Windows 10: Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC

Discus and support Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There are two issues. First, I have two folders having many sub-folders and files in them in my Drive E in Win 10PC. One Folder is synced with onedrive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sam9, Jun 21, 2019.

1. sam9 Win User

Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC

There are two issues. First, I have two folders having many sub-folders and files in them in my Drive E in Win 10PC.
    One Folder is synced with onedrive and other is with G drive. Both onedrive and G drive created a folder each in my user place having all those files and folders which are in my Drive E Folder which I synced with them. Now I have same files at two places one at Drive E and other in my user place. Is this not wasting the space on my PC.

Secondly G drive Backup and Sync is not auto starting after System start and I have to manually start Backup and Sync. Though in preference, auto start is ticked.

:)

2. OneDrive Temp Folder

I have my local OneDrive folder on an external drive. My online OneDrive is about 255 GB. The problem is, it is syncing to two folders on my external drive:

1) G:\OneDrive

2_ G:\OneDrive Temp

Obviously, it is taking a very long time to sync to both locations and is doubling the size of the used space on the drive. How do I remove the OneDrive Temp folder?

BillMcAninch, Jun 21, 2019
  3. Windows is taking up too much hard drive space.

Hi Trisha,

Windows might have been accumulated large drive space due to installed apps, temporary files, or etc. For us to identify which item mostly accumulates your drive space, we suggest that you check it here:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Storage, and then press Enter.
    • Under Local Storage, click on This
      PC (COnedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC :).
    • On this window, you will see which item mot accumulate your drive space.

We also recommend that you follow the steps given on this article on how to
    free up drive space in Windows 10
    . Click on every drop down to view the steps.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Janeane Cru, Jun 21, 2019
  4. Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC

Onedrive hard drive space

I recently acquired a new laptop with a smaller SSD drive thinking I could use Onedrive to file storage. I am quickly running out of local storage. File explorer tells shows all my pictures, videos, documents etc BOTH in the Onedrive folder and on This
    PC. I want to retain a single copy on my PC but it appears I am retaining 2 copies. My Onedrive storage is at about 200GB but my SSD is double that and fast running out of space. If I choose folders in Onedrive and unselect it removes both references to
    the file in file explorer. Is Onedrive actually causing my files to be saved locally twice?

StephenPearce2, Jun 21, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC

1. Onedrive and G Drive taking double space on my PC - Similar Threads - Onedrive Drive taking

2. Sims taking up Onedrive space

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sims taking up Onedrive space: Hi, so I play sims 4 and sims 3 and have quite a bit of custom content. However EA downloads the game to the user folder, resulting in the games and therefore the folders for the mods to download to the Onedrive. I've looked on here and tried to get Onedrive not to sync these...
  3. Sims taking up Onedrive space

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sims taking up Onedrive space: Hi, so I play sims 4 and sims 3 and have quite a bit of custom content. However EA downloads the game to the user folder, resulting in the games and therefore the folders for the mods to download to the Onedrive. I've looked on here and tried to get Onedrive not to sync these...
  4. onedrive is taking up all of my computer space

onedrive is taking up all of my computer space: Hello,Recently, my computer alerted me that my computer was low on storage space 500 MB or so. So I went to drag all my downloads into the OneDrive folder, and it uploaded. However, my computer said that I had zero bytes on my computer. I then tried dragging those files into...
  5. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  6. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive: The reason I use OneDrive is to put files in a cloud that doesn't take up hard drive space on my PC. Unfortunately it is. How can I access OneDrive documents from my PC file explorer without it taking up space on my hard drive? Thank you in advance....
  7. OneDrive Taking Up Space on My Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. My "G" drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My "G" drive: Hi, I installed VLC Media Player. It reconfigured my computer. When I went to pull up my "G" drive it was gone. Now when I put my USB in, it doesn't work. It wont even light up as if it was trying to work. What I would like to do is - refresh my computer to the way it...
  9. A Microsoft Store App Is Taking Double the Space on SSD

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    A Microsoft Store App Is Taking Double the Space on SSD: Hey, I've recently been playing Phantasy Star Online 2 from the Microsoft Store. Short story: I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and now it takes up nearly twice as much space on my SSD. I want that space back. Detailed story: Every once and a while the app won't...
  10. Double G Mail windows

in Browsers and Email
    Double G Mail windows: When clicking on G mail two instances of G mail open. I just close one. Is there a way to have only one open? Thx, Ray 20852

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to double space in oned drive