Windows 10: one usb port not working with mouse

Discus and support one usb port not working with mouse in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; when uplugging my laptop my usb mouse stopped working, when i plugged the lapptop back in it still didnt work. i tried the mouse in a different usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AdamHerskine, Jul 25, 2018.

1. one usb port not working with mouse

when uplugging my laptop my usb mouse stopped working, when i plugged the lapptop back in it still didnt work. i tried the mouse in a different usb port and it worked, so i think there is something going on with that specific usb port. the red light under the mouse still turns on when plugging into the troublesome usb port and it even has the system ping sound to say it is recognising something has been attached, but the mouse just wont work either clicking the buttons or moving it around.

:)

AdamHerskine, Jul 25, 2018
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

one usb port not working with mouse [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Jul 25, 2018
  4. jjtyler Win User

one usb port not working with mouse

USB port not working

I have an HP Pavilion dv6604nr laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 located on the left side and one located on the right side near the power supply port. For some reason, one of the USB ports on the left hand side will not recognize anything that is plugged
    into it. I have done all the steps and suggestions that is posted on this site, and still can't get it to work. The message I get is "The last USB device that was connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it." It shows in the Device Manager
    as Unknown USB Device(Port Reset Failed). When I have a USB device plugged into the non-working port, it shows up in the Devices and Printers folder, but the device does not work. I am at my wits end. Can anyone help me or suggest any other things to try?
    Oh, I am running Windows 10 pro.

jjtyler, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

one usb port not working with mouse

1. one usb port not working with mouse - Similar Threads - usb port working

2. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  3. No mouse works with any USB port.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No mouse works with any USB port.: Any mouse will not work in any USB port, I've tried a logitech mouse, general unbranded mouse,a PS/2 mouse and even using the ps4 controller analog stick as a mouse and nothing works. I know the usb ports are not the issue as the keyboard works fine in the same ports. No...
  4. One USB port stopped working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    One USB port stopped working.: On my Acer Travelmate model P259-MG. operating Windows 10, I have always used the right hand USB port Black for the dongle of my wireless mouse. yesterday it was in and working, I had to leave the computer for a while and when I came back the mouse didn't work, or any usb...
  5. One USB port stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One USB port stopped working.: On my Acer Travelmate model P259-MG. operating Windows 10, I have always used the right hand USB port Black for the dongle of my wireless mouse. yesterday it was in and working, I had to leave the computer for a while and when I came back the mouse didn't work, or any usb...
  6. One USB port stopped working.

7. Only one USB port not working.

Only one USB port not working.: My HP Notebok Laptop is currently running on Windows 11 home edition which I purchased two weeks ago.There are 2 USB ports in my laptop,but only 1 port is functional while other port is only giving power.The malfunctioned port is not detecting or showing devices on MYPC,it...
  8. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  9. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  10. one USB port not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    one USB port not work: HI i have a question,my laptop HP Pavilion dv6700 have 3 USB ports, 2 ports working graet,only one port not working,ivoltage,have the 5.12volts,but the laptop not recogniced,ichec the drivers ,I uninstall all drivers,then restart the PC,all the drivers are OK, the PC work...