Windows 10: OneDrive and synchronization

Discus and support OneDrive and synchronization in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello I use onedrive to work on excell files. I use two PC in different localization and my friend use this files but only to read on third device (... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BartoszKrawczyk, Jun 20, 2019.

1. OneDrive and synchronization

Hello

I use onedrive to work on excell files. I use two PC in different localization and my friend use this files but only to read on third device ( he do not make any changes). There are no problem with internet connection there. If in futhure there will be some problem i can stop work , my priority is to have all changes in files on line. There will by problem for me if for example on PC 1 there will be some changes that will be not seen or others coputers.

Excell online has leak of some features wchich is on desktop version. I use excell 2019. Normally I open on windows 10 onedrive folder and open files in excell 2019 desktop. Yestarday in PC1 wich I was working and have opened some excel files ( in desktop excell) shut down becouse of power supply broke. I use my laptop but I cant open some files ,but some files I can use. There will apear window with information that there isn't connection to one drive service. And in the same time i can open some files but in case I try to open other the error message occour. I cant also copy this one important from onedrive becouse of 0x8007016A error. I understand that changes witch I make in this excell during last minutes can be lost but I cant have no access to this important excell file at all.

Whot can be the solution ?

I dont install on win 10 additional addons for onedrive service - I use only this whot is included in win10 and I hava all windows 10 updates instaled.

Whto can I do now ? The reason can by this powers supply accident ( some files was opened) ? Or maybe this is accidental problem ? How to prevent such problems in future ?

Best regards

:)

BartoszKrawczyk, Jun 20, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jun 20, 2019
  3. OneDrive won't synchronize a folder with a large number of files

There were several top folders under OneDrive. Some of them were fairly small but still would not synchronize

• C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\folder1 was very large, and wouldn't synchronize
    • but C:\Users\myname\OneDrive\folder2 contained only around 1,000 files with total size of a few MB, and it wouldn't synchronize either.
    Previously, I had moved folders into OneDrive a few at a time, and it was all working. Then I moved a group of bigger folders into OneDrive, and then it stopped synchronizing and completely stopped uploading.

Meanwhile, I have moved almost everything out of OneDrive back to my Users\myname\Documents, and OneDrive is working again.

I have Office 365 and OneDrive says 69.1 GB of 1,029 GB cloud storage used. I would estimate that the amount that I had moved into OneDrive but that failed to synchronize was around 100 GB. The total definitely never exceeded 500GB because that's all the
    data that I have.

JohnO'Donnell9, Jun 20, 2019
  4. OneDrive and synchronization

How to force OneDrive to synchronize?

I have a new clean installation of Windows 10.

After logging in using my Microsoft account, my OneDrive folder (ie the OneDrive folder in my Users folder) shows:

OneDrive and synchronization MUhlV.png

But right-clicking the OneDrive icon and selecting View online shows:

OneDrive and synchronization FSrNe.png

The latter is the correct one and is what I see from another PC's OneDrive folder signed on to the same acocunt.

Obviously there is something wrong with the synchronization. How do I fix it or how do I force a synchronization?

I suspect the problem came about because I saved a file to the Asus folder with the exact same name that already existed in that Asus folder. The error message complained and asked me to delete it. That's what I did, but the red x refused to go away, and the OneDrive folder won't show the correct content.

At this point, I am not interested in syncing any folders on my PC, other than the OneDrive folder.

Old Geezer, Jun 20, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive and synchronization

1. OneDrive and synchronization - Similar Threads - OneDrive synchronization

2. Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.: I'm trying to achieve following scenario but with no luck:1. I have two folders synchronized with OneDrive- folderA- folderB2. By default both of these folders occupy following path on my computer:C:/Users/some_user/OneDrive/So the directory structure looks like...
  3. Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.: I'm trying to achieve following scenario but with no luck:1. I have two folders synchronized with OneDrive- folderA- folderB2. By default both of these folders occupy following path on my computer:C:/Users/some_user/OneDrive/So the directory structure looks like...
  4. Storing OneDrive synchronized folders in different places on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't synchronous the OneDrive windows 10, it asks for PIN.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I can't synchronous the OneDrive windows 10, it asks for PIN.: I can't synchronous the OneDrive windows 10, it asks for PIN.I've used the OneDrive folder a lot before, but now, it shows that I've to sign in first to synchronous the folder than it asks for PIN. I don't know/have the PIN, and try to set one, but it shows that I've error...
  6. After installing the system update in June 2023, Onedrive file synchronization has problems...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After installing the system update in June 2023, Onedrive file synchronization has problems...: I have two computers, one with Windows 11 and the other with Windows Server 2022.Both of them have the same problem after installing the June 2023 update. The problem is that OneDrive file synchronization is not working properly.It does not upload the local files that have...
  7. After installing the system update in June 2023, Onedrive file synchronization has problems...

After installing the system update in June 2023, Onedrive file synchronization has problems...: I have two computers, one with Windows 11 and the other with Windows Server 2022.Both of them have the same problem after installing the June 2023 update. The problem is that OneDrive file synchronization is not working properly.It does not upload the local files that have...
  8. File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive: I am trying to backup several different Windows computers to a single Windows computer by sharing the drives of the target computers and accessing them from the backup computer. But I am running into a file access permission issue. Setup:The target computers have a Windows...
  9. File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive: I am trying to backup several different Windows computers to a single Windows computer by sharing the drives of the target computers and accessing them from the backup computer. But I am running into a file access permission issue. Setup:The target computers have a Windows...
  10. File permissions issue for files downloaded from internet / synchronized by OneDrive

Users found this page by searching for:

1. synchronization one drive error

2. onedrive force sincronization of a file

3. cant open onedrive folder windows 10 after reformat