Windows 10: One user can’t access the @ sign

Discus and support One user can’t access the @ sign in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My husband, my son and I are all users on the same laptop. Today, my son noticed that when he hit Shift+2, instead of getting the @ sign, nothing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Aholibah16, May 19, 2020.

1. One user can’t access the @ sign

My husband, my son and I are all users on the same laptop. Today, my son noticed that when he hit Shift+2, instead of getting the @ sign, nothing happened. This affects only him—when we switch users to my husband or me, we can get the @ sign—so it must be some user-specific setting and not the keyboard driver or something. when my son is signed in, not only can he not get the @ sign by typing Shift+2 on the external keyboard, he can’t get it by using the laptop’s built in keyboard, the Windows onscreen keyboard or the alt-code for the symbol. We spent hours Googling and troubleshooting, but we can’t figure out what’s going on. Any ideas?

submitted by /u/Aholibah16
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Aholibah16, May 19, 2020

2. Pinning User Folder to Quick Access pins wrong folder

Hi Dark,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to sign out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check with the status of this issue. As this might be a temporary issue.

I suggest you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of accessing Quick access for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 19, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, May 19, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

One user can’t access the @ sign

Can't access my home user account on Windows 10.

File Explorer may have encountered an issue due system conflict. To correct this, follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar, type in quick access and press Enter.
    • Select File Explorer Options.
    • On the General tab, make sure to set Open File Explorer to
      This PC.
    • Under Privacy, remove the check mark on Show recently used files in Quick access
      and Show frequently used folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply and OK.
    We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to Enable Built-in Administrator
    to access your files and perform the troubleshooting steps given by
    Pavan_N
    and BulldogXX. Follow the steps below to Enable Built-in Administrator:

The built-in elevated "Administrator account" is a local account that has full unrestricted access rights to the PC.

• Right click on the Windows icon, select Command Prompt.
    • A Command Prompt window will open.
    • Type in or copy and paste this command:
      • net user administrator /active:yes
    • Press Enter. Close the Command Prompt.
    • Sign out with your current account and try to sign in using Administrator.

Let us know if these troubleshooting steps worked.

Xylee Del, May 19, 2020
Thema:

One user can’t access the @ sign

1. One user can’t access the @ sign - Similar Threads - user can’t access

2. Can’t sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in: So I just recently made an account for someone else and used the info to log into the new pc but now I’m not unable to log in since I don’t have the password and I can’t use the reset link if I just made the account....
  3. Can’t sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t sign in: So I just recently made an account for someone else and used the info to log into the new pc but now I’m not unable to log in since I don’t have the password and I can’t use the reset link if I just made the account....
  4. Can’t sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t sign in: Hi,I had been trying to log in on my asus with windows 10, as another user but it can’t get through so i can’t access the pc or change the log in user option. Whenever i tried to, this one in the photo appears....
  5. Can’t sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t sign in: Hi,I had been trying to log in on my asus with windows 10, as another user but it can’t get through so i can’t access the pc or change the log in user option. Whenever i tried to, this one in the photo appears....
  6. Can’t sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in: I’m going crazy. I turn on the computer and it shows an email - which is wrong - it is a typo and missing 1 character from the correct one. It asks for my pin but of course my pin doesn’t go with the wrong email. How can I correct this email. I cannot see anything else except...
  7. Can’t sign in

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t sign in: Ok, so I can’t sign into my computer at all. How did I get here? Well, it started when I decided to update my graphics card drivers, and the update couldn’t be completed for reasons I don’t remember. Anyway, the installer said I needed to download AMD’s clean up software,...
  8. Can’t sign in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t sign in: I cant sign into my windows 10: whenever i try it says “unable to sign you in. If you dont sign out now you will lose files and data” and ive tried to reset my password and such and for one minute it even went back to normal but when i tried ro restart it, again i was back to...
  9. Can’t sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t sign in: I’m trying to sign into my computer. It’s not recognizing my fingerprint, which is nothing on usual. It has never recognized my fingerprint. However in the past I filled would pop up in two which I could type my pin. Instead now I get a message on the Screen that says Your...
  10. Multiple Users Signed In at One Time

in Windows 10 Support
    Multiple Users Signed In at One Time: I've loaded Windows 10 in a VM running on Windows 8.1. I've created multiple user but can't seem to figure out how to sign into a second account while still signed in to the first account. In Windows 8.1 this was easy! Sorry for the (maybe) dumb question. 2620