-402e-a93e-703b9ba35bc8
  10. Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent "save to desktop" in "Save as" box: Hi, How do I prevent staff from saving files to desktop? 96569