Windows 10: onedrive and compression

Discus and support onedrive and compression in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I compressed my hard drive and by default it compressed the Onedrive files. Now I have 10 GB less on my hard drive than I did before compression. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MeganAdams2, Jul 8, 2019.

1. onedrive and compression

I compressed my hard drive and by default it compressed the Onedrive files. Now I have 10 GB less on my hard drive than I did before compression. I believe these files are now local (the icon is the non-solid green tick which means locally available). I tried specifying online only (blue cloud icon). But it didn't respond.

How do I get these files off my computer and in the cloud only? I have some video that should be there.

Thank you.

:)

MeganAdams2, Jul 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jul 8, 2019
  4. onedrive and compression

OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive

Hi Jlajr,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

Regarding the drive compression, suggest you to refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Ken
    Blake - Microsoft MVP’ from this thread
    to get more information on this topic.

Article for Reference.

Files save to OneDrive by default
    in Windows 10
    ’.

I would suggest you to contact the OneDrive In-App support for further help with this issue, where we have dedicated support professionals who are well-equipped with the knowledge to handle this query for you.

Sign in to OneDrive.com from any browser, click the ‘? Help’ icon on the top banner of the page and select
    Email OneDrive support. Submit your question and follow the prompts to request support.

Changes in OneDrive forum:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/feedback/forum/fdbk_news/changes-in-onedrive-forum/6f2969b2-1131-412e-b8ca-9eda47acd9b6

Further, I would also like to let you know that OneDrive UserVoice is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. Refer to the
    Feedback section from this article ‘Use OneDrive Files
    On-Demand in Windows
    ’.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

onedrive and compression

1. onedrive and compression - Similar Threads - onedrive compression

2. Why can't I delete the file indicated below in my OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I delete the file indicated below in my OneDrive?: Note that there is no other location or session where this file in OneDrive is being used. Thus, I don't understand why I can't delete it from my OneDrive, as shown on the black rectangle in the picture shown below.?...
  3. Why can't I delete the file indicated below in my OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I delete the file indicated below in my OneDrive?: Note that there is no other location or session where this file in OneDrive is being used. Thus, I don't understand why I can't delete it from my OneDrive, as shown on the black rectangle in the picture shown below.?...
  4. Why can't I delete the file indicated below in my OneDrive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser

OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser: A coworker has shared a large 770GB folder. If I open in Chrome, the file types are correct. However, I need this folder to be a shortcut in my files. Due to the size, I cannot have this folder sync to my computer. However, all the files are now compressed archives, rather...
  6. OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser: A coworker has shared a large 770GB folder. If I open in Chrome, the file types are correct. However, I need this folder to be a shortcut in my files. Due to the size, I cannot have this folder sync to my computer. However, all the files are now compressed archives, rather...
  7. OneDrive - automatic compression? In Windows Explorer, not web browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Does OneDrive automatically compress my photos?

Does OneDrive automatically compress my photos?: I want to use my 1tb account to storage my personal photos, scanned from physical ones taken even before I was born my late father had photos from the 60's and on, most of them passed on to me. My question: will OneDrive COMPRESS or do any algorithm thing that could cause...
  9. OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive

OneDrive and manually freeing up space by compressing OS drive: Today, when manually freeing up space, I saw an option to compress my OS drive for the first time. After I selected it and clicked Remove files, notifications appeared regarding files OneDrive was downloading. With only a 32GB SD card permanently connected as ROM, I manually...
  10. Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive

Storage Sense Compression and OneDrive: Today, when manually freeing up space using Storage Sense, I saw an option to compress files for the first time. After I selected it and clicked Remove files, notifications appeared regarding files OneDrive was downloading. With only a 32GB SD card permanently connected as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop onedrive from compressing microsoft

2. can i compress onedrive files

3. how to compress files for onedrive

4. onedrive compression