Windows 10: Onedrive and onenote?

Discus and support Onedrive and onenote? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Guys As I like my pc to be very minimilistic (no clutter), any progs/apps not needed, I ditch, but try to make sure they are not needed. At the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by frenchman96, May 4, 2021.

1. Onedrive and onenote?

Hi Guys As I like my pc to be very minimilistic (no clutter), any progs/apps not needed, I ditch, but try to make sure they are not needed. At the moment, I question the need and value of the two in my subject. I know One Drive is a backup of sorts, not sure about One Note, can anyone advise please.

:)

frenchman96, May 4, 2021
  2. SOHO1 Win User

OneNote cannot connect to OneDrive

Windows 7 - No problem, I get a list of all my OneDrive folders for Web Locations.
    Windows 10 - Doesn't connect me logged into OneDrive and I cannot select a location. *Mad
    Note however, *Eek that if I follow the "Microsoft OneDrive" hyperlink right after the words "Web Location", it DOES open the OneDrive folder list automatically in a separate window, but that doesn't get me choice of locations on this screen so that I can choose a location. What's missing here? *Confused

Onedrive and onenote? [​IMG]

My work around for now is to keep switching back to Win7 to use OneNote there when I need to create new notebooks on OneDrive.

SOHO1, May 4, 2021
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 4, 2021
  4. Onedrive and onenote?

OneDrive and OneNote

Do the notes saved in OneNote automatically become a part of the OneDrive? In my Nokia Lumia 630 (dual SIM), OneNote is a part of OneDrive although as far as I remember, I never did so. I don't want OneNote to be a part of OneDrive. Please, help.

KamaljeetTak, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive and onenote?

1. Onedrive and onenote? - Similar Threads - Onedrive onenote

2. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local: Hello.My work Windows runs on a local account. I'd like to log in to OneDrive and OneNote maybe also Office later on in order to have some files and notes both stored online and handy on the machine nothing "classified" of course, mostly manuals and textbooks. I want to log...
  3. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local: Hello.My work Windows runs on a local account. I'd like to log in to OneDrive and OneNote maybe also Office later on in order to have some files and notes both stored online and handy on the machine nothing "classified" of course, mostly manuals and textbooks. I want to log...
  4. Log in to OneDrive, OneNote while keeping Windows local

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. One of my onenote folders in onedrive displays like a onenote file. I cant see the files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my onenote folders in onedrive displays like a onenote file. I cant see the files...: One of my onenote folders in onedrive displays like a onenote file. I cant see the files within it anymore. I can still open the files through “recents.” How do I get the folder to act like a folder again? I’ve lost the ability to move files out of the folder, or create new...
  6. One of my onenote folders in onedrive displays like a onenote file. I cant see the files...

One of my onenote folders in onedrive displays like a onenote file. I cant see the files...: One of my onenote folders in onedrive displays like a onenote file. I cant see the files within it anymore. I can still open the files through “recents.” How do I get the folder to act like a folder again? I’ve lost the ability to move files out of the folder, or create new...
  7. OneNote won't back up to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote won't back up to OneDrive: Hello,I've been using Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive for a few years now. When I had all Windows 10 PCs, I had no problem getting OneNote to sync with OneDrive automatically, while I manually copied all of my other files.However, since I've upgraded to Windows 11 PCs, all of...
  8. OneNote won't back up to OneDrive

OneNote won't back up to OneDrive: Hello,I've been using Microsoft OneNote and OneDrive for a few years now. When I had all Windows 10 PCs, I had no problem getting OneNote to sync with OneDrive automatically, while I manually copied all of my other files.However, since I've upgraded to Windows 11 PCs, all of...
  9. OneNote links to OneDrive files do not work anymore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneNote links to OneDrive files do not work anymore: I've been using OneNote and OneDrive for a while and never had this problem before. It appeared recently.The problem is that as I click on a hyperlink I created on OneNote, it no longer opens the linked file located in a folder on OneDrive. Instead, it opens the first file in...
  10. OneNote links to OneDrive files do not work anymore

OneNote links to OneDrive files do not work anymore: I've been using OneNote and OneDrive for a while and never had this problem before. It appeared recently.The problem is that as I click on a hyperlink I created on OneNote, it no longer opens the linked file located in a folder on OneDrive. Instead, it opens the first file in...