Windows 10: One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address

Discus and support One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; We would like to find out how both of us can receive our emails on the one computer. We both have gmail accounts but sofar only mine are posted on the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KennethBET, Apr 16, 2020.

1. One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address

We would like to find out how both of us can receive our emails on the one computer. We both have gmail accounts but sofar only mine are posted on the computer.

:)

KennethBET, Apr 16, 2020

2. Separating 2 outlook.com email addresses into 2 inboxes

OK, thanks for that info. I want you to know that I edited all three pics in your post above to "blur" the email addresses
    appearing. I don't want folks sending those accounts unwanted emails. I have enough for an understanding.

So it appears to me that you have setup an alias for each account used. I would remove the second one in the list but keep the gmail one.

I believe that the reason for everything being sent to the same inbox is caused by the use of an alias for both outlook accounts. According to the link I gave you which talks about managing an Alias, at the bottom of the page it refers you here:

"Go to Add or remove an email alias in Outlook on the web to learn how your inbox works with multiple aliases".

If you click on that link it will bring you to this page which says: "An alias is an additional email address
    that uses the same inbox, contact list, and account settings as the primary alias. You can sign in to your account with any alias—they all use the same password. "

That is why everything is going to the same inbox. I believe that once you remove that alias that it should work. I have never setup multiple aliases so I am just guessing that removing the one I suggest will cure the issue right away but it might need a
    day to register. Again that is a guess.

OK, now remember we are going to do this step by step so we are ONLY dealing with the phone. I want that to work then we can deal with Outlook 2016. If you are using Windows 10 by the way, I would just use the outlook (Mail, Calendar and People) that comes
    with Windows. I have both setup on my PC and rarely (if ever) go to Outlook 2016. But lets just deal the Windows Phone first, OK?

So you are going to remove the alias that is second in the list.

Then YOU send your husband two emails. One to his personal account then one to his business email. See if they both arrive separately.

Also, I assume when you look at the app list, you see each email separately like what I show below on my Lumia 8.1 device.

One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address 76c78e41-6a85-4bb9-bc42-47bcb348f478.png

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Ria_1 Win User
    Separating 2 outlook.com email addresses into 2 inboxes

Thanks' very much for trying to help.

We are in the UK.

His email address is not from @hotmail or @MSN. Both are outlook.com.

Sorry if I look stupid, but my head is going around in circles and I really don't know what to do now.

Just to clarify, have I understood everything, right?

• I need to delete one alias

• Create a new MS account

• Adding the deleted alias, hoping that the old alias address becomes available straight away.
    Doesn’t that mean my husband must keep on signing in and out of 2 MS accounts to read his emails? This would defeat what I am trying to do, 1 account and seeing all emails, but in separated inboxes.

In addition, he hasn't really got the option in waiting to see if that account becomes available again. He needs a working email address.

Ria_1, Apr 16, 2020
  4. One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address

Separating 2 outlook.com email addresses into 2 inboxes

So I have 5 email accounts

NO!!

I would not. Use each account as a separate account. It is particularly important if you want email sent by the account it was sent to.

Create a new email account for each account he has. When I open email it opens my primary account. So it will look like this:

One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address 92628782-4452-4ca3-8218-dbb39678a7a3.png

If I click on the "hamburger menu" it gives me this:

One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address d82ea78e-355c-4104-b246-aa374cc5cbf6.png

I can easily see what accounts have new emails, click on the account and read/reply or send emails in that account.

Just add a NEW email account for each that he has from the ellipsis (...) at the bottom of the screen (see 1st picture above) and choose "Manage Accounts" then select " + Add account". Choose the type of account from the screen that appears. Enter the appropriate
    info (email and password) and you will create the second account.

Name each account with a specific name to easily see what it is. Each account will be listed when you look at the all apps and you can access each easily if needed.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address

1. One surfacepro4 & 2 separate persons each with their own email address - Similar Threads - surfacepro4 separate persons

2. 2 Accounts same email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Accounts same email address: About 4 days ago I lost an SSD hard drive for my laptop, the only security I had was the basic windows hello pin, the hard drive was not encrypted.I'm aware someone could read the contents of the hard drive by using different methods such as Linux, or booting the hard drive...
  3. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  4. Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Personal and IT Department Emails with the same address: Hi.Somehow I have 2 accounts one personal and one corporate with the same address. Additionally my PC logs in with the Personal Account but the emails go to the corporate so I cant seem to reset the personal one.I have no idea why this happened but i need to delete my...
  5. 365 Personal email address is not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    365 Personal email address is not recognised: I have 365 Personal which was renewed last in September 2022. I also have a 365 Business but that is intact.I received a notification a week or so ago that my subscription had been paid for xbox via paypal but I don't recognise this payment and I don't have an xbox. I do have...
  6. 365 Personal email address is not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    365 Personal email address is not recognised: I have 365 Personal which was renewed last in September 2022. I also have a 365 Business but that is intact.I received a notification a week or so ago that my subscription had been paid for xbox via paypal but I don't recognise this payment and I don't have an xbox. I do have...
  7. SurfacePro4 with Windows10

in Windows 10 Customization
    SurfacePro4 with Windows10: Why do I have two sign ins when starting PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surfacepro4-with-windows10/65a7d1fb-fede-451f-9236-42b781d65a48
  8. Personal Vault - verification email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Personal Vault - verification email address: Hi, How do I change the verification email address when accessing my Personal Vault please? At the moment I have the option to have a security code sent to either my mobile phone number or an old, now obsolete email address? This email address is not the normal one...
  9. Personal email address used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Personal email address used with more than one account: For the last few weeks I've been trying to solve why when I sign in to Microsoft online services with my personal email address I am met with the following message: It looks like this email address is being used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you...
  10. Combining 2 separate attachments into same email?

in Windows 10 Support
    Combining 2 separate attachments into same email?: [Desktop Dell Inspiron 560 4gb RAM; high speed cable; MS Windows10 64bit; Windows Live Mail 2012(awful!!!); MS Word Pro 2003; Mozilla Firefox; Avast AV; Windows Media Player; Adobe Reader; Adobe flash Player] Hello, someone emailed me 3 photo attachments as Photo Gallery...