Windows 10: One updater malware

Discus and support One updater malware in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Recently I accidentally installed One Updater. Everytime I shut down my laptop I see an icon on the right bottom. I tried finding it and deleting it in... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Hi.1234, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Hi.1234 Win User

One updater malware

Recently I accidentally installed One Updater. Everytime I shut down my laptop I see an icon on the right bottom.
    I tried finding it and deleting it in apps and features but I cannot find it. Windows protection told me I had 1 threat earlier, but now it says there's 0 threats. One updater malware c7e8bbc1-7f76-46ee-bbd1-8cce25ac4b2b?upload=true.png

:)

Hi.1234, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Le Boule Win User
    Le Boule, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Boatvan Win User
    Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Apr 15, 2021
  4. One updater malware

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

One updater malware

1. One updater malware - Similar Threads - updater malware

2. Malware installed via Restart for update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Malware installed via Restart for update: Today my laptop screen suggests I restart for an update. However the LAST time I did this, a malware took over my screen, warning that if I tried to log out or restart it would make things worse. How can I know that this time it is safe>Also, I'm on a Windows 10 and the...
  3. Malware installed via Restart for update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware installed via Restart for update: Today my laptop screen suggests I restart for an update. However the LAST time I did this, a malware took over my screen, warning that if I tried to log out or restart it would make things worse. How can I know that this time it is safe>Also, I'm on a Windows 10 and the...
  4. Malware installed via Restart for update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...: I took a software from a friend which suggested me to turn off windows virus protection for a second, which in my stupidity, I did. Due to that a trojan entered my system, I know that because windows security scan sensed it after I deleted the software. After that I...
  6. I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...

I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...: I took a software from a friend which suggested me to turn off windows virus protection for a second, which in my stupidity, I did. Due to that a trojan entered my system, I know that because windows security scan sensed it after I deleted the software. After that I...
  7. I accidentally deleted "C:\Users\sanke\AppData\Local\Updates\Windows because of a malware...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer: I like being on 1909 and you have intentionally gone out of your way to make it as hard as possible for me to stop you from forcing yourselves onto my computer. I do not consent to this. I have deleted all update tasks. Disabled the windows update service. Disabled them all...
  9. Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer

Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer: I like being on 1909 and you have intentionally gone out of your way to make it as hard as possible for me to stop you from forcing yourselves onto my computer. I do not consent to this. I have deleted all update tasks. Disabled the windows update service. Disabled them all...
  10. Stop trying to force your malware updates on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade