Windows 10: OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Discus and support OneDrive app opening Documents folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC'). This evening I changed the location of my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LAndersonBurton, Aug 15, 2020.

1. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Long story short... When I click on my OneDrive app, it opens my Documents folder (folder in 'This PC').

This evening I changed the location of my Documents folder to within OneDrive, and then tried to return it which somehow ended up with 'OneDrive' replacing 'Documents' in the 'This PC' list... I used a .bat file to restore 'Documents to the correct place here, but there still appears to be an issue with Onedrive.

Does anyone have any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thank you!

:)

LAndersonBurton, Aug 15, 2020

2. Why I have TWO Documents folders?

ok so lemme start off my saying i recently wiped my system and installed windows 10
    and i noticed even more recently that i seem to have TWO documents folders...
    i have one that has nothing that it should in it and the other somehow is linked to Onedrive...
    the onedrive linked one has everything that the non onedrive should. (game saves, etc)
    my question is...why? is this normal cause i can't imagine it is...
    i don't think steam game save cloud will work with onedrive so i need to know, is this fixable WITHOUT another wipe? i have no idea how my onedrive got synced with my documents folder. i didn't set it up that way. any help is appreciated!
    thanks!

TheMatt1984, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Aug 15, 2020
  4. OneDrive app opening Documents folder

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive app opening Documents folder

1. OneDrive app opening Documents folder - Similar Threads - OneDrive app opening

2. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  3. Documents folder turned into OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Documents folder turned into OneDrive: I used to have a yellow manila folder under the blue cloud in File Explorer that was called Documents and was part of my OneDrive, and a text file symbol folder under the My PC in File Explorer that was called Documents and saved to my hard drive. I switched to a new...
  4. Onedrive Documents folder moved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  5. Onedrive Documents folder moved

Onedrive Documents folder moved: Good afternoonHaving purchased a laptop in addition to my desktop setup, I have set it up with access to my onedrive files. During the process the 'Documents' folder moved to become a subfolder of e-mail attachments. Step 1 - panic everything is gone. Step 2 - oh it's still...
  6. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  7. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: I activated OneDrive to add my university's OneDrive folder to File Explorer. In doing so, my primary user folders Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. were moved there as well. In attempting to reverse this all returned excluding the Documents folder, persisting in its...
  8. Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder in Windows Explorer opens to Docs folder on OneDrive: When I open Windows Explorer, in the left pane below "This PC", the Documents folder opens the Docs folder on OneDrive (just noticed my Pictures folder is mapped to OneDrive as well). Downloads, Music, and Videos do not...they open their respective folders in my user...
  9. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...
  10. Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents Folder Stuck in OneDrive: Hi everybody, Hopefully someone can help with this annoying issue. At some point shortly after installation I changed the Location of my Documents folder, so it may reside within the OneDrive user folder. Shortly thereafter I released this was not what I wanted, given...