Windows 10: One wireless printer, various wireless signals 2G,5G, access point

Discus and support One wireless printer, various wireless signals 2G,5G, access point in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a dual band router 2G and 5G. I also have a wireless extender EXT. My Surface Pro chooses the wireless connection that is best. But my wireless... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Inglés de mar Schoo lof, Apr 3, 2020.

1. One wireless printer, various wireless signals 2G,5G, access point

I have a dual band router 2G and 5G. I also have a wireless extender EXT. My Surface Pro chooses the wireless connection that is best. But my wireless printer is configured to only 5G_EXT, and so it doesn't print if a different ban is chosen at the moment. How can I get the printer to print regardless of band?

:)

Inglés de mar Schoo lof, Apr 3, 2020
  2. Marcomm_ Win User

Wireless printer in 2G and computer in 5g: printer not seen

Hi, I have a wireless printer attached to 2g wireless network and the computer in 5g: I cannot install the printer on the computer, it is not seen on the network as well as all other 2g devices.

I already set the network as "private" on Windows 10 and created a workgroup.

Should I do something else?

Regards

Marcomm_, Apr 3, 2020
  3. Marcomm_ Win User

Hi,

I installed with USB but if I detach it, it stops working and this is what I expect since a printer installes via usb has a different address than a network installed one.

The article above is pretty basic and of course I did already check it.

The printer works perfectly on wifi with a mobile phone so it seems to be a matter of WIndows itself because also from another Windows 10 computer it is not discoverable as well as all other devices on 2G wireless network. It seems there is a channel separation
    between 2G and 5G wireless that are threaten like 2 different networks.

Marcomm_, Apr 3, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

One wireless printer, various wireless signals 2G,5G, access point

Hello,

If you are unable to connect to your wireless printer, it could be that it is incorrectly configured. May we know if you have installed the wireless printer by following the steps provided by
    Alden Rey about fixing printer problems under To install a network, wireless, or Bluetooth printer? Before adding the wireless printer, kindly remove the previous installation of the printer from your computer. This way, conflicts
    with the drivers of the printer would be avoided.

We look forward to your response.

David Haz, Apr 3, 2020
Thema:

One wireless printer, various wireless signals 2G,5G, access point

1. One wireless printer, various wireless signals 2G,5G, access point - Similar Threads - wireless printer various

2. Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with Wireless adaptor or access Point: Bought a new Gaming PC - It connects to my home internet for periods at a time. Shortly after connection it will disconnect and then refuse to connect to the internet until a troubleshoot has been completed and resolved the issue.The trouble shoot produces: “a network cable...
  3. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with wireless adapter or access point: Everyone else is able to access the internet but me. I keep clicking on the wifi my house uses, but it keeps saying 'cannot connect to this network'...
  4. 5g versus 2g

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    5g versus 2g: my computer is 5g my reader only finds the 2g anyone know of a solution or do i have to buy a new kindle https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/5g-versus-2g/80c66f1d-3fdb-44b7-a1a7-edf596fff16a
  5. Wireless IR signal to a printer

Wireless IR signal to a printer: I have a HP Laserjet 5P and I'm running Windows 10. I want to be able to send a wireless signal to print. How can I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-ir-signal-to-a-printer/f2f7c87d-e1ed-4fc2-9380-79b75e606068
  6. Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point

Problem with Wireless Adapter or access point: I have bought a Lenovo Legion Y7000P-1060 laptop where Windows 10 Home was pre-installed. The problem that I am facing since day 1, every time that I start up my laptop is unable to connect to the wireless network of my home that I have to lunch troubleshooting which gives...
  7. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: I was unable to find an answer to this problem in the forum, but I did find something on my own and wanted to post it in case it helps others. I was unable to reply in the already existing thread. My new laptop kept dropping off of the wifi network randomly. I would run a...
  8. Problem with wireless adapter or access point

Problem with wireless adapter or access point: My wifi is frequently going down. It says I have signal but I can't do anything on the internet. I troubleshoot it and it says the problem found was: Problem with wireless adapter or access point. It also then has a green tick next to it saying fixed. I close the...
  9. 5G and 2G

5G and 2G: My routerr has both 5G and 2G but my settings will only list 2G. running windows 10. My ipad wright next to my computer lists both. What can I do to get my computer to recognize 5G ?...
  10. Problem with wireless adapter or Access point

Problem with wireless adapter or Access point: I lose wifi connection and I have to reboot to resolve problem at least one a day. How can I stop the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-wireless-adapter-or-access-point/21829029-40c9-4c87-a3c7-54c705d507c8