Windows 10: One thing i don't like about win 10

Discus and support One thing i don't like about win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Microsoft ID login password is different from my e-mail account password. Why would I give Microsoft my e-mail password? My e-mail account is with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alaslipknot, Oct 26, 2015.

1. strollin Win User

One thing i don't like about win 10

Now you're talking about 2 different things. The OP was talking about his Microsoft email account (Hotmail.com or Outlook.com) and using that account as a login to Windows 10 which is why I said it was the same account so there can be only 1 pw. You are talking about using a MS account to login to Windows and a 3rd party email account for your email, that does work perfectly fine because then you are using 2 different accounts.

strollin, Oct 26, 2015

2. Awesome !!

alaslipknot, Oct 26, 2015
  3. The OP said "My Microsoft email is my main work email,". I took that to mean it wasn't an MSN account. The e-mail they used for their Microsoft ID was their work e-mail. You could read it the other way though. If true he or she could change the Microsoft ID password to something easier to enter. That's all I meant to point out. The two passwords don't necessarily have to be one and the same. From what your saying, if you use Hotmail, they do?

alphanumeric, Oct 26, 2015
  4. XweAponX Win User

You know, when Windows 8 came out and it offered to log in to my already existing Windows Live/Outlook/"SkyDrive" account, I just used that.

I know you don't use any other email accounts, but you can just create a simple Microsoft Account, and then only use it for logging in ot use Cortana. That way, you can create a PIN of only 4 numbers to log in, rather than your password. It's pretty painless.

I do however agree with you, but you don't have to put anything in your account that points to you, just create a nickname and that's what it will show.

I do use the Store, but I only get free apps or ones with a Trial, most of the ones with a Trial still work at some level after the Trial runs out.

XweAponX, Oct 26, 2015
  5. Yeah i might do that, just one question, what happen in the following cases if i want to log in and my internet is down ?

Case 1 : i created a PIN login

Case 2 : i didn't have a PIN login so i have to enter my real MS account password

Am i going to be blocked from using my Computer until i have my Internet back ? or Will the authentication happens locally ?
    Am guessing it's the second option cause the first one is ultra-stupid (lol), so if the authentication happens locally wouldn't this make the entire MS account useless to me ? i mean, MS is using this to collect information and walking on google step, and i really don't care. Security wise though, if an online authentication can happen locally (which mean it can easily get cracked) then it's pretty useless to us isn't ?

alaslipknot, Oct 27, 2015
  6. You can log in without an Internet connection. Windows would be pretty useless if you couldn't.

alphanumeric, Oct 27, 2015
  7. Geneo Win User
    That is good news. Now I will have to get a microphone *Biggrin

Geneo, Oct 27, 2015
  8. snoopy51 Win User

Don't just get a microphone. Go get a Yeti:

One thing i don't like about win 10 [​IMG]

snoopy51, Oct 28, 2015
  9. Gary Win User
    I don't think you can Alpha unless you use a Local account.

10. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Exactly. It's one or the other but not both at the same time.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Oct 28, 2015
  11. Geneo Win User
    Hmmm. Should I buy a microphone that looks like some kind of being with its hand over its ears? LOL

Geneo, Oct 28, 2015
  12. exactly, that's also why an online authentication is the ultra stupid, why have it if you can bypass it locally ?

alaslipknot, Oct 28, 2015
  13. larry Win User

After setting up a Microsoft account with Windows 10, you can go to the Microsoft's online website to change your email password. As the new password does not sync to your OS, you can still log on to Windows with the old password (a password different from the actual email password).

If you try to log on with the new password later, Windows will connect to Microsoft's online server for syncing and verifying your login credentials. After successfully login, the old password automatically expires and you can't use it to log on any longer.

larry, Oct 28, 2015
  14. This is even a new level of reasons of why this MS account authentication should never exists

alaslipknot, Oct 28, 2015
  15. Ah, I'm doing it right now. I have been doing it since day one. Maybe I better re-explain. The e-mail account I use for my Microsoft account is with my ISP, L: my.name@isp.net password ispemailpassword. When I signed up for my live ID I used L: my.name@isp.net and password idpassword. My Live ID password can be anything I want it to be, it does not have to be the password to the e-mail account your using. Unless your using an actual Microsoft e-mail account. I can go in and change it any time I want too. It has no effect on my e-mail account, one has nothing to do with the other. When I setup my live ID I got a confirmation e-mail with a link to verify I'm who I say I am. Same as when you signed up for 10 forums. If your using a Microsoft e-mail account its different though, they are linked.

alphanumeric, Oct 28, 2015
Thema:

1. One thing i don't like about win 10 - Similar Threads - thing don't

2. Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go: I have a brand new HP computer Pavilion with Windows 11. I have already sent the computer back for repairs to the touchpad because my mouse keeps picking up files, words, windows you name it and draggig them and dropping them wherever it wants to. I keep losing files and...
  3. Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go: I have a brand new HP computer Pavilion with Windows 11. I have already sent the computer back for repairs to the touchpad because my mouse keeps picking up files, words, windows you name it and draggig them and dropping them wherever it wants to. I keep losing files and...
  4. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  5. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  6. Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...: https://www.bing.com/search?q=William+Poole+Admin+%C2%B7+1h+%C2%B7+My+Drive%2Froot-bin-hustlepack68%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode_modules%2Fnpm%2Fnode_modules%2Funique-filename%2Fcoverage%2Fsort-arrow-spr...
  7. Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...

Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...: https://www.bing.com/search?q=William+Poole+Admin+%C2%B7+1h+%C2%B7+My+Drive%2Froot-bin-hustlepack68%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode_modules%2Fnpm%2Fnode_modules%2Funique-filename%2Fcoverage%2Fsort-arrow-spr...
  8. after Windows 11 update some things don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after Windows 11 update some things don't work: Did a Windows 11 update, and now can't use Mail or Settings, I have them pinned to taskbar, they show as open on taskbar but won't open up.If I go into start panel and click on them in there, they don't work either. How do I fix this?...
  9. after Windows 11 update some things don't work

after Windows 11 update some things don't work: Did a Windows 11 update, and now can't use Mail or Settings, I have them pinned to taskbar, they show as open on taskbar but won't open up.If I go into start panel and click on them in there, they don't work either. How do I fix this?...
  10. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...