Windows 10: One weird SD Card problem

Discus and support One weird SD Card problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; so yesterday, i went to go fly my drone, and i got some nice videos, i come home, transfer about 10 of them, each being around 1-2GB to my computer,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wildcat987, Nov 23, 2019.

1. One weird SD Card problem

so yesterday, i went to go fly my drone, and i got some nice videos, i come home, transfer about 10 of them, each being around 1-2GB to my computer, when it starts telling me it cant find the files anymore 2 videos in, there're gone, only one file is left and it was called something similar to "USBC-#####" with the "#" being a few numbers i cant remember, and it was around 770MB. now this has happened to me in the past a few times and i eventually just got over it in a week, but with zero hope i put the sd card into my tv and there i saw ALL of my videos, (but not the single 770MB file my computer could see), which windows and myself couldn't find, and better yet i was able to play them. now i don't remember if it was the same before but i put it back into my computer and also tried on my phone and they both told me there was actually space being used up on the card, which if the videos weren't on the card it would be almost empty (maybe 10MB's). my question is how can i restore these files so they actually show up on my computer? (i've tried showing hidden files but it does nothing).

:)

Wildcat987, Nov 23, 2019

2. Card SD problem

Look at this FAQ for information about your SD card:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp8/phones-and-hardware/use-an-sd-card-to-add-space

In part, relating to SD card removal this is what was said:

To safely remove the SD card from your phone

Before you take the card out of your phone, you need to go through a few steps on your phone first. Otherwise, it can cause problems with the card itself or the files on it.

• In the
      App list
      , tap Storage Sense
      One weird SD Card problem storage-sense-icon_InvariantCulture_Default.png

• Tap SD card, pan down and tap Remove SD card, and then tap
      Yes to confirm.

• In the Safe to remove message box, tap OK, and then take the card out of your phone.
    If you don't safely remove the SD card, when you reinsert the card you might see the
    Scan SD card and fix errors message box. If that happens, tap
    Yes to have your phone scan the card and try to fix any errors. If you see an
    SD card scan failed message, insert the SD card into a PC to try and fix it there. To learn more, see this
    Microsoft Support article about fixing SD card problems.

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Nov 23, 2019
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    weird sd card

A friend traded me a mirco sd card he had in his phone. it was a 200 gig sd.
    what is weird about it it only is writable in a micro sd slot. For me this means
    only my Android tablet or Nextbook (win 8) tablet can write to it.
    I tried it in three standard adapters and it wasn't even detected unless the
    write tab was set to on. is there any way around this?
    I would like to use it to transfer my indesign templates and documents
    to and from work.

thomaseg1, Nov 23, 2019
  4. One weird SD Card problem

dorsetknob, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

One weird SD Card problem

1. One weird SD Card problem - Similar Threads - weird Card problem

2. File problems on an SD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File problems on an SD card: I have an SD card that has backup files of JPG, XLS, and DOC files which now appears corrupted.Windows 10I ran chkdsk on the drive and got the following results. Apparently, the data is still there, but I can't get to the files. Is there a way to recover the lost data to a...
  3. File problems on an SD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File problems on an SD card: I have an SD card that has backup files of JPG, XLS, and DOC files which now appears corrupted.Windows 10I ran chkdsk on the drive and got the following results. Apparently, the data is still there, but I can't get to the files. Is there a way to recover the lost data to a...
  4. SD card removal problem

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SD card removal problem: Hello, when I insert my SD card directly in the SD card port it works properly, but when I remove my SD card a content appears that my computer is in trouble, then the computer restarts. please guide me how can I fix this problem?...
  5. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  6. SD Card Reader Problem

in Windows 10 Support
    SD Card Reader Problem: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and the SD Card reader has changed. Before when I entered the SD card into the slot it would appear (like the first image) on the Device and Drivers. But now it only appears like (the second image) all the time and won't open. Anyway time I try to...
  7. Sd card Problems

Sd card Problems: So, I pressed "Eject" on the sd card, later I put it back in and it wouldnt work. Does anybody have a solution? Microsoft, FIX THIS PROBLEM!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-problems/5950f30f-7c60-412f-afb5-ebf7f60dfbba
  8. SD card problem.

SD card problem.: An SD card that I have is not showing up in Windows after the latest update. I know that the SD is good because it is working on another computer just fine. Could you please assist?...
  9. SD card reader problem

SD card reader problem: Hi, so my father was using a Windows 7 machine, and with this PC he would use a verbatim 15in1 reader. When he would insert his card, Windows would allow him to automatically move any picture and video files to a specific sub folder on his hard drive and also label each file...
  10. weird sd card

weird sd card: A friend traded me a mirco sd card he had in his phone. it was a 200 gig sd. what is weird about it it only is writable in a micro sd slot. For me this means only my Android tablet or Nextbook (win 8) tablet can write to it. I tried it in three standard adapters and it...