Windows 10: OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File

Discus and support OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I'm running Windows 10 x64 and am using the OneDrive app. When I select to open a file in its native app (i.e., Open > Open in app), I always get the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by nuspieds, May 12, 2020.

1. nuspieds Win User

OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File

I'm running Windows 10 x64 and am using the OneDrive app.

When I select to open a file in its native app (i.e., Open > Open in app), I always get the prompt, "Did you mean to switch apps? 'OneDrive' is trying to open '<App Name>'."

This is extremely annoying! Is there a way to disable that prompt?

I know it is a generic prompt because I've seen the posts for how to fix it for Edge but I'm using the OneDrive app. I still tried that Edge registry fix, anyway, and not surprisingly, it did not solve the issue for OneDrive.

If you know of a solution, please let me know.

Thanks very much!

:)

nuspieds, May 12, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, May 12, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, May 12, 2020
  4. OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File

App to open .c6e0ec and .e8d549184 files

Hi Hitkary,

It seems that there is no default app set to open these kind of files. Can you still recall the type of app or program that opens this kind of file?

For us to isolate this issue, we suggest assigning a default app or program to open it. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings and click System.
    • Click Default apps.
    • At the bottom, click Choose default apps by file type.
    • Scroll down and look for the .e8d549184 file.
    • Once found, click the + sign on the right and select the app you want to use.

Once you've successfully set the default app, try opening the file again and let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 12, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File

1. OneDrive App Asks "Did you mean to switch apps?" When I Open a File - Similar Threads - OneDrive App Asks

2. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  3. when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    when i open a certain app, it asks for selecting a specific path. but when the window opens...: here is the problemi had used my gta 5 mod remover as an example. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-a-certain-app-it-asks-for-selecting-a/9856de1e-2854-4187-b57d-8e99ab84a796
  4. It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...

It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...: When using Microsoft Phone Link, I am unable to view my phone screen on my laptop running Windows 10. I have tried all of the suggested remedies here to no...
  5. It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...: When using Microsoft Phone Link, I am unable to view my phone screen on my laptop running Windows 10. I have tried all of the suggested remedies here to no...
  6. It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...: I am reposting this question.Note: Microsoft Advisors - please do not respond if you don't plan on replying when I respond that nothing you suggested works. Clearly there is a problem and I am not the only one asking. Did you take the time watch the brief video and observe...
  7. It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...

It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...: I am reposting this question.Note: Microsoft Advisors - please do not respond if you don't plan on replying when I respond that nothing you suggested works. Clearly there is a problem and I am not the only one asking. Did you take the time watch the brief video and observe...
  8. It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. It looks like Phone screen was closed. Did you mean to close this app, or do you want to...

10. Office apps crash when opening a file from onedrive

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office apps crash when opening a file from onedrive: Ive had this problem for a while now and the cause is a damaged user profile, so I'm looking for help with how to 'repair' the damage. This is not related to a specific build of Windows or an update, but just FYI I'm using Windows 10 Pro 64bit with build 202H The Problem: If...