Windows 10: OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

Discus and support OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Seeking OneDrive help, Dec 16, 2023.

1. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old account, and in all descriptions of the OneDrive installation process, it shows up as a seperate folder on the side in File Explorer like this screenshot from YouTube tutorial:Why is it not appearing like that for my new account?Thank you

:)

Seeking OneDrive help, Dec 16, 2023

2. Explorer, OneDrive, and Pictures Folder Bugging Out

So, I have an Explorer sidebar cluttered with broken things. I'll put this in list form so it's easiest to digest:

1) Installed Windows 10. All was well.
    2) Began using OneDrive.
    3) Re-directed Pictures folder to OneDrive (D:\OneDrive\Pictures).
    4) Decided to go back to university. University offers a free OneDrive Business account with 1TB of storage and free access to all the Office apps. Score! Saving 10 bucks a month!
    5) Migrated all of my files from personal account to University account.
    6) Logged out of personal OneDrive account.
    7) Personal OneDrive folder is stuck in the Explorer sidebar and points to the old OneDrive folder, which it keeps making even if I try to delete it.
    8) Tried to re-direct pictures folder to "D:\OneDrive - University\Pictures" and get an "Access Denied" message.

So, I'm stuck with a OneDrive folder in the sidebar I can't get rid of, and a Pictures folder that points to nothing and can't be changed. What can I do to rectify this?

Thanks!

Erglebergle, Dec 16, 2023
  3. anvarali Win User
    remove inextant account onedrive folder from explorer

Hi, I'm Anvar, I'd be glad to help you today on this

To remove OneDrive folder from file explorer will have to stop backup in OneDrive settings before unlinking account

Kindly do below steps

Link OneDrive with your account again and wait till it completely sync

and click Backup in OneDrive settings and click backup settings and click stop backup for all items there

once the backup stopped for all items click on account tab and select choose folders

untick available offline option and click OK

once all above steps done unlink account and now OneDrive folder will be removed from fie explorer

Hope this helps.

anvarali, Dec 16, 2023
  4. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

File Explorer Not Showing Files/Folders

On Windows 10, File Explorer does not always show files or folders that I have saved in OneDrive. There seems to be no pattern to which files or folders will not be visible. When I open OneDrive in my browser, all the files are there, but not in File Explorer.

NicholasDuBois, Dec 16, 2023
Thema:

OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

1. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer - Similar Threads - OneDrive account does

2. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer: I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old...
  3. OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive account does not show up as direct folder in File Explorer: I have recently tried replacing my old private OneDrive account, to which I no longer have access, with a new one.Everything went smoothly except for the fact that it does not show up directly under Desktop, but rather only as a folder inside Users/username. With my old...
  4. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  5. OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer

OneDrive for business folder shows up as Pictures on file explorer: Hi all,I have 2 pc’s, a work W10-US and private W11-US pc, that both connect to my OneDrive for Business account, At some point in time I told one or maybe both of these PC’s to back up the desktop, documents, pictures folder to OneDrive for Business.Much later I found out...
  6. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer: Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in outlook email. I can switch from one to another easily. However, If i were in my work outlook email and tried to attach a file, it...
  7. Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer

Onedrive account not showing up in file explorer: Hello, I am having a problem with my file explorer. I have 3 different emails I use: Personal, work, and school. They are all under my account in outlook email. I can switch from one to another easily. However, If i were in my work outlook email and tried to attach a file, it...
  8. OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.

in Cortana
    OneDrive files not showing up in Windows File Explorer search.: Help would be appreciated. OneDrive tech could not help. My onedrive files and folders are not showing up when I search for them in file explorer windows search in the bottom task bar. They used to, before I moved my onedrive files to D:, which has more space. My C: is a...
  9. OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive not showing up in File Explorer: I have 3 machines with W10 build 1903, two with Pro and one with Home. On both the Pro machines, OneDrive shows up just before This PC. On the home machine OneDrive does not appear at all. One Drive seems to work just fine on all three machines, things that are supposed to be...
  10. Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Linux SMB not showing up in File Explorer (but can be accessed direct): I'm on a WIndows 10 Pro PC accessing a linux server with samba etc installed and working well (visible via Homegroup to both Android and Windows 7 pro). From the Win 10 box, if I type the name of the server in Windows File Explorer, then the shares from the server show up...