Windows 10: OneDrive and Local Account login

Discus and support OneDrive and Local Account login in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by pseudoware, Aug 2, 2015.

1. OneDrive and Local Account login

Can I acces OneDrive with the desktop app even if logging into my computer with a local account? I know this wasn't possible on Windows 8/8.1. Thanks.

:)

pseudoware, Aug 2, 2015
  2. RickB_464 Win User

Windows screen saver restore is a blank screen

All - more data as to when this sleep restoration issue started about 6 weeks ago. 8 weeks ago I started to actively use the Microsoft live account with OneDrive. I would login to the PC with a local username/password credentials then login to the OneDrive
    account. A Microsoft Windows update was pushed to the PC and I was guided to use the "live" account credentials to login to the PC. Another Windows update was pushed and shortly afterwards I noticed the sleep restoration issue. I have not gone back to the
    local PC login credentials because I like the integration with the OneDrive account. However I don't know if there would be something in the "live account" login credential settings that could possibly cause this sleep restoration issue. Is this possible?

RickB_464, Aug 2, 2015
  3. Computer has been slow after setting up OneDrive

If you untick the box for OneDrive to start with WIndows, then restart the PC, how does it perform for a day?

You said that you "inadvertently set up a password login" was this changing a Local User Account to a MS Account in order to use features like OneDrive?

If so you can also click the link at Settings>Accounts>My Info to Sign in with a Local Account to compare performance.

If you want to avoid signing in with a MS Account follow
    How to Skip the Windows 10 Login Screen

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

OneDrive and Local Account login

1. OneDrive and Local Account login - Similar Threads - OneDrive Local Account

2. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  3. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Local Administrator account will not login: A new local non-Microsoft account was just created with a new password in Windows 10. When the login screen comes up from "Switch users," and the new account name and password are entered, the account will not login. Both the user name and the password have been updated and...
  4. Local Administrator account will not login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't login to local account.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  6. Can't login to local account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to local account.: Can't login to local account, when try to do so, it shows an error code, We're sorry , But Something Went Wrong. Your Microsoft Account Wasn't changed to local account....
  7. Cannot login with local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot login with local account: Hi, created a "local account" but are unable to login. User has been added through Settings, Other Users, I was asked for Name and Password only. When trying to login as Other User I am asked for email/password. i I wanted to be add local user without email, ii there is no...
  8. Local User Account and OneDrive

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local User Account and OneDrive: From what I have read, in order to use OneDrive (integrated in the OS, not the web browser), you have to use a MSA account to login to the computer in order to use OneDrive. Is there a way to use a Local user account, while still using OneDrive without using a web browser?...
  9. Domain and Local account login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Domain and Local account login: Hello, I have an Azure joined laptop with my domain account. Also I have a local account on the laptop as well. When I start the device, it logs into the local account first (no password on the local account so signs straight in). To get onto my domain account, I have...
  10. OneDrive and local account

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive and local account: Can OneDrive be used with a local account? I Know I would have to login with a MS account but can this be done from a local account? 23393

Users found this page by searching for:

1. onedrive with a local account