Windows 10: Onedrive - another huge problem killing the PC and consuming most of the payed surf

Discus and support Onedrive - another huge problem killing the PC and consuming most of the payed surf in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just discussed the hopeless routine sedlauncher that allmost killes peoples laptops and pc:s when its working a lot but is not at all needed or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Hans Izra, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Hans Izra Win User

Onedrive - another huge problem killing the PC and consuming most of the payed surf

I just discussed the hopeless routine sedlauncher that allmost killes peoples laptops and pc:s when its working a lot but is not at all needed or anyhow cause more problems than it handles if one doesnt own a superfast-pc of latest model. It slows down my pc:s far to much and im really not alone with that struggle.

An even bigger problem, in the same area -pc-killing, is this hopeless onedrive. An app that cant be uninstalled, but lucky enough it can be stopped. Also when stopping it it doesnt so far seem to start again by itself. (But who knows what happens after the next update of the system. After one update it really didnt take care of my settings and started again)

I use during the summertime (summerhouse) a connection with "dataprices" and its also slow. Namely a Samsung phone is set up as a hotspot and the signal from 4G is weak. Then the hotspot is delivering wifi to some pc:s in the house. OFCOURSE I dont want everything backed up to the onedrive. Especially as i keep some videos taken by myself in the nature and backuped both in several pc:s and in usb:s. also somewhat using the Google drive (which cares of my settings)
    I set again and again the Onedrive to NOT backup more folders than i want.
    But it returns backuping everything and those videos is sometimes more than 1 GB each.
    Its not only that the crazy routine consumes my payed plan, its also killing the connection for other uses.
    Ofcourse i had to stop Onedrive completely, and I would like to uninstall it, but cant.
    (If I dont uninstall Win 10)
    This is really sad, that Microsoft cant always make things in a proper way. Onedrive is number one cloud cause it interact with the filemanager in a good way.
    Microsoft must take some care of my and other users SETTINGS in the system. Or we get joked and very frustrated, and ofcoruse feel to leave the system completely.

:)

Hans Izra, Jul 4, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off

Read more: In Memoriam: All the consumer products Microsoft has killed off | ZDNet

Brink, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Onedrive - another huge problem killing the PC and consuming most of the payed surf

Onedrive is causing a ton of problems

Thank you for your answers!

No there weren't any noticeable changes in my system configuration since the problems has been started (over 2 years ago :/).

I tried all the suggestions in this
    thread
    and a few others including:

• Uninstall OneDrive - reinstall
    • Unlink OneDrive - relink
    • Reinstall whole operation system

I think it might have been something todo with my MS Account, because the OneDrive client on my home PC is also used by my wife and everything works fine there. Strange behavior only appears with my account.

@Grey

My OneDrive is on a separate partition but I have the same problems before as well. The many icons you see are going away when I go over with the mouse pointer, but it shows how often my OneDrive is crashing and restarting.

Performance is even better when I kill the OneDrive and DocumentCache Task in the Task Manager - everything goes back to normal.

BenediktNeuhold, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Onedrive - another huge problem killing the PC and consuming most of the payed surf

1. Onedrive - another huge problem killing the PC and consuming most of the payed surf - Similar Threads - Onedrive another huge

2. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  3. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HUGE PROBLEM: Anyone who follows me knows my system is full of huge problems too numerous to address individually, except new issues. Suddenly, this system after going to the screensaver I presume is included in Windows, is not working. I get a black screen only and a message that an error...
  4. HUGE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.: Hi.I have had problems with BSOD since installing win 11. Gaming works fine thou.Here is latest dmp. Chrome reinstalled x2. Win reinstralled. BIOS updated. Drivers updated exept wifi that doesnt work when trying. Offline virusscan doesnt work. Driver has no errors. Win...
  6. BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD mostly when surfing with Chrome and Edge.: Hi.I have had problems with BSOD since installing win 11. Gaming works fine thou.Here is latest dmp. Chrome reinstalled x2. Win reinstralled. BIOS updated. Drivers updated exept wifi that doesnt work when trying. Offline virusscan doesnt work. Driver has no errors. Win...
  7. OneNote app crashing, consuming huge amounts of RAM

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OneNote app crashing, consuming huge amounts of RAM: submitted by /u/ima_gay_nerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gcitoc/onenote_app_crashing_consuming_huge_amounts_of_ram/
  8. SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SYSTEM is consuming huge amount of data on internet: Good Afternoon! Recently, I bought a second hand laptop with Windows 10 pre-installed to it. Here are some details regarding my OS: Edition: Windows 10 Enterprise Version: 1703 OS Build: 15063.11 System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor I noticed however,...
  9. Internet Surfing Problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet Surfing Problems: Hi, i am am having a problem reaching some sites, such as Amazon, with my computer while I can do that via wifi with other devices. i apprcite your assistance. Farzad...
  10. After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra

in Windows 10 News
    After Windows10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgra: Free at last: After Windows 10, consumers won't pay for updates or upgrades By Gregg Keizer Follow Computerworld | Oct 10, 2014 12:30 PM PT Microsoft will have no choice but to give consumers free Windows upgrades once it launches Windows 10 and kicks off its...