Windows 10: One windows account altering another on a shared computer?

Discus and support One windows account altering another on a shared computer? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have windows 10 and use my account for some business and some gaming My wife got a job working from home and decided to make another account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/gaurdian1, Nov 3, 2020.

1. One windows account altering another on a shared computer?

So I have windows 10 and use my account for some business and some gaming

My wife got a job working from home and decided to make another account and profile on my computer, which is totally, however because it’s for work she doesn’t need a bunch of gaming shortcuts on her main screen so she deleted a few of them on her account, but when I open to my own they are gone as well... like gone gone... ??? How can I keep changes on one account from altering the set up on my own account?

submitted by /u/gaurdian1
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/gaurdian1, Nov 3, 2020

2. Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Zakin Win User
    Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown One windows account altering another on a shared computer? :(

Zakin, Nov 3, 2020
  4. DTG1 Win User

One windows account altering another on a shared computer?

Cannot access shared network drive

Personally, I wouldnt use Everyone. If anyone hacks into you, they have full access to everything and can demolish everything on your raid. I would rather set up accounts and access separately for each person. That way, I know who did all that damage. In the end with a little extra work, I feel more secure by using Authenticated Users.

If this helps.
    step 1 create non-microsoft account and without email and address without admin rights
    step 2 share a drive or folder to specific user account (if Everyone is listed, remove it)
    step 3 set security > add Authenticated Users (if more than 1 account) or add specific users
    step 3a remove Everyone from list
    step 3b uncheck full control and write for all items listed except SYSTEM and Admin account.
    step 4 right click Start > Computer Management > System Tools > Shared Folders > Shares ... to verify settings and change anything else. You can also see the number of connections to each share here.

DTG1, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

One windows account altering another on a shared computer?

1. One windows account altering another on a shared computer? - Similar Threads - account altering another

2. Is it possible to share files within one computer with 2 accounts?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Is it possible to share files within one computer with 2 accounts?: Hi, I have my old account, which i am not sure how many devices are logged on. I decited to use my second, but i want to keep all the data from my old account. Is there any wqy, of sharing ALL of the files between profiles at once? Not copying them to public etc. but giving...
  3. Is it possible to share files within one computer with 2 accounts?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to share files within one computer with 2 accounts?: Hi, I have my old account, which i am not sure how many devices are logged on. I decited to use my second, but i want to keep all the data from my old account. Is there any wqy, of sharing ALL of the files between profiles at once? Not copying them to public etc. but giving...
  4. Is it possible to share files within one computer with 2 accounts?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sharing a display with another computer

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Sharing a display with another computer: My desktop has two displays using Display Ports. The card is a GTX1660. W10Pro v2004. I also use the left one as an 2nd display for my laptop through a HDMI port. When I want to do this, I obviously select HDMI input. My annoyance is as follow. When I use the 2nd display...
  6. Sharing one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sharing one account: Hi, I have a Microsoft account that I got for my son to use with his x-box. I recently bought a new laptop. Not thinking it would be a problem I logged in using my Microsoft account that my son uses and now my screen saver and my laptop looks like his PC and xbox screens....
  7. Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need to share folders to another computer on another wifi network.: Basically, I have two houses with two desktops, and a laptop that I take everywhere. I would like to be able to share a specific folder or two (not OneDrive, it will not work) with my two desktops, and if possible, to my laptop as well. If it helps, I always run Enterprise on...
  8. sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10

sharing from one Windows 10 to another Windows 10: I have done this before on same laptops. But lost hard drive on receiving laptop and it was replaced. Of course my network settings were lost. I have followed the steps and set my documents folder to be shared. On the other networked laptop I can see the first laptop (name...
  9. Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does Reseting One Computer with the Same Account as Another Harm the Other Computer?: I am reseting a computer to give it to my neighbor. When I go to the reset menu, it says that it deletes all accounts on the PC. I use this same account on another PC. Will it delete the account or will it just delete it from the PC? Thanks...
  10. Sharing problem with one computer

Sharing problem with one computer: Hi, This problem is driving me crazy. We have 3 computers on our home network, a Lenovo laptop, a Surface Pro, and a Samsung All-in-One PC. All are running Windows 10. Both the Surface and Samsung can access all the shared files on all three computers. The Lenovo can access...