Windows 10: OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening

Discus and support OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently purchased a new laptop (Dell XPS) with Windows 10. My OneDrive account has 1TB of storage and I copied 137GB and 1.1mm files into it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by iridium123, May 22, 2016.

1. OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening

I recently purchased a new laptop (Dell XPS) with Windows 10. My OneDrive account has 1TB of storage and I copied 137GB and 1.1mm files into it.

It looks like much of the data isn't syncing at all. The icons for the larger folders all have the "sync" icon on them, but no files are showing up in the online view and the OneDrive store app shows that nothing is pending upload.

Interesting the high level OneDrive icon shows a green checkmark.

OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening [​IMG]

I looked in the event viewer for logs, but no luck. I've also addressed all files with invalid characters. I'm sure there are some files that are more than 255 characters, but certainly not all of them.

Any tips on what to try next?

:)

iridium123, May 22, 2016
  2. revmns Win User

Onedrive Crashing

Does not work. They only way I can get it working is to delete all data and reconfigure onedrive. However, upon system restart, it starts all over. Onedrive will open, say it is syncing, then the icon disappears and nothing syncs. Happens every time I
    try to open the onedrive app.

revmns, May 22, 2016
  3. redcaz611 Win User
    Nothing is happening

This morning I received the message to say that the "windows 10 upgrade is here".

I clicked on "ok lets continue"

It says "working on it" for about 30 seconds then the box disappears and nothing.?

redcaz611, May 22, 2016
  4. sml156 Win User

OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening

What's your connection speed, If I tried to download a terabyte of data it would probably take a week day's and even longer if I was using the internet on any of my other computers at the same time.

You may want to have a local copy of your data to transfer to new computers faster with a GB/s LAN in the future.

sml156, May 22, 2016
Thema:

OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening

1. OneDrive appears to be syncing, but nothing is happening - Similar Threads - OneDrive appears syncing

2. OneDrive appeared to stop working. I clicked on "set up OneDrive" and nothing happens. What...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    OneDrive appeared to stop working. I clicked on "set up OneDrive" and nothing happens. What...: OneDrive appeared to stop working. I clicked on "set up OneDrive" and nothing happens. What do you recommend? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-appeared-to-stop-working-i-clicked-on-set/62aed395-97b3-49ca-a161-2b1e38ee80e7
  3. OneDrive appeared to stop working. I clicked on "set up OneDrive" and nothing happens. What...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive appeared to stop working. I clicked on "set up OneDrive" and nothing happens. What...: OneDrive appeared to stop working. I clicked on "set up OneDrive" and nothing happens. What do you recommend? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-appeared-to-stop-working-i-clicked-on-set/62aed395-97b3-49ca-a161-2b1e38ee80e7
  4. Download and nothing happen

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  5. Download and nothing happen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Download and nothing happen: I have strange issues in store where I can download application but after the installation and I close the MS Store the app will not be on the list of download apps. I tried different apps to test but got the same result. I checked on the library as well it is not showing...
  6. It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?: OneDrive Issues: I want to have my Desktop Folder on my PC and in the cloud. In File Explorer the Desktop folder is in : This PC OneDrive Quick Access But the status column is blank. How can I get the status column to change/? How do I sync desktop with OneDrive?...
  7. It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    It appears my OneDrive is not syncing?: OneDrive Issues: I want to have my Desktop Folder on my PC and in the cloud. In File Explorer the Desktop folder is in : This PC OneDrive Quick Access But the status column is blank. How can I get the status column to change/? How do I sync desktop with OneDrive?...
  8. Onedrive Sync icon not appear online

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Sync icon not appear online: Dears. I have a problem in onedrive, from one week i'm not able to sync sharedfolders inside onedrive. I can see all the shared folder on the online but the SYNC icon is not appear to sync them with the computer. i tried with many users whom have access but same issue....
  9. Click on apps, the spinning circle appear, then nothing happen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Click on apps, the spinning circle appear, then nothing happen: Initially (about two weeks ago) this only happen to Microsoft Office 365 apps (outlook, word, excel, powerpoint). What happen is, when I click on its own icon (let say Word icon), the spinning circle appear briefly then nothing happen. I have to open existing Word file then...
  10. OneDrive shows files syncing but nothing is actually being downloaded

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive shows files syncing but nothing is actually being downloaded: I started using OneDrive as my primary cloud storage about 9 months ago. I had everything on an external hard drive and got ~308 GB of data uploaded over the course of a few months. The external hard drive I was using as my local drive started to show signs of crapping out,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trying to sync onedrive and nothing happens when I click the sync hyperlink

2. onedrive is updatng files but nothing is happening

3. one drive files updating but nothing happen