Windows 10: one way access between 2 windows 10 laptops

Discus and support one way access between 2 windows 10 laptops in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have followed all the steps in this thread... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Darkitec1, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Darkitec1 Win User

one way access between 2 windows 10 laptops

I have followed all the steps in this thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/you-do-not-have-permission-to-access-pcname/704f39f0-a03e-4f1c-bead-a45df97e455d) I'm able to access the shared directories and files from my small laptop to my large laptop. But while the name of the small laptop shows up in network on the large computer, I'm unable to access the drives or files, I get the " windows cannot access \\network drive. You do not have permission to access \\network drive. Contact your network administrator to request access.

This is ludicrous. why can I access drives, folders and files on the large laptop from the small laptop, but when I attempt to access the small laptop from the large laptop I'm unable to do so (and of course the way that doesn't work is the way I need it to work) Please give me a solution that actually works.

Small Laptop: Windows 10 home - build 18362.476

Large Laptop: Windows 10 pro - build 10586.0

I have identical setting for file sharing and advanced file sharing on both computers

I have identical settings for security on both c drives of both computers

Both computers are connected to the same network

:)

Darkitec1, Nov 28, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 28, 2019
  3. karyeowl Win User
    Laptops cannot access desktops via WIFI

I have 3 desktops (all on Windows 10 1803) connected on my LAN. After following this forum for some times and did all the steps as suggested by forum member, access denied, all my desktops are able to view and access one another. I have a printer connected to PC1, and managed to connect all the other 2 PCs to have the shared printer.

I also have 2 more laptops (both Asus with the same Windows 10 1803) connected via WIFI. Performed all the same steps as per the desktops, but I was not able to access PC1. I was able to view all the 3 desktops from the file explorer, but I just can't access all the desktops. However, I was able to access the Asus laptops from desktop PC1.

Anyone able to assist on this matter? Any assistance is highly appreciated.

karyeowl, Nov 28, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Nov 28, 2019
Thema:

1. one way access between 2 windows 10 laptops - Similar Threads - access between laptops

2. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access between 2 PC: I received a new computer at work without a wifi card so I wanted to connect him to my other computer with an ethernet wire. Here is how I configured the computer with internet https://i.stack.imgur.com/75WJd.jpg And the computer to connect with...
  3. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Internet access between 2 PC: I received a new computer at work without a wifi card so I wanted to connect him to my other computer with an ethernet wire. Here is how I configured the computer with internet https://i.stack.imgur.com/75WJd.jpg And the computer to connect with...
  4. Internet access between 2 PC

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. how do I share files between 2 windows computers, one windows 10, the other laptop with...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I share files between 2 windows computers, one windows 10, the other laptop with...: how do I share files between 2 windows computers, one windows 10, the other laptop with window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-files-between-2-windows-computers/394e2721-33ed-48f2-9038-47dba1474830
  6. how do I share files between 2 windows computers, one windows 10, the other laptop with...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I share files between 2 windows computers, one windows 10, the other laptop with...: how do I share files between 2 windows computers, one windows 10, the other laptop with window 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-share-files-between-2-windows-computers/394e2721-33ed-48f2-9038-47dba1474830
  7. One Drive - access between computers

One Drive - access between computers: How do I get One Drive folders to show up on another computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-drive-access-between-computers/e2b985fc-e86b-4ff8-abee-db98c3f90c00
  8. Is there an easy way to migrate between 2 profiles on one pc?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there an easy way to migrate between 2 profiles on one pc?: I created a new admin profile on my pc because the user folder name on my old one was wrong, is there a (somewhat) easy way to migrate all of my files and applications and settings and such over? submitted by /u/IIAppDataII [link] [comments]...
  9. USING MS ONE-DRIVE BETWEEN 2 PC's

USING MS ONE-DRIVE BETWEEN 2 PC's: Attn: Greg Carmack... About a year ago you addressed the process of using One-Drive to sync files between 2 computers. I wonder if you could elaborate on your answer. I have two Win 10 PC's both using Office 365. I have 2-3 Excel files that I would like to have synced...
  10. Is there a way to imitate this for a Windows 10 Dell 2 in one laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to imitate this for a Windows 10 Dell 2 in one laptop: I have used the Mac for a while where one can zoom the entire desktop by tapping 4 fingers on the mouse tracker, etc. Is there a way one can do this in a Windows Desktop or Laptop mouse or a utility? Probably not right? Someone said it can be done but I search and check all...