Windows 10: OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users

Discus and support OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004), which was released in the last week of May, is still not available for all devices. Various configurations... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 9, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users

Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004), which was released in the last week of May, is still not available for all devices. Various configurations have been blocked from installing the May 2020 Update due to incompatible drivers, hardware, and the update is also being blocked for some users because of their “PC Settings”.

As we reported recently, May 2020 Update for Windows 10 is being blocked for users who are trying to manually install the upgrade using Update Assistant or the built-in Windows Update settings.

Windows 10 is also telling some users that there’s a problem with their PC settings and Microsoft displays a vague error message within the Windows Update page or Update Assistant, which isn’t exactly useful.

OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users Windows-10-Update-Assistant-block.jpg

This afternoon, I was able to successfully download and install Windows 10 May 2020 Update after uninstalling Microsoft’s cloud storage app. It turns out that it’s not just me as others have also managed to remove the upgrade block by temporarily uninstalling OneDrive.

“Uninstalling OneDrive allowed me to get further and avoid the block. I couldn’t figure out what was wrong and wasted so much time trying to figure out what Lenovo update/patch/hardware update I don’t have,” one user noted in a thread on Reddit.

After removing OneDrive, some of you should be able to upgrade to May 2020 Update using Windows Update, Update Assistant or Media Creation Tool.

To uninstall the OneDrive app, simply head to the Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall a program and select OneDrive.

You can always reinstall the OneDrive app after upgrading to Windows 10’s May 2020 Update and everything will be synced again.

It’s possible that the upgrade block stems from OneDrive known issue in Windows 10 May 2020 Update. Microsoft recently confirmed another issue in May 2020 Update where some users might be unable to access OneDrive or the synced content on some older devices where ancient apps are installed.

OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users OneDrive-error.jpg

Microsoft believes that the OneDrive issue is caused by old apps that use legacy file system filter drivers.

If you still don’t get the May 2020 Update, you can try updating your device’s hardware drivers. You can also disable Core Isolation feature by heading to the Settings > Windows Security > Open Windows Security > Device Security.

If nothing works, you can download the ISO files of May 2020 Update and clean install the operating system.

In June, Microsoft noted that it has started training its machine-learning algorithm to automatically upgrade version 1809 computers to version 2004 and there are plans to further expand the rollout of the feature update.

The post OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Freezer Win User
    Windows 10 - OneDrive

This is Windows 10 Pro... Enterprise is an entirely different deal and I'm sure I won't have problems that route, but I'm not forking over more $ to dipshit developers. The only thing I can think of is un-linking my Office 365 accounts within Office, but that defeats the purpose of accessing the files ONLINE and managing them from there. I have two alumni accounts, not a single problem in Windows 7/8 until M$shit devs decided to integrate Onedrive. I've deleted, renamed, set read-only to "msosync.exe," ... but windows continues to add it again and again, and NOW I just noticed it's now linking to groove.exe, instead of onedrive. Sooo fn annoying!

Onedrive on Windows 10 is not an 'app' it is integrated. Plus I don't fool around with the Windows Store thoughtless developer child bullshit. Windows Store ought to be completely removed from the Windows platform all together. Also I do not intend to completely remove Onedrive, it defeats the purpose... the purpose is to REMOVE it from Windows Explorer navigation and startup.

Freezer, Jul 9, 2020
  4. Easo Win User

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Can we have rant-less version, please?

Easo, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. OneDrive app prevents Windows 10 v2004 update for some users - Similar Threads - OneDrive app prevents

2. Windows 10 v2004 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v2004 Update: Howdy, I have a Lenovo E560 laptop with an i7-6500 with 16GB RAM and an AMD Radeon R7 M370 graphics card latest update installed running Windows 10 Pro v 1909. I have updated Windows every day forever BUT v 2004 is STILL NOT available; says when my device is ready it will...
  3. Update Windows 10 V2004 - Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Update Windows 10 V2004 - Issues: The Windows 10 V2004 recently installed and I have been fighting numerous issues with EMail hanging looks like downloading Pics HTML, Quickbooks extremely slow/ hanging up. One Drive not connecting. I have to think they are all interrelated to some back ground issue. Any...
  4. How to prevent Windows 10 v2004 to complete installation after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to prevent Windows 10 v2004 to complete installation after restart: Windows 10 v 2004 was automatically downloaded, and also installed ? - system pending restart to complete installation. With all the problems reported on this version, how do I prevent the installation to proceed after restart? Below is the current info from System Summary...
  5. Windows v2004 Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows v2004 Update: I cannot log into Windows after the update. Whether I try my PIN or Mi rosoft password, I get "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Furthermore, holding down shift key and restarting does not give a screen to choose safe mode to start. It...
  6. Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 News
    Simplified Windows Update settings for end users in Windows 10 v2004: With the rollout of Windows 10, version 1903, we gave customers control over when to take feature updates. As noted in Mike Fortin’s April 2019 blog on Improving the Windows 10 update experience with control, quality and transparency, feature updates are no longer...
  7. OneDrive is not running after fresh install Windows 10 v2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    OneDrive is not running after fresh install Windows 10 v2004: I have installed Windows 10 v2004 using Media Creation Tool only keeping personal files. After installation when Windows started I noticed that OneDrive application is not running. I tried to run from Start menu nothing happen. I tried to reinstall by downloading the app. But...
  8. UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    UAC is blocking apps and preventing some games from updating.: After the upgrade to 1903 Classic shell is being blocked "This app has been blocked for your protection. An administrator has blocked you from running this app." Now just most recently my games in origin will not update stating I must approve when the UAC pop up appears. I...
  9. How to prevent some Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to prevent some Windows 10 updates?: I don't want Microsoft to update my release 1809, and update to the latest Intel video driver because it does not allow custom resolutions anymore. What is the best way to make sure that these updates are not installed? 133271
  10. How to prevent some Windows 10 updates?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent some Windows 10 updates?: I don't want Microsoft to update my release 1809, and update to the latest Intel video driver because it does not allow custom resolutions anymore. What is the best way to make sure that these updates are not installed? 133271