Windows 10: OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync?

Discus and support OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have gotten a new Laptop with Windows 11 and OneDrive. 99% of the files in the computer are also saved in my OneDrive account.My first question is,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by mr19th, Mar 29, 2023.

1. mr19th Win User

OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync?

I have gotten a new Laptop with Windows 11 and OneDrive. 99% of the files in the computer are also saved in my OneDrive account.My first question is, if I delete a file from my computer, does it delete it from the cloud, as well? My second question is, I have an external drive and two old laptops that I want to copy and save to the OneDrive account, so all the files are grouped together. Will those files also upload into the Windows 11 computer? They're only photos, videos, docs,.. no programs or anything. Is there a way to turn that off for certain folders in my OneDrive account. I basically

:)

mr19th, Mar 29, 2023

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 29, 2023
  3. P4-630 Win User
    OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync? [​IMG]

"At Ignite 2016, Microsoft has just announced that it is bringing Placeholders back to OneDrive on Windows 10. Now, they are not called Placeholders anymore — Microsoft is renaming the feature to “On-Demand Sync” which makes a lot more sense than “Placeholders”.

The company demoed this feature at Microsoft Ignite today, and it works just like it used to previously. As you can see in the screenshot above, the files stored in OneDrive weighed in around 9GB, but the actual size on disk was only around 3MB which is really neat. Of course, this feature isn’t anything new as it was available back in the Windows 8 days. However, Microsoft removed the feature with Windows 10, and after lots of waiting, they are finally coming back.

In case you are not familiar with OneDrive Placeholders, it’s a pretty neat feature which lets you see all of your OneDrive files on your computer — but they are not actually downloaded on your PC. When you open them, OneDrive will download the files on-demand, saving your local space which is really useful, especially if you have a PC that doesn’t have a lot of storage.

While Microsoft didn’t announce when exactly On-Demand Sync will be available to OneDrive users, we suspect it will be available with Windows 10 Redstone 2 — which is expected to arrive early next year.
    "

OneDrive Placeholders are coming back, now called On-Demand Sync

P4-630, Mar 29, 2023
  4. Drone Win User

Windows 8 Clubhouse

Windows 10 Build 9879 released (last update for 2014).

New features:

1) a checkbox menu option where you can turn off/on Task View and Search icons in the toolbar (I got rid of them XD)

OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync? windows-10-toolbar-options-large-100530292-large.png

2) simplified OneDrive experience

W10 will now use what MS calls selective sync, where you'll need to specify what's saved to your PC, and what MS keeps in its OneDrive cloud. MS appears to be killing OneDrive app, allowing users access to OneDrive strictly through the File Explorer. (fuck yeah!)

OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync? [​IMG]

3) 5 new three-finger gestures to swipe through Windows 10's UI

• 3 fingers up launches Task View
    • 3 fingers down to Show Desktop
    • 3 fingers flick to left/right to switch to previous app (go back 1)
    • 3 fingers move left/right: Alt-Tab (Task View) pops up, and you can select the app you want (remove fingers to select)
    • 3-finger tap: Search
    4) Snap Assist works across multiple monitors

5) New IE that utilizes Edge rendering engine, designed for improved compatibility with the various sites on the Web.

6) MKV container support!!! Users can now play MKV files directly from Windows Media Player, including desktop and modern apps), along with proper thumbnail images and MKV support.

Drone, Mar 29, 2023
Thema:

1. OneDrive and Windows 11 Sync? - Similar Threads - OneDrive Sync

2. [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?: I have a issue with OneDrive. I am a gamer and I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The problem I have is that games I play creates a folder in "Documents" for all my saved data for that particular game. I am unable to modify the folder directory for the saved data. Due to how OneDrive...
  3. [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Onedrive Issue] How do I Keep game files local but sync everything else in documents folder?: I have a issue with OneDrive. I am a gamer and I'm using Windows 11 Pro. The problem I have is that games I play creates a folder in "Documents" for all my saved data for that particular game. I am unable to modify the folder directory for the saved data. Due to how OneDrive...
  4. OneDrive Sync Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  5. OneDrive Sync Error

OneDrive Sync Error: OneDrive sync error: no permissions for norton security.lnk. I checked norton firewall permissions and OneDrive is set to "allow". Please help. Thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-sync-error/9190487d-81b0-4b37-a53b-19e3ec4b2264
  6. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  7. How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.

How to stop OneDrive from syncing and duplicating EA Game files.: Hello,I am recently having issues with EA about one of their games. However, they have noticed that I use OneDrive. I do need it on, but not with a game that I am playing. Currently, that folder where the game is located in Documents has a red X because OneDrive did flag it.I...
  8. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  9. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...: Here is my issue :I tried to find a way to remove a link to a SharePoint Volume with alot of files and subdirectory. But no success, it says everywhere deleing the link is risky to delete the source when it will sync.Each time OneDrive starts, it stop with an error saying...
  10. ONEDRIVE : I am having a Catch22 issue with OneDrive, sync interrupt, to change config sync...