Windows 10: One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all

Discus and support One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft community,I'll be descriptive but brief.STORYMy former laptop SSD, Windows 11 has died, so i have bought a new laptop SSD, without OS. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tomáš Suchánek, Mar 19, 2023.

1. One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all

Dear Microsoft community,I'll be descriptive but brief.STORYMy former laptop SSD, Windows 11 has died, so i have bought a new laptop SSD, without OS. I have transfered the former SSD disk to the new laptop, turned the laptop on, and it worked with the former system and files. But I decided to buy retail version of Windows and install that on the new SSD disk and clear the former SSD disk. Succesfully, I have installed the WIndows 11 on the new disk whils formatted the old SSD disk during booting I think so. Now the system works well Windows 11 retail version on new SSD disk, however wi

:)

Tomáš Suchánek, Mar 19, 2023

2. SSD Not showing in Device Manager after OS Reinstall

Hi Dan,

I've gone through the steps.

1. In DIsk management, no uninitialized disk showed up.

2,3,4 Not applicable since it doesnt show up in disk management.

Also, Minitool partition wizard doesn't see the SSD either, probably because the BIOS doesn't recognize the SSD (the drive type shows None).

5. Drive doesnt show up in Minitool so not doable.

6. The SSD is enabled in the BIOS. I've tried disabling then re-enabling.

As for updating the drivers, I've updated the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller drivers, and also tried Intel's SSD Toolkit to see drivers, but nothing found that's related to SSD.

The final step using seaTools says it doesnt test SATA.

Ruisen2000, Mar 19, 2023
  3. GeorgeVU Win User
    ssd file missing in disk management

I have loaded a Samsung 1000GB pcie ssd in the x4 pcie slot on my dell xps 8910. the disk shows up in my BIOS, but I cannot see any sign of it in my windows 10 os. It does not show up in disk management screens and trying to load the Samsung driver
    says that the disk in not there. How do I get the os to show this ssd disk_

GeorgeVU, Mar 19, 2023
  4. One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all

My Centon 120 gb SSD shows up in BIOS and Win10 Device Manager, but does not show up in Disk Management to enable formatting. How can I format this SSD?

My Centon 120 gb SSD shows up in BIOS and Win10 Device Manager, but does not show up in Disk Management to enable formatting. How can I format this SSD?

I have a new Dell 8900 with updated drivers and software. I have not added as SSD before and I am afraid I am missing something obvious.

The drive shows up in the BIOS in SATA 4 port. It also is in the Device Manager under the Disk Drives heading as SATA SSD. It does not show up in the listing of drives under Disk Management.

I know it needs to be formatted, but it does not have a drive letter assigned and I do not see how to get it one.

I did try Uninstalling the driver under the Device Manager, it just found the same info after scanning for new hardware.

Thanks for your help...

BillLukens, Mar 19, 2023
Thema:

One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all

1. One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all - Similar Threads - SSD disk shows

2. One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity whils the other SSD disk does not show up at all: Dear Microsoft community,I'll be descriptive but brief.STORYMy former laptop SSD, Windows 11 has died, so i have bought a new laptop SSD, without OS. I have transfered the former SSD disk to the new laptop, turned the laptop on, and it worked with the former system and files....
  3. One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity and second SSD disc does not show up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity and second SSD disc does not show up at all: Dear Microsoft community,I'll be descriptive but brief.STORYMy former laptop SSD, Windows 11 has died, so i have bought a new laptop SSD, without OS. I have transfered the former SSD disk to the new laptop, turned the laptop on, and it worked with the former system and files....
  4. One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity and second SSD disc does not show up at all

One SSD disk shows only half of the capacity and second SSD disc does not show up at all: Dear Microsoft community,I'll be descriptive but brief.STORYMy former laptop SSD, Windows 11 has died, so i have bought a new laptop SSD, without OS. I have transfered the former SSD disk to the new laptop, turned the laptop on, and it worked with the former system and files....
  5. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  6. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD: I have installed a new SSD. On my bios setting it show a new SATA drive, but disk management does not show any of unallocated disk so that I was enable to initialise it. What can I do? Please help me....
  7. Does not show unallocated disk on disk management for a new SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. SSD not showing up at all

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSD not showing up at all: Hey so, I recently bought a new computer and purchased 1TB M.2 SSD and another SSD which is 2TB. I hadn't had anything installed on the 2TB SSD and I decided to install a game from Steam onto it, then after it had finished installing, I tried playing it and realised it said...
  9. SSD not showing up at all

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD not showing up at all: Hey so, I recently bought a new computer and purchased 1TB M.2 SSD and another SSD which is 2TB. I hadn't had anything installed on the 2TB SSD and I decided to install a game from Steam onto it, then after it had finished installing, I tried playing it and realised it said...
  10. SSD not showing up at all