Windows 10: Onedrive Annoyance

Discus and support Onedrive Annoyance in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have no idea who's bright idea Onedrive was but it's become my all-time annoyance. I have an application that stores files in a folder which by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by IanB2, Dec 4, 2021.

1. IanB2 Win User

Onedrive Annoyance

I have no idea who's bright idea Onedrive was but it's become my all-time annoyance. I have an application that stores files in a folder which by default is below Documents, at the time some years ago it seemed a good idea to put it there because the user needs to see and access the folder. The application allows the user to relocate the folder anywhere via an Option and so remembers the path to the folder in a registry key. Everything is golden until along comes Onedrive and silently relocates Documents to below its' own folder so my path is no longer correct and the program no longer

:)

IanB2, Dec 4, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Dec 4, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    OneDrive annoyance

Hi Jane

Right click the OneDrive icon on the right hand side of your Taskbar and choose Settings

In settings, you will see 'Unlink this PC/My Account' select that option

OneDrive will no longer try to sync your files

Then depending on the version of OneDrive you have, you need to uninstall it . ..

Open the old Control Panel (click your Start Button, then just type control and hit Enter

Go to Programs and features, find OneDrive, select that and choose Uninstall

If you do not find OneDrive in Control Panel:

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

In the list of Apps, find OneDrive, select that and choose Uninstall

DaveM121, Dec 4, 2021
  4. Onedrive Annoyance

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 4, 2021
Thema:

Onedrive Annoyance

1. Onedrive Annoyance - Similar Threads - Onedrive Annoyance

2. OneDrive annoying features

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive annoying features: Hi there!I've recently discovered OneDrive as a good photos storage. However I'm quite a perfectionist about computers stuff, so here I show you some annoying disc features, that I can't get around.1. Is there a possibility to hide "For you" tab in "OneDrive Photos"...
  3. OneDrive annoying features

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive annoying features: Hi there!I've recently discovered OneDrive as a good photos storage. However I'm quite a perfectionist about computers stuff, so here I show you some annoying disc features, that I can't get around.1. Is there a possibility to hide "For you" tab in "OneDrive Photos"...
  4. OneDrive annoying features

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onedrive Annoyance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Annoyance: I have no idea who's bright idea Onedrive was but it's become my all-time annoyance. I have an application that stores files in a folder which by default is below Documents, at the time some years ago it seemed a good idea to put it there because the user needs to see and...
  6. Onedrive Annoyance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive Annoyance: I have no idea who's bright idea Onedrive was but it's become my all-time annoyance. I have an application that stores files in a folder which by default is below Documents, at the time some years ago it seemed a good idea to put it there because the user needs to see and...
  7. About OneDrive's red, annoying and permanent message

in Windows 10 Customization
    About OneDrive's red, annoying and permanent message: OneDrive insists that I unlock my personal vault but I am not doing anything with it.When I unlock it, complete the synching and then lock it, the OneDrive goes back to this RED message.Is there any way to get rid of it?ThanksRM Canada...
  8. My pictures folder is in my Onedrive and it's annoying.

My pictures folder is in my Onedrive and it's annoying.: [ATTACH] As you can see, my pictures folder is in my Onedrive and I don't want it there. I've tried restoring the default location of my pictures folder but it gives me the following error message: [ATTACH] I've also tried editing the registry as per what I found from...
  9. Mapping Documents drive etc to Microsoft 365 OneDrive folders. Annoyances...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mapping Documents drive etc to Microsoft 365 OneDrive folders. Annoyances...: So I've mapped all my main folders (except Downloads) to OneDrive folders. This is great to keep the files backed up to the cloud and available across all my devices, but the integration feels really clunky sometimes... for example: - recent files dont seem to reliably appear...
  10. oneDrive folder inside username directory gets to be annoying there by default?

oneDrive folder inside username directory gets to be annoying there by default?: hey you mods, take a look at the images below. can anyone tell me why a folder that I **copied** from an external SSD to this machine ended up in this folder that has *oneDrive* as a subdir in it? I don't want that. I don't use any of MS's products, ever. Sorry to be a...