Windows 10: Onedrive and This PC folder sync

Discus and support Onedrive and This PC folder sync in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Klantaff, Mar 10, 2022.

1. Klantaff Win User

Onedrive and This PC folder sync

I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change files in This PC they do not change in the Onedrive folders. It seems that they are not linked in any way. When I set Onedrive up I pointed to the Documents and Desktop folders and a Onedrive section was created in Explorer with Documents and Desktop and all associated folders and files in it, but they do not stay synced

:)

Klantaff, Mar 10, 2022

2. Is it possible to choose certain folders on PC to sync with OneDrive?

Thank you, Diego! But what you suggest is about syncing OneDrive folders with PC. I mean the Folder Protection feature which lets to sync folders on PC to OneDrive.

Murad Ahmadzada, Mar 10, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft turns on shared folder sync for OneDrive

Source: Allow folders to be shared/co-owned with access/sync the same for all co-owners - Feature Suggestions for Microsoft OneDrive

Brink, Mar 10, 2022
  4. TarAn_D Win User

Move the OneDrive Folder

Move the OneDrive Folder in Windows 10

When you set up OneDrive to sync with your computer, a folder C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive will be created to store the contents. XXXX denotes your username. To move this folder to another location follow these simple steps:

1. Unlink OneDrive from your PC:

• Go to the taskbar notification area
    • Right-click on the OneDrive icon
    • Select settings
    • Click: Unlink this PC
    2. Delete the C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive folder

3. Create a new folder (target folder) for OneDrive contents, e.g. D:\OneDrive

4. Create Directory Junction for the new folder

• In the search area of the taskbar type CMD and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter
    • In the command window type
    mklink /J C:\Users\XXXX\OneDrive D:\OneDrive

adjusting it to your specific username and selection of the target folder

5. Link again OneDrive to your PC using the OneDrive icon in the taskbar notification area

TarAn_D, Mar 10, 2022
Thema:

1. Onedrive and This PC folder sync - Similar Threads - Onedrive folder sync

2. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  3. Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Syncing Files/Folder with OneDrive: Reinstalled Windows 10 on laptop. Have all my files/folders backup on OneDrive. My Pictures folder is 79Gb. Is it going to take a long time to sync my Pictures folder back to my Laptop I like a copy on my laptop as well as on OneDrive as I only have 65mb internet speed....
  4. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  5. Onedrive and This PC folder sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive and This PC folder sync: I have Windows 10 and just moved to Onedrive in order to sync my files to the cloud like I did with iDrive. My goal is to ensure all the files and folders in the Documents folder and Desktop are backed up automatically whenever they change. Boom!Unfortunately, when I change...
  6. OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive folder not syncing with cloud: Hi, this my first post here. I don't know if I have put this in the correct forum, apologies if not. My Windows Version is 20H2. For some reason I created my OneDrive folder within my existing OneDrive setup, in C:\Users\Username\OneDrive\Email attachments\Documents. I don't...
  7. Onedrive and PC sync

Onedrive and PC sync: Hi, I would like to find out how to stop syncing certain folders from my pc to onedrive? I dont want to loose any folders on my pc. That seems to be the issue when you select folders on onedrive, then it deletes folders on my pc. Thanks...
  8. OneDrive Sync to specifc folders

OneDrive Sync to specifc folders: Hi. I'm trying to use a single OneDrive account to sync to a number of PC's and a NAS but only specific files/folders. The NAS does this perfectly but One Drive wants to synchronize files I don't want. The issue is and I see this as huge failing, there is a potential to hold...
  9. Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive

Not Syncing Folders with OneDrive: How do I add a folder to my desktop without having OneDrive attempt to sync it? I wanted to move a large file and for ease of access wanted to place it on the desktop. I don't want OneDrive to upload all 6GB of it. What I tried: I created a "Local" folder on Desktop. I...
  10. OneDrive files/folder sync

OneDrive files/folder sync: How do I get a newly created (by me) Video folder in OneDrive to save new content and sync with My PC >Video folder? Currently new video content is saved in QneDrive >Camera roll. OneDrive version 19.070.0410.0007 [ATTACH]...