Windows 10: OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

Discus and support OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I changed my OneDrive login credentials a while back as the old email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was being spammed but I've... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by valorous, Jan 2, 2023.

1. valorous Win User

OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

I changed my OneDrive login credentials a while back as the old email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was being spammed but I've just received an email to the old email address stating my personal OneDrive account has been unused for two years and will soon be deleted despite being in current use with the newer login credentials *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I've checked and the files it claims are in the account associated with the old credentials are identical to the ones associated with the new credentials - i.e. there is only one set of files and they appear to be accessible via either set of credentials.

:)

valorous, Jan 2, 2023

2. Task scheduler user account list includes user accounts that have already been deleted from the computer.

Thanks for providing the results of the troubleshooting steps we provided. Since the credentials are still showing up in task scheduler, we suggest that you follow the steps below to check the entries in the credential manager and delete the entries manually:

• Type the words Credential Manager in Cortana or the search box.
    • From the list of results select Credential Manager
    • From this screen, you can manage Web Credentials and
      Windows Credentials

Once you have the screen open verify if any of the credentials you saw in task scheduler is present and manually delete them.

Regards.

Jordan Dom, Jan 2, 2023
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jan 2, 2023
  4. Davide3i Win User

OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

OneDrive keeps asking for credentials at every boot.

Hi to everybody.
    First of all, I know there are a lot of topics regarding this issue. Still, I didn't find anything which could help me.

A few infos:

• I'm running the Insider Build 14332, and this problem started to show up since this last installation;
    • I've already tried to delete my credentials from the Credential Manager, with no luck.

I've noticed this thing: OneDrive is messing up with Windows credentials too. Each time I login with it, Windows 10 keeps asking to verify my account, so I had to follow this guide by Brink to fix the mess.
    Now I'm in the situation where my Windows is working, but I can no longer use OneDrive.
    Browsing around the internet, I've read that a lot of people are still having this problem (as you can see at this link).
    In particular, some people have having this problem (like me): in Credential Manager, the username is being turned in a random alphanumeric string (see the photo).
    Any hint to fix this problem?

OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials. [​IMG]

Davide3i, Jan 2, 2023
Thema:

1. OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials. - Similar Threads - OneDrive deleted despite

2. Windows Credential's automatically being deleted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Credential's automatically being deleted: We use a remote desktop version of a program and to simplify the login process we add Windows Credentials for the users, so the RDP automatically signs in. We have noticed a few users where their credentials are being automatically removed after a certain amount of time. Is...
  3. Windows Credential's automatically being deleted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Credential's automatically being deleted: We use a remote desktop version of a program and to simplify the login process we add Windows Credentials for the users, so the RDP automatically signs in. We have noticed a few users where their credentials are being automatically removed after a certain amount of time. Is...
  4. Why isn't settings using the internet despite being connected to it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't settings using the internet despite being connected to it?: I'm trying to update Minecraft, but Microsoft store isn't 'connected to the internet'. yes I know that's off topic, please bear with me I have internet of course, Microsoft store shows all sorts of other apps to download and starts to try and download them and then... fails....
  5. Why isn't settings using the internet despite being connected to it?

Why isn't settings using the internet despite being connected to it?: I'm trying to update Minecraft, but Microsoft store isn't 'connected to the internet'. yes I know that's off topic, please bear with me I have internet of course, Microsoft store shows all sorts of other apps to download and starts to try and download them and then... fails....
  6. Why isn't settings using the internet despite being connected to it?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.: I changed my OneDrive login credentials a while back as the old email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was being spammed but I've just received an email to the old email address stating my personal OneDrive account has been unused for two years and will...
  8. OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.

OneDrive about to be deleted despite being in use as a result of dual sets of credentials.: I changed my OneDrive login credentials a while back as the old email address *** Email address is removed for privacy *** was being spammed but I've just received an email to the old email address stating my personal OneDrive account has been unused for two years and will...
  9. Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family settings despite not being part of a Microsoft family: Recently I have been unable to use any search engines besides Edge. When I try I receive a family features pop up stating "You'll need to ask to use this app" and "You can't use Firefox because of your family safety settings, but it doesn't hurt to ask" I am not a part of any...
  10. Question about Onedrive deleting files?

Question about Onedrive deleting files?: I have a folder of work files that I just copy to Onedrive so I can access them from my other PC’s. When I update that folder I just want to delete it from Onedrive and recopy the entire folder. When I delete that folder will Onedrive try to delete the folder or files on my...