Windows 10: One user can't login to ADFS

Discus and support One user can't login to ADFS in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; There's a user of our farm who's having problems to login to ADFS. He gets the ADFS login page but he cannot login. He constantly gets the page again... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fedec0, Jan 4, 2022.

1. fedec0 Win User

One user can't login to ADFS

There's a user of our farm who's having problems to login to ADFS. He gets the ADFS login page but he cannot login. He constantly gets the page again and again. When he types a wrong password, he gets a message that the password is wrong. But once he uses correct credentials he is repeatedly prompted for login. If he tries to login using WIA on Internet Explorer it works, but not with forms based authentication.I see security event failure 4625, but for my ADFS service account, stating that this service account is locked, when it's really not. I get that error when this user tries to login onl

:)

fedec0, Jan 4, 2022
  2. vecon Win User

Recommendation: Load balancer for ADFS environment?

We want to put in ADFS for our current network to support about 30K authenticated users, currently to start off just for sharepoint application, but potentially will support other application/ users as well.

Looking for recommendation on whether we should go with virtual or hardware based Load Balancer, and
    which vendor of LB that people tend to adopt for their ADFS and WAP servers? Imagine we'll need to get the LB that can support Layer 7

Here is how we are currently spec'ed out so far:

• 2 WAP servers (Win2016) sit behind a LB and all on DMZ
    • 2 ADFS servers (Win2016) sit behind another LB and all on Internal network
    • DC server is on Internal network as well

----

Can anyone explain how the traffic/federation process goes (step by step) when user access the website from the internet (please include how request is being passed/redirect between webserver, WAP, ADFS, and DC servers)

Thanks!

vecon, Jan 4, 2022
  3. ADFS SAML setup

Hello,

I have questions regarding ADFS SAML configuration.

I have been charged with setting up ADFS SAML and connecting our system with clarity safetyzone.

I am using Using windows serv 2019 platform for the servers. I have created a test environment that has a domain controller, server with ADCS, and another server with ADFS. I have a certificate created within the ADCS server and I installed ADFS on the
    respective server. I verified after installation of the role and configuring an adfs administrator that the adfs administrator can sign into the https://sts.contoso.com/adfs/ls/idpinitiatedsignon.aspx, I created a windows test account and logged into the
    adfs server for testing purposes and when navigating to the https://sts.contoso.com/adfs/ls/ and attempting to sign in with that user, I get an error:

An error occurred
    An error occurred. Contact your administrator for more information.
    Error details
    Activity ID: f68cc99a-b6e5-40dc-1a00-0080000000e5Error details: MSIS7065: There are no registered protocol handlers on path /adfs/ls/ to process the incoming request.Node name: 85253664-435b-4d04-8775-d4b96854cb12Error time: Mon, 02 Nov 2020 20:11:16 GMTCookie:
    enabledUser agent string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.111 Safari/537.36

I have everyone permitted for intranet access in the Access Control Policies.
    Am i missing something? Once i can verify that a standard user can login, then i can move on to the step of setting up the appropriate claims/trusts.

Does anyone have experience with this and maybe even experience with the Clarity Safety Zone platform?

JosephStefanelli, Jan 4, 2022
  4. One user can't login to ADFS

ADFS authentication loop on login page

I deployed a HA ADFS environment with NLB.

There are several URLs can access the ADFS service: https://hostname.domain.local, https://adfs.domain.local, https://nlb-adfs.domain.local.

When I access the ADFS service URL: https://adfs.domain.local, I can authenticate users normally with a signed-in status, but if I try to access the other URLs, the user can't be accessed and will be redirected back to login page again and again.

In the event viewer I can find even id 4672,4623,4634. It seems the user was logged off once it was logged on.

The description of the event id 4634 is

This event is generated when a logon session is destroyed. It may be positively correlated with a logon event using the Logon ID value. Logon IDs are only unique between reboots on the same computer.

How can I get through with it?

Thank you!

jameszeng1, Jan 4, 2022
Thema:

One user can't login to ADFS

1. One user can't login to ADFS - Similar Threads - user can't login

2. ADFS Login Page Customisation Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADFS Login Page Customisation Help: Hi, I need some help with customising an existing ADFS login page. There is already a theme in place and the login description has been filled out. But I don't know what HTML was applied. Is there a way that I cant get what was used so that I could amend it. Thanks...
  3. ADFS Login Page Customisation Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ADFS Login Page Customisation Help: Hi, I need some help with customising an existing ADFS login page. There is already a theme in place and the login description has been filled out. But I don't know what HTML was applied. Is there a way that I cant get what was used so that I could amend it. Thanks...
  4. ADFS Login Page Customisation Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. ADFS to Azure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ADFS to Azure: What is best practice and steps to move ADFS\MFA from on premise Windows Server 2012 R2 to Azure for HA? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adfs-to-azure/b6cab0a7-c634-4264-b056-cb9d9632ffdb
  6. One user can't login to ADFS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One user can't login to ADFS: There's a user of our farm who's having problems to login to ADFS. He gets the ADFS login page but he cannot login. He constantly gets the page again and again. When he types a wrong password, he gets a message that the password is wrong. But once he uses correct credentials...
  7. One user can't login to ADFS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One user can't login to ADFS: There's a user of our farm who's having problems to login to ADFS. He gets the ADFS login page but he cannot login. He constantly gets the page again and again. When he types a wrong password, he gets a message that the password is wrong. But once he uses correct credentials...
  8. Can't login as local user

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't login as local user: I have new a Dell Laptop 8 gb, i5, 64-bit x64- based processor. I just reinstalled Windows 10 pro, version 20H2, OS build 19042/865, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0 via the Media Creation tool, clean installation. Which went without a hitch. I had to login...
  9. Can't login in user

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't login in user: Today I tried to turn on my computer and the error "the user profile service failed the sign-in" popped up. So after looking for solutions, all of these said that I should enter in safe mode. The problem is that I can't even enter in safe mode, it loads for about 15 minutes...
  10. Other user can't login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Other user can't login: I restarted my HP a while ago because it was really laggy. When I tried to login, It said other user and it was incorrect. I tried to make it on safe mode but that didn't work either. Please help...