Windows 10: OneDrive and Windows 10 Reinstall

Discus and support OneDrive and Windows 10 Reinstall in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; PC currently Windows 10 PC was upgraded long time ago from Windows 8.0 Original synced drive was called "SkyDrive" (newer PCs use a folder called... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kevin Stecyk, Feb 6, 2019.

1. OneDrive and Windows 10 Reinstall

• PC currently Windows 10
    • PC was upgraded long time ago from Windows 8.0
    • Original synced drive was called "SkyDrive" (newer PCs use a folder called "OneDrive")
    • SkyDrive is presently located at the following location: J:\Users\Kevin\Documents\SkyDrive

I currently have an older PC. I want to wipe the C drive and reinstall Windows 10. One of my concerns is my "OneDrive," which is labeled at "SkyDrive" on my J drive, not my C drive.

When I reinstall Windows 10 fresh, how do I prevent Windows 10 from installing "OneDrive" on my C drive or some other location and downloading all my files all over again?

I assume that I will be given the opportunity to say where I want my new OneDrive to be located.

• Should I point it to my "SkyDrive" folder? (I don't want OneDrive nested inside of Skydrive)
    • Should I point it to "J:\Users\Documents\" and let it find "SkyDrive" (I don't want OneDrive nested inside of SkyDrive)
    • Should I rename SkyDrive to OneDrive before I wipe the C drive and reinstall Windows?
    • What's the best process to follow?

I look forward to your help.

:)

Kevin Stecyk, Feb 6, 2019

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Feb 6, 2019
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Feb 6, 2019
  4. Freezer Win User

OneDrive and Windows 10 Reinstall

Windows 10 - OneDrive

[/quote] Click to expand... Sorry, but I think you're confused and keep referring to Onedrive. There is a big difference between the consumer version of Onedrive business O365 version. I do not have the consumer version of Onedrive installed... it is Onedrive for Business. Also, this script is for "Onedrive" .... not Onedrive for Business. Thanks anyway.

OneDrive (for Business) built-in Windows 10 differences?

No thanks for providing a non-rant version. I ought to recruit about 20 million people and walk down to Microsoft headquarters and do them in. Tired of Microsoft forcing their childish development skills on the masses.

Freezer, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

OneDrive and Windows 10 Reinstall

1. OneDrive and Windows 10 Reinstall - Similar Threads - OneDrive Reinstall

2. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  3. Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't reinstall OneDrive after uninstall: File Explorer keeps freezing when trying to open a Word files stored on Sharepoint/OneDrive.I uninstalled OneDrive hoping to reinstall.Now OneDrive will not reinstall.And Chrome won't work.Windows Update shows that the computer is up to date.64-bit operating systemEdition...
  4. I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...: I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This message cannot be closed as there is no X in the corner and Ican't seem to get it off my screen....
  5. I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...

I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This...: I deliberately uninstalled OneDrive and now I keep getting a message to reinstall it. This message cannot be closed as there is no X in the corner and Ican't seem to get it off my screen....
  6. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  7. OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.

OneDrive installation is corrupted and can't be uninstalled or reinstalled.: Hi,I have OneDrive installed, and somehow the installation got corrupted. It will only show the tray icon and when clicking it, it's just white and I can't do anything.So I thought I just reinstall OneDrive. But when trying to uninstall via Apps, I get the message:...
  8. how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...

how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...: I cant tell you how tired of dealing with this i am. it is literally a deal breakre for me. this is truly unfathomable that this is even legal. So i have gone through every tutorial ever on removing onedrive. ive installed a brand new copy of windows with my computer unhooked...
  9. how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to make onedrive never ever reinstall a folder a piece of logic or any bleeping thing...: I cant tell you how tired of dealing with this i am. it is literally a deal breakre for me. this is truly unfathomable that this is even legal. So i have gone through every tutorial ever on removing onedrive. ive installed a brand new copy of windows with my computer unhooked...
  10. OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question

OneDrive phone app uninstall/reinstall clarification question: First I apologize for this not being in the right thread. But I’m not sure where it should actually be located since it’s a Microsoft app. I use a phone not a PC with my OneDrive app. I accidentally deleted my OneDrive, can I reinstall and still have all my files since it’s...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reinstall one drive on windows 10 pc

2. onedrive reinstallation windows 10

3. onedrive folder not accessible after reinstalling windows

4. how do i reinstall one drive on windows 10,
  5. reinstall onedrive app windows 10,
  6. windows 10 onedrive backup