Windows 10: OneDrive: Backing Up Issue

Discus and support OneDrive: Backing Up Issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As you know, my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop consumes large amounts of data due to me editing pictures and saving them to a folder on it. But somehow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jesse Williams, Oct 19, 2020.

1. OneDrive: Backing Up Issue

As you know, my HP (Hewlett-Packard) Desktop consumes large amounts of data due to me editing pictures and saving them to a folder on it. But somehow OneDrive has gotten a hold of my files and it's backing up those saved pictures and files from Adobe which is causing my computer to run slow (performance issues) during the backup. This computer has 2 drives. I really didn't want OneDrive to handle large files or pictures. I only wanted it to handle things such as Microsoft Office files.

How can I fix this?

Windows 10 Version 2004

:)

Jesse Williams, Oct 19, 2020

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 19, 2020
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Oct 19, 2020
  4. OneDrive: Backing Up Issue

Onedrive

Hi Hiatt,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you to refer the article Find
    lost or missing files in OneDrive
    for more information regarding the missing files.

If the issue still persists please follow the steps to contact
    OneDrive support for further assistance on this issue.

1. Login to OneDrive.com.
    2. Click the ? Help icon on the top banner of the page.
    3. Select Email OneDrive support for the further assistance.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Oct 19, 2020
Thema:

OneDrive: Backing Up Issue

1. OneDrive: Backing Up Issue - Similar Threads - OneDrive Backing Issue

2. Backing up Computer on Onedrive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backing up Computer on Onedrive error: Last night my computer seems to have tried to download an update which has blue screened it. I can start the computer in safe mode. I'm trying to set up a full backup on one drive. I had to download the one drive app, but when I try to sign in on my computer in safe mode I...
  3. Backing up Computer on Onedrive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backing up Computer on Onedrive error: Last night my computer seems to have tried to download an update which has blue screened it. I can start the computer in safe mode. I'm trying to set up a full backup on one drive. I had to download the one drive app, but when I try to sign in on my computer in safe mode I...
  4. Onedrive Keeps Backing up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onedrive Keeps Backing up: Morning.Usually after an install of Windows 11, I will make sure Desktop, Documents, Pictures etc are Stopped as Backing up. For some reason after a few weeks it turns itself back on, I'm unsure if this is related to any Updates or not.I dont use Onedrive at all, so its...
  5. Onedrive Keeps Backing up

Onedrive Keeps Backing up: Morning.Usually after an install of Windows 11, I will make sure Desktop, Documents, Pictures etc are Stopped as Backing up. For some reason after a few weeks it turns itself back on, I'm unsure if this is related to any Updates or not.I dont use Onedrive at all, so its...
  6. OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document: I just fresh installed Windows 11 Pro and did not login to my Microsoft account at first. I used a local account instead. After first boot and installing some drivers from windows update, I switched from local account to Microsoft account. Then I couldn't find the "Important...
  7. OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document

OneDrive is not backing up the Desktop and Document: I just fresh installed Windows 11 Pro and did not login to my Microsoft account at first. I used a local account instead. After first boot and installing some drivers from windows update, I switched from local account to Microsoft account. Then I couldn't find the "Important...
  8. documents don't back up to onedrive

documents don't back up to onedrive: Can you add only a shortcut of a folder to a library? How I can add many folders to alibrary, where should the folder be located?I always saved my files to documents before, documents file have some important files that prevent the document system folder from backing up to...
  9. Backing up the OneDrive folder...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backing up the OneDrive folder...: Hello guys, I am trying to create a local backup for my OneDrive folder on my external hard drive. Here is the problem: My OneDrive folder is about 800 GB in size, but most of them are only placeholder files on my device online-only files for which a placeholder has been...
  10. Issues while backing up 1TB of OneDrive files to NAS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while backing up 1TB of OneDrive files to NAS: Hi there, In order to work with Lightroom directory tree from a previous failed NAS which was backed up to OneDrive I need the ca 1TB pictures restored to a like structure on a new NAS. When trying to Restore / copy picture files from my local Onedrive folder to an external...