Windows 10: onedrive and network access

Discus and support onedrive and network access in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers on my network. A laptop and a desktop. The desktop computer is 9 years old (upgraded from 7 to 10) and Microsoft update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bill Kirchhoff, Aug 31, 2019.

1. onedrive and network access

I have two computers on my network. A laptop and a desktop. The desktop computer is 9 years old (upgraded from 7 to 10) and Microsoft update installations fail. In preparation for the purchase of a new desktop, I have backed up my desktop files to onedrive. Before doing this, I could move files from my laptop to my desktop using Windows File explorer. After, all the files on my desktop could not be seen in File Explorer from my laptop. This is unacceptable and I want to exit onedrive. How do I do this? I will be backing up my files to an external storage device. I do not want to use the cloud to allow access from both computers. I keep only a limited number of my files on the laptop.

:)

Bill Kirchhoff, Aug 31, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 31, 2019
  3. taward Win User
    One computer cannot access other network computers.

So I've tried every troubleshooting step I know:
    • Double checked that Net Bios was enabled
    • Ran a bunch of network commands:
      • flushed DNS
      • registered dns
      • pinged and located the named computers successfully
    • Reset my router to factory settings

Nothing works when I try to access via explorer. I'm still baffled by the fact that every other computer can access each other AND access this computer. It's just the outgoing connection from this machine that doesn't work.

Any thoughts?

taward, Aug 31, 2019
  4. oily_17 Win User

onedrive and network access

Home network

Did you try this

Just a stab in the dark really...

oily_17, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

onedrive and network access

1. onedrive and network access - Similar Threads - onedrive network access

2. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  3. Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Mapped network drive access denied: Hello, I want to connect my Onedrive as a mapped network drive. When I try to login using folder: https://d.docs.live.net/CID, I am given a screen to login with username and password. I am assuming username is my email and password is email password. I input the details and...
  4. Network drive of OneDrive access denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network drive of OneDrive access denied: Hello, I am having trouble connecting to my onedrive as a network drive on windows 10 file explorer. After i use https://d.docs.live.net/CID replacing CID with the cid # on the address bar of onedrive homepage I am getting stuck in a loop to sign in using my microsoft login...
  5. Network drive of OneDrive access denied

Network drive of OneDrive access denied: Hello, I am having trouble connecting to my onedrive as a network drive on windows 10 file explorer. After i use https://d.docs.live.net/CID replacing CID with the cid # on the address bar of onedrive homepage I am getting stuck in a loop to sign in using my microsoft login...
  6. Network drive of OneDrive access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. OneDrive Access

OneDrive Access: I've had a OneDrive account for years and was always able to access it on my laptop. I recently received a message that the version of Win10 on my laptop was reaching it's end support date, so did I want to update to the most recent version of Win 10. I elected to update....
  8. Access to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to OneDrive: On PC A I set up access, and get an email which says "I've shared some of my files or folders with you. To open them, just click the links below. ::{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6} file://xxxxxxxxxxx/Users/barry/OneDrive" where xxxx is the name of my PC If I...
  9. No Access to OneDrive

No Access to OneDrive: Hi I have been troubleshooting a few problems with one of our computers and finally decided to cut my losses. I have installed an image captured a few days after the computer was purchased, as it had all our programs and app already installed(but need updating) and the...
  10. OneDrive not accessible.

OneDrive not accessible.: Suddenly my OneDrive is not accessible from Taskbar. [img] Files are accessible from other places. Ordinary Admin account logged in with MS (Hotmail acc). 72571