Windows 10: OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows

Discus and support OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Well how amazingly intuitive ONEDRIVE is - decides to just install on your machine and BAM you got it with no freaken warning! Must sound like a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JRmemememe, Sep 14, 2019.

1. OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows

Well how amazingly intuitive ONEDRIVE is - decides to just install on your machine and BAM you got it with no freaken warning! Must sound like a privilege to have right?

Well F**k no it isn't! Why must Microsoft do this stupid ****, where if you didn't decided to add something on your computer, then we shouldn't get it or either we have a choice to use it.

ONEDRIVE has detected that "saving" my documents and pictures was a great idea (and I didn't ask it to do this, it just decide to add those folders by itself just like a person intruding in your home and decides to take a nice **** on your toilet and leaves. but alas, I have to upgrade to more than 5gbs of storage since i have a **** of stuff. So I tried to unlink and remove the picture and document drives from one drive on the onedrive website and OMFGWTF - it just deletes all the stuff on my HOME PC as well!!!! GREAT WORK YOU ****! maybe learn from google or dropbox where if i remove a folder from your cloud storage site, then DON'T F**KEN DELETE THE STUFF ON MY PC!

I have lost a lot of stuff because of this! and don't give me the bs 'oh just go to the 'recycle' area and bam all your stuff is back! Like NO doesn't work like that sadly. I have to either download all 20gb of documents as well as pay and upgrade my storage since it can only get 5gb.

Here is some simple **** UX for you toolbags and you can thank me later on the advice i give for helping your UX and QA team do part of their goddamn job - GIVE USERS A CHOICE WHEN WE WANT TO INSTALL OR USE ONE OF YOUR STUPID PRODUCTS THAT MAY OR MAY NOT BE IN GOOD USE TO US.

Don't just install it like a **** that gives the user no option. It took me ages to somehow find a way to take away that "TEAMS" program off my machine where it appears each time when I turn on my machine - like why should I do this?! If I don't need it then don't remind me every damn time I turn on my machine. And if I uninstall it, then don't **** reinstall it.

And furthermore, I will Update and install when I damn need to! so when i am doing work and your stupid dumb message decides to tell me that it will shut down in 10 mins because of your update, then **** YOU. If I am working on video render that has been going on for about 3 hours and i have another 1 hour to go, you can't just put this installing update **** interfering with our work!

Yes this is a rant. And yes I am serious. Tell this to your tech/managing whoever team and tell them to rectify this **** you stupid ****.

:)

JRmemememe, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 25, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync - MSPoweruser

P4-630, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows

Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017

Read more: Microsoft OneDrive to get differential sync in Q2 2017 | ZDNet

Brink, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows

1. OneDrive and syncing your **** on windows - Similar Threads - OneDrive syncing ****

2. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Your Setting and OneDrive: Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it from the Microsoft Account, will OneDrive still sync?Thanks...
  3. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sync Your Setting and OneDrive: Hello,The Sync Your Setting under Account - does this have anything to do with OneDrive? If I turn off all syncing in Sync Your Settings and clear it from the Microsoft Account, will OneDrive still sync?Thanks...
  4. Sync Your Setting and OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. OneDrive Sync

OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  6. OneDrive Sync

OneDrive Sync: I have always been confused about the file structure and display around OD on my computer.In the beginning, I only had a Documents folder Well more, of course, but this is where my confusion arises. I jumped right onto OD. So, I started with:C:\Me\DocumentsAfter setting up...
  7. Onedrive syncing

Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  8. Onedrive syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Onedrive syncing: Hi,is it possible to stop OneDrive syncing? and I don't mean just pause it. I don't want to uninstall or anything, I'd just like to know if possible and if so how.Richard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-syncing/457dd1b9-5708-43a1-b666-6637547708fc
  9. onedrive sync

onedrive sync: How can I stop OneDrive pictures syncing with PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync/609276a8-0ef7-4391-aa9e-801e4fe1f1ff"
  10. OneDrive Sync

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive Sync: Hello Good People, Despite looking around, I don't understand how the sync works. First, is there a master, so to speak. ie does the cloud version mimic the PC files. ie if there is a file on my PC and not on the cloud, will the cloud get updated? An then, if a file gets...