Windows 10: Onedrive auto uploading images

Discus and support Onedrive auto uploading images in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TomWheeler, Aug 8, 2022.

1. Onedrive auto uploading images

My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?

:)

TomWheeler, Aug 8, 2022

2. Unable to auto upload images to OneDrive!

WP: Lumia 640 XL

Can the images be uploaded only through WiFi or through the Net pack or both? I've a Net pack and I've never used WiFi.

I ask because after selecting "Good quality (may use data plan)" (auto upload option of images), I clicked a photo and I am still waiting (even after 24 hours) for that image to be auto uploaded to OneDrive.

Btw, I can manually upload images to OneDrive.

RazPatnaik, Aug 8, 2022
  3. W1zzard Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Aug 8, 2022
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Onedrive auto uploading images

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Hi Mark,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

Auto-upload of photos to OneDrive occurs because there is no Group Policy
    setting to disable the Camera roll upload photos and videos option.

I suggest you to try the resolution suggested in How to prevent
    pictures from being auto-uploaded to OneDrive
    and check if it works.

Note: The article holds good for Windows 10.

Thumbnails for files won’t be displayed if the File Explorer is configured to show icons instead of thumbnails.

You may turn on Thumbnails and check if it works:

• Open File Explorer and click on the
      File
      menu.
    • Choose Change folder and search options to open
      Folder Options.
    • Click on the ‘View’ tab, and under
      Advanced Settings
      , uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Apply the changes.
    • Restart File Explorer and check if the issue persists.

If the issue persists, you may clear the thumbnail cache.

Clear thumbnail cache:

• Press Win + R keys together on the keyboard to open the Run dialog and type the following into the Run box:
      cleanmgr
    • Select the drive, and check the box for Thumbnails.
    • Click OK and wait for the cache to be cleared.

I suggest you to post a feedback in the Feedback Hub
    to bring back Filmstrip viewer, so that our developer team can have a look into it and include it in the upcoming updates.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Aug 8, 2022
Thema:

Onedrive auto uploading images

1. Onedrive auto uploading images - Similar Threads - Onedrive auto uploading

2. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  3. Uploading to OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uploading to OneDrive: This is an amazing service you all provide without financial reward knowing what Microsoft would be like and I am sure I can say on behalf of many...thank you.I just have a quick question here that would baffle me for too long and then probably will not resolve anyway. Where...
  4. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  5. Onedrive auto uploading images

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive auto uploading images: My Onedrive automatically uploads images from my iPhone and iPads Photos apps, cameras, and even image materials from my graphics programs. Auto upload in Onedrive has always been shut off. How do I stop this from happening?...
  6. Onedrive Uploads

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Uploads: I'm playing fortnite and onedrive keeps trying to upload the files to the cloud and i dont want that to happen! i want the files to stay on the laptop. how do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-uploads/343c2409-9118-4692-9942-f1cc640d54e6
  7. How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?

How to disable OneDrive auto upload for specific folders?: I see in the OneDrive settings that you can disable backup/autosync for the desktop, photos, and documents folders. However I have a specific folder within the documents folder that is taking up a lot of my OneDrive space. Is there any way to turn off sync for this specific...
  8. uploading to OneDrive

uploading to OneDrive: I was uploading a very large file onto OneDrive I only had the free version. It stopped uploading as I was out of space. On a different device I upgraded & paid for one of the premium packages. The device I was uploading on did not detect the upgrade. I logged out and...
  9. images not uploading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    images not uploading: I cannot upload images to any online platforms like canva and a local property listing site. I can upload the same images to Facebook without any problems. Please help I need to upload images....
  10. Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive

Disable auto-upload of photos to OneDrive: I would like to use One Drive ONLY WHEN I WANT TO!!!!!! I would like to store important files there, and NOT automatically upload the millions of photos I have on this new PC. The fixes provided by the MS online help have caused me to sit with a FULL one drive, and 100% of...