Windows 10: One thing i don't like about win 10

Discus and support One thing i don't like about win 10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello everyone, So i just upgraded to Win10 and so far everything seems to work smoothly, however, there is one minor thing that really bother me,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by alaslipknot, Oct 26, 2015.

1. One thing i don't like about win 10

Hello everyone,

So i just upgraded to Win10 and so far everything seems to work smoothly, however, there is one minor thing that really bother me, which is forcing the user to login with his Microsoft Account instead of the local one in order to use features Cortana, and simply here is why :

My Microsoft email is my main work email, i only use it for work and payment, it's the one i created my paypal account with and all the other important stuff, the password of this account has more than 16 characters which they are a mix of uppercase, lowercase, numbers and symbols. It really doesn't make any sense to force me to type that every time i lock/unlock my PC, and i really lock my screen a lot! like every time i leave my desk i auto press [win+L]

I really cannot understand why microsoft is doing this, i understand that Cortana and other apps require this account to sync through all devices but can't you just make me sign in individually for these apps ??

I was about to create a useless-microsoft account just to use it in this computer but then i remembered the minimum length of the password... my PC password is just two characters, that's all i need to keep my brother away from my computer, i really hope Microsoft understand this mistake and change it asap.

Thanks for reading

:)

alaslipknot, Oct 26, 2015
  2. cosbiss Win User

7 things I don't like about Belle

1. Unlike Anna, Belle returned to initial smaller fonts.

2. The old beautiful Lockscreen Analogue Clock was wrongfully replaced with so called "Big Clock" which is obviously very small and hard to read.

3. Although the top drop down status bar is fine, the battery status and GSM signal became to small, again you need a sharp sight to see all icons at once.

4. The big digital clock from the home screen does not invite you to use it and the date is practically not readable.

5. Contact data also became very small, just on left side of the screen. In Anna you could clearly see phone numbers as they were full width. I don't know why Nokia try so hard not to use the screen free space.

6. Messaging no longer shows folders (Inbox, Sent..) by default, so it is awkard.

7. Fonts in calendar too small.

cosbiss, Oct 26, 2015
  3. cosbiss Win User
    7 things I don't like about Belle

OK. I understand that there are many third party applications that might help you tune your Nokia, but I don't understand why Nokia eliminates the good parts of the operating system only to force people to buy application from Nokia store. As Alexander
    highlighted third party applications do not work so well as native application.

cosbiss, Oct 26, 2015
  4. topgundcp Win User

One thing i don't like about win 10

Sorry but this is incorrect. You can use a local account. I myself never use MS account with Windows 8 or 10.
    Click on Settings->Account and switch to create a Local Account:

One thing i don't like about win 10 [​IMG]

topgundcp, Oct 26, 2015
  5. Sorry if my post was unclear, i edit it now, i was talking about when you login to use Cortana, windows automatically change your PC account from the local one, to microsoft one

alaslipknot, Oct 26, 2015
  6. Geneo Win User
    That is why I do not use Cortana.

Geneo, Oct 26, 2015
  7. AndreyT Win User
    The primary point of the OP's post is Cortana. In order to begin using Cortana you will be forced to switch to Microsoft online account. No way around it.

AndreyT, Oct 26, 2015
  8. One thing i don't like about win 10

logicearth, Oct 26, 2015
  9. In sign in options you can set it to never if you have been away that way you don't have to do it every time or as someone said use pin or face that is another option

hTconeM9user, Oct 26, 2015
  10. Your Microsoft Account password can be anything you want you know. It doesn't have to be the same password you use for that e-mail account you signed up with. Mine are two completely different passwords.

alphanumeric, Oct 26, 2015
  11. vexorg Win User
    Windows 10 has cortana??? I only have local accounts, probably why I've not seen it.

Why would you log into your PC with an online account, it's a home PC, not a work domain or proper unix based network. IT's all a step too far, same with one drive, that got deleted right away. Some of us don't want the full integrated experience, especially if you use different email service or google for other stuff.

If you have a shared home PC for family use, then you don't want all the emails and login all mixed in together, so I'm with the OP on this.

vexorg, Oct 26, 2015
  12. strollin Win User
    Huh? It's the same account. How can you have multiple pws on the same account? You can have more than 1 MS account so if you wish you could do that but I have only 1 MS account with 1 pw and login to mail, computer, other MS sites, etc... all with the same uid/pw.

strollin, Oct 26, 2015
  13. One thing i don't like about win 10

I use some Modern Apps and sync some settings etc across my desktop and laptop PC's. I use Outlook for e-mail, how I log in has no effect on what e-mails I get. Outlook determines that. For me there is no downside to using my Microsoft ID. I use a PIN on my laptop and auto logon on my desktop PC.

14. My Microsoft ID login password is different from my e-mail account password. Why would I give Microsoft my e-mail password? My e-mail account is with my ISP, it's not a Hotmail account etc.

15. Gary Win User
    In the upcoming update to the RTM on Novemeber 2nd., You will be able to use Cortana in a local account.

Thema:

One thing i don't like about win 10

1. One thing i don't like about win 10 - Similar Threads - thing don't

2. Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go: I have a brand new HP computer Pavilion with Windows 11. I have already sent the computer back for repairs to the touchpad because my mouse keeps picking up files, words, windows you name it and draggig them and dropping them wherever it wants to. I keep losing files and...
  3. Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly catches and drags things where I don't want them to go: I have a brand new HP computer Pavilion with Windows 11. I have already sent the computer back for repairs to the touchpad because my mouse keeps picking up files, words, windows you name it and draggig them and dropping them wherever it wants to. I keep losing files and...
  4. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  5. Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand

Please Explain This Google Account Security Check Thing I Don't Understand: someone please say you know what this means - i have only one PC and it is not synced with my phone, therefore I have only one device.In my google account security settings it shows this....what to they mean by I "haven't used Google on Windows in 70 days"? I ONLY use windows...
  6. Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...: https://www.bing.com/search?q=William+Poole+Admin+%C2%B7+1h+%C2%B7+My+Drive%2Froot-bin-hustlepack68%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode_modules%2Fnpm%2Fnode_modules%2Funique-filename%2Fcoverage%2Fsort-arrow-spr...
  7. Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...

Look I'm southern hick do don't judge the way I word things or spell, just shut up and...: https://www.bing.com/search?q=William+Poole+Admin+%C2%B7+1h+%C2%B7+My+Drive%2Froot-bin-hustlepack68%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode-v9.9.1-nightly201803256591d9f761-win-x64%2Fnode_modules%2Fnpm%2Fnode_modules%2Funique-filename%2Fcoverage%2Fsort-arrow-spr...
  8. after Windows 11 update some things don't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after Windows 11 update some things don't work: Did a Windows 11 update, and now can't use Mail or Settings, I have them pinned to taskbar, they show as open on taskbar but won't open up.If I go into start panel and click on them in there, they don't work either. How do I fix this?...
  9. after Windows 11 update some things don't work

after Windows 11 update some things don't work: Did a Windows 11 update, and now can't use Mail or Settings, I have them pinned to taskbar, they show as open on taskbar but won't open up.If I go into start panel and click on them in there, they don't work either. How do I fix this?...
  10. Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand

Disk 100%, the resource monitor shows a lot of things that I don't understand: My laptop lags at random points, but also lags for a long time on startup and many of the high disk usage programs. Yesterday I ran an antivirus scan with malwarebytes and I wonder if this could have caused it, however I had these lag issues before that and did nothing but...