Windows 10: Onedrive and backup images

Discus and support Onedrive and backup images in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Realizing I could do a daily file backup which I don't do at this time, I have on 2 separate occasions needed to use a system image to get my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Harley Ewing, Dec 23, 2019.

1. Onedrive and backup images

Realizing I could do a daily file backup which I don't do at this time, I have on 2 separate occasions needed to use a system image to get my computer using windows 10 Pro 1909 version up and running again. Using reset keeps my files but causes me to lose apps installed and some settings. When the image is finished Onedrive picks up from the time the image was created therefore I have some office files that I use a lot get synced backward in time and I must manually rebuild them. Is there any setting to get Onedrive to restore the file by the latest available date. In other words, get it to sync using the most recent file not necessarily the image Onedrive files. I also lose files made after the image is made. I am currently using and syncing Onedrive on 3 PCs. If this setting is not available, I guess the best choice is to Reset and save the files and reinstall all the apps, Uugg.

Harley Ewing

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Harley Ewing, Dec 23, 2019

2. [HELP]Image recovery issues

Guys i am trying to fix my cousins Asus Eee netbook. It has a backup image file that is partitioned on the hard drive but when I go to use it the app will run through a few steps and stop. It is running Vista . Any suggestions?

Rapidfire48, Dec 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 23, 2019
  4. kernrsn Win User

Onedrive and backup images

W10 Mobile Lumia 830 Backup Not Being Saved to OneDrive

Thanks Chari San,

I understand I can not see what is contained in the backup stored on OneDrive, but I should see them listed. In my case there is not one being stored at all even though the phone reports it has backed up. See screenshots from OneDrive from my phone logged
    into the same account the phone is and the backup settings page above. Without the backup on OneDrive my restored phone will lose at least call history, start screen setup and installed app list from what I have found.

Step #2 is not displayed on the new phone. (How can it restore a backup that is not on OneDrive at all). It skips over that step and I get a default install on the new phone without my call history, start page or app history. I'm not sure what else I
    might be missing but for sure at least those 3 items do not come across.

How do I resolve this issue? Suggestions?

kernrsn, Dec 23, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive and backup images

1. Onedrive and backup images - Similar Threads - Onedrive backup images

2. how to system image backup to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to system image backup to OneDrive?: Is it possible to System Image Backup to OneDrive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-system-image-backup-to-onedrive/160fe470-e877-4013-a2ab-aeaa5281f979
  3. how to system image backup to OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to system image backup to OneDrive?: Is it possible to System Image Backup to OneDrive ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-system-image-backup-to-onedrive/160fe470-e877-4013-a2ab-aeaa5281f979
  4. image backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  5. image backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    image backup: Can i use a sata hard drive to make a image of my win 11 computer that has a ssd indtalled then use the sata hard drive to restore the ssd if needed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/image-backup/96d56eff-828e-440f-8a87-9531fc87921f
  6. Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image Backup: I have successfully used Macrium Reflect in the past to create an image backup on a machine running Windows 8.1 that had Microsoft Office 2010 installed on it. I have recently bought a new computer running Windows 10 and have a a subscription to Office 365 on it. For some...
  7. Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Image Backup: I Am Trying To Make A Windows Image Backup. I Have 3 Drives, CSSD System Drive, DSSD Games And EHDD Storage, When I Try To Make An Image It counts C And E As System Drives Almost 600 GB. I Cant Find Any Way To Unselect Drive E Help. I Have Attached A Screenshot THX[IMG]...
  8. Backup and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup and OneDrive: Is there a way to Backup (i.e. use File History) Directly to OneDrive rather than copying the File History folder to the OneDrive section of my PC? thans. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-and-onedrive/e4bb32b8-7572-4c20-a050-b16abea2d075"
  9. image backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    image backup?: Your're welcome. Now make an image backup of your system so you can always recover to a fully functional computer. image backup? you mean iso? and how? 50301
  10. Image backup.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Image backup.: Trying to do an image backup in W10 "The drives that are required for windows to run will be included by default." The os is on disk drive c Another internal disk drive, H is classified by w10 as a system disk and also has to be backed up by default. Both C and H are...