Windows 10: one user account with two Admin profiles

Discus and support one user account with two Admin profiles in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PierpaoloDG, Oct 25, 2020.

1. one user account with two Admin profiles

Hi guys, I have problems with my Win 10 profile: I have one account same login associated to 2 Admin account - one with full control and the other with modify access. The problem is that I need to be able to switch to the one with full control as I can't modify many folders now. Some time ago I reset my computer and had to reinstal everything maybe that is what caused this mess? Sorry but I am not an expert in Admin stuff. IS there any way I cann get back to my single Admin account?

Thanks for your help

PP

:)

PierpaoloDG, Oct 25, 2020

2. Windows 10 can't load the user profile for a new user account

Hi Judy

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. .

I would suggest you to follow the method give below and check.

Method 1: I suggest you enter into safe mode and enable built-in administrator and check with the status of User profile service.

Step 1: Start computer in safe
    mode.

• Type Settings in the search box on the desktop, select
      Settings.

• Here select Change pc settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced startup, click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced options, and Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select Safe mode and then press
      Enter.

Step 2: Enable Built-in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.

• Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open
        Command Prompt.

• Type the following command and hit Enter:

• net user administrator /active: yes
      (Check for the spaces)
    d. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Method 2: Try to create a new user account (Microsoft account) and check if you are able to access the content from your computer

Create a user account

Create a user account in Windows

Note: Create a Microsoft account

Method 3: Check the status of User profile services.

Steps:

• Press Windows + R to open Run command, type
      Services.msc and press Enter.
    • Search for User Profile Service, right click on it and
      start the service.
    • Also, set the Startup type to
      Automatic
    • Now check if you are able to log-in.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 25, 2020
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Oct 25, 2020
  4. one user account with two Admin profiles

Administrator account, error message: "The user profile service failed the sign in. User profile cannot be loaded" Windows 10.

Hi Amy,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the system and login to the either administrator account or the Microsoft account to check, if that helps.

Also, I suggest you to install any pending updates on the system to check, if that helps. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Occasionally, Windows might not read your user profile correctly, such as if your antivirus software is scanning your computer while you try to log on. Before you follow the methods given in the suggested article, try restarting your computer and logging
    on with your user account again to resolve the issue.

Let’s try to refer to the suggestions provided by Arul_D replied on February 11, 2016, to fix your issue.

user profile service failed the logon user profile cannot be loaded

Further, you may have to enable the built in admin account from the recovery environment, login to that account and then create a new admin account. Once this is done disable the built in admin account and login to the new admin account to check, if that
    helps.

Enable built-in administrator by following the steps below, create a new administrator user profile and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 1: Enable built-in administrator account.

• Open elevated command prompt by entering Safe mode with Command prompt.
      To go to Safe mode, use the power button on the sign-in screen and press
      Shift (key on the keyboard) + Restart. This will take you to the recovery boot menu. Click
      Troubleshoot> Advanced options> Startup settings.
      You then see a list where you can choose Safe Mode with Command prompt.
    • Type the following command: net user administrator /active:yes to activate the built-in administrator.
    • Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges (steps given below).
    • Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L keys on the keyboard and sign-in into the
      Administrator account.
    • Disable built in administrator account by typing the command:
      net user administrator /active:no
      in the Command prompt (Admin).
    Step 2: To create a new administrative user account
    follow the steps below:

• Open Elevated command prompt by pressing Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Command prompt (Admin) from the context menu.
    • Type net user NewAccount password /add and click
      Enter
    • Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click
      Enter.
    • Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to make sure if the "User Profile Service"
    is started and automatic from the new admin user account

a. Press Windows key + R
    and type "services.msc" in the run box and press Enter.

b. In services Window check for "User Profile Service"status.

c. If it is stopped, click on the drop down menu and click on
    automatic
    and click on start.

d. Check the status of the issue.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

one user account with two Admin profiles

1. one user account with two Admin profiles - Similar Threads - user account Admin

2. two users into ONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    two users into ONE: My HP laptop was originally set up with two users. I would like to combine the two users into one, I am the only user, now. Is there a way - making sure all of the files from the one to disappear are preserved? See below....
  3. Reset one of two profiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset one of two profiles: Hello. If you try to reset windows 10 with file saved and there are different profiles on the computer how do you know which profile is being reset or do both of them get reset. No need to give me instructions on resetting or reinstalling Windows I'm just looking for an...
  4. Reset one of two profiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset one of two profiles: Hello. If you try to reset windows 10 with file saved and there are different profiles on the computer how do you know which profile is being reset or do both of them get reset. No need to give me instructions on resetting or reinstalling Windows I'm just looking for an...
  5. Reset one of two profiles

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. One microsoft account and two profiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    One microsoft account and two profiles: Good morning, I have a MS account *** Email address is removed for privacy *** but it has two profiles, one for me and one for my son. Can someone tell me how to switch between the two? Here are screenshots to assist in troubleshooting. Dr Tracy is me and Dr Bonehead is...
  7. One face, two user profiles

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    One face, two user profiles: Is it possible to set up two Windows10 user accounts, one an Admin, one a Local Account, for the same person and somehow use face recognition for both user accounts?...
  8. Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is it better to make two Microsoft accounts or one account and two users?: Hi! I just got an laptop and I want to have two profiles for me and my brother. The problem is that the secondary profile associated with an separate Microsoft account gets broken and displays "we can't sign into your account". Since the desktop is new, I had nothing on it...
  9. Two user accounts with one email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two user accounts with one email?: I have 2 accounts, one admin...and one standard (as recommended by Microsoft) Can I link them both to the same Hotmail (outlook) email? (Standard account used daily...admin account rarely used and there for security I currently have each linked to a different email account...
  10. admin account profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin account profile: i have gotten my user account set up just the way i want, and now i would like to have an admin account available on my login screen (in addition to my user account) that has same basic settings (all the stuff the way i want it) as my user account. i have found that if i...