Windows 10: One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

Discus and support One Step Forward, Two Steps Back... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SilverDingo, Dec 2, 2019.

1. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up uninstalling everything. Now, I know everything’s kind of weird.

it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, with the Omen logo and the spinning circle of dots. After a while it starts automatic repair, but that obviously doesn’t work.

I have a boot USB, but the issue here is so weird because it doesn’t boot from the USB. Opening the USB in safe mode shows it has the files for it, but it’s just not. Resetting my PC has either talked a lot but done nothing (keeping files) or said that there’s too little space to remove everything (ironic). There’s no RTFN or Disk issues according to Event Viewer

i’ve tried “chkdsk c: /r /x“ but that just sends the computer into the spinning mode until I can boot it in safe mode again.

I’m incredibly frustrated because I have a large paper and no time to work on it besides on my laptop in the evening, which obviously, is not going to work.

:)

SilverDingo, Dec 2, 2019

2. PC Build Steps

all parts should be here by friday...any last advice? I will follow the step lists we created guys...

anandsap123, Dec 2, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Stepping

Is stepping 2 revision JH-F2 a good stepping for a socket AM2 5200+?

4. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

x800 GTO 16 pipe unlock step by step

Ok, there is a gigantic thread going on with this that has been extremely helpful. However, you have to search the entire thread to actually figure out what to do. So, I'm going to list step by step instructions right here for anyone who needs them.

Step 1: Download the attachment
    Step 2: Follow the instructions about checking your fuses
    Step 3: Dump your bios with ATItool (Settings -> Miscellaneous -> dump bios)
    Step 4: Open your current BIOS with RaBit 1.7 or later and go to "Logging" section scroll down and search for:
    Desc: RADEON X800 GTO
    Info: 11X-CC6600SA-004, CC6600SA.004, 01/20/05,14:19:32
    Step 5: If all checks out, simply burn the iso, boot from it, and flash!

Ultra special thanks to dolf for coming up with all this stuff and thanks to everyone else in the forum. This should simplify the process a bit!

x800professor, Dec 2, 2019
Thema:

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

1. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back... - Similar Threads - Step Forward Steps

2. two step verification

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  3. two step verification

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    two step verification: How do I turn two step verification off in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-step-verification/5498ac50-1353-4147-a1df-63fb4e008a90
  4. two step verification

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working: every 30 minutes my pc glitches and it goes back 1 to 3 steps back on any application on my pc. i also cant click with my mouse anymore. when i press ctrl+alt+delete it resets back to normal. but some time later it does it again. how do i fix this problem? i also updated my...
  6. pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc going back one or two steps in any application and clicking not working: every 30 minutes my pc glitches and it goes back 1 to 3 steps back on any application on my pc. i also cant click with my mouse anymore. when i press ctrl+alt+delete it resets back to normal. but some time later it does it again. how do i fix this problem? i also updated my...
  7. two-step verification

two-step verification: I having started having trouble with two-step verification. Long ago "Verify your identity" displayed all verification options email or mobile. At some point, I only had the mobile option display. This was fine because that is the method I use. In the past ~two weeks, the...
  8. Two steps security

Two steps security: How to set up 2 steps security ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-steps-security/cdd5579e-985b-4677-8331-ef6ceb439d1a"
  9. Two step verification

Two step verification: When I try to sign into a google account on my desktop, I get a popup message (not a text message) on my phone asking me to confirm the the sign in attempt, "Yes" or "No". But it never works. I wait and wait for it to be recognized, and I am finally forced to "choose...
  10. The CLOUD Act is an important step forward, but more steps needed

in Windows 10 News
    The CLOUD Act is an important step forward, but more steps needed: On Feb. 27, we went to the U.S Supreme Court to argue a case that has become known as the “Microsoft warrant case.” As we arrived at court that morning, we thought it was important to repeat a point we’ve been making since we first filed our legal challenge more than four...