Windows 10: OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder

Discus and support OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have an older Dell All-inOne PC running windows 10. I keep most of my files in the - This PC\ Documents folder. I started using oneDrive to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rondebbs, Feb 21, 2019.

1. rondebbs Win User

OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder

Hello, I have an older Dell All-inOne PC running windows 10. I keep most of my files in the - This PC\ Documents folder. I started using oneDrive to backup my Documents folder. I think when I set this up I just copied the This PC\Documents folder to OnDrive so I now have OneDrive\Documents. I always work on the local Documents folder and periodically get any new files to OneDrive\Documents as a backup.

I recently got a new Lenovo laptop. After logging on the first time I realized that my OneDrive files could be seen/accessed from the new Lenovo. But now on the new Lenovo I see that my local Documents (This PC\Documents) seem to be populated with all the OneDrive\documents files. I'm not sure how they got to my local hard drive (This PC\Documents). Are OneDrive files automatically copied to my local Documents folder? Thanks - Brad

:)

rondebbs, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Feb 21, 2019
  3. CP2009 Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Chdslv Win User

Need Documents folder of This PC to stay away from OneDrive Documents folder

I need Documents folder of This PC to stay away from OneDrive Documents folder.

In other words, OneDrive>Documents should open my OneDrive's Documents folder and This PC's Documents should open This PC's Documents folder, not the OneDrive's Documents folder. This PC's Document folder
    should not be linked to OneDrive's Documents folder.

File Explorer has few sections: Quick Access, OneDrive, This PC.

I need OneDrive and This PC to stay separately. Otherwise having 2 sections One Drive and This PC loses sense.

Anything saved should be in This PC, while only things specifically saved to OneDrive should be saved there.
    Right now it is a mess. When I click on Documents in This PC, it opens the OneDrive's Document folder. This PC is This PC, after all.

Is there a simple solution for this problem?

Chdslv, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. OneDrive and two PCs Documents Folder - Similar Threads - OneDrive PCs Documents

2. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  3. Two documents folder but no download folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two documents folder but no download folder: Two documents folder but no download folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/two-documents-folder-but-no-download-folder/49c1a334-0edf-4b92-97fe-88facca6347d
  4. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder: After upgrading from win7 to win10, I found that there are two Documents folders in my user folder. One of these apparently is the Desktop folder containing all desktop files, but named Documents. I cannot change its name, and when trying to create a new Desktop folder,...
  5. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder: After upgrading from win7 to win10, I found that there are two Documents folders in my user folder. One of these apparently is the Desktop folder containing all desktop files, but named Documents. I cannot change its name, and when trying to create a new Desktop folder,...
  6. Two Documents folders but no Desktop folder

7. Two Documents folders

Two Documents folders: I moved my documents folder onto D drive. And everything was fine. Then I did the same thing with my desktop. But now for some reason, I have two documents folders and now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the desktop directly...
  8. Two Documents folders

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Two Documents folders: I moved my documents folder onto D drive. And everything was fine. Then I did the same thing with my desktop. But now for some reason, I have two documents folders and now everything I save in my D drive also goes to the desktop and everything I save in the desktop directly...
  9. Two Document folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Document folders: I have 2 Document folders both with same properties.How has this happened (one has a push pin icon next to it)It is safe to delete one of them? 153742
  10. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 this pc change documents from onedrive to local hard drive

2. this pc two documents

3. how to do away with onedrive and other new add ons in windows 10 pro x64